Nissan Warms up the Sentra with NISMO model

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nissan Warms up the Sentra with NISMO model

Nissan Warms up the Sentra with NISMO model

Nissan has been without a contender in the sporty compact category since the previous generation’s SE-R Spec V was put out to pasture in 2012, but that is about to change with the announcement of the 2017 Nissan Sentra NISMO.

We were on hand in L.A. for the pre-show reveal and a brief drive (driving impressions to come later) of Nissan’s latest NISMO offering, packing the same direct-injection 1.6-liter turbo-four making 188 horsepower and 177 lb-ft of torque as the SR Turbo, while we were hoping for something closer to 200 hp to compete on more of an even footing with the GTI’s and Si’s on the scene. While the power levels aren’t going to blow anyone away, Nissan is offering a boon to enthusiasts, a 6-speed manual transmission in addition to the company’s Xtronic CVT. One of the main reasons Nissan didn’t go for big power to chase the likes of the GTI and Focus ST was keeping it affordable, with a starting price below $25,000 in the US.

Visually, the NISMO gets a “layered double wing” front, side and rear lower body wings, unique black grille, exhaust tips and NISMO badges, red accents and a NISMO rear fascia and spoiler that improves aerodynamics by reducing rear-end lift by 30 percent. The interior features the usual badges, red accents and sporty seatsColours, meanwhile, are limited to Brilliant Silver, Gun Metallic, Super Black and Aspen White.

'For 2017, we’re bringing new excitement to Sentra with the Sentra NISMO, which brings driving enthusiasts aftermarket tuner-style performance straight from the factory,' said Michael Bunce, vice president, Product Planning, Nissan North America, Inc.

To that end, Nissan has gone over every aspect of the Sentra’s chassis, delivering NISMO-tunedsuspension and steering with upgraded Sentra NISMO strut, damper and front spring tuning monotube rear shock absorbers and beefed up stabilizer bars, all riding on NISMO 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheelswith 215/45R18 Michelin Pilot Sport all-season tires.

Debuting at the LA show proper tomorrow alongside the Sentra NISMO will be the Nissan Rogue: Rogue One Star Wars Limited Edition model, Juke Black Pearl Edition and updated Versa Note.
    Read more about Nissan Warms up the Sentra with NISMO model at AutoGuide.com.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

So the Nismo Sentra will use the same engine as the regular Jukes. This is kind of surprising and disappointing, nothing wrong with that power plant but you'd expect more from a Nismo branded Sentra. Still interested in the handling reviews on the Nismo Sentra though. Whatever happened to the 2.0L 240HP motor.
    2015 Nissan Juke SV FWD CVT Gun Metallic - Mostly Stock Build Thread Hidden Content

Glad I bought my Juke RS and didn't wait for this disappointment.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

I see a Sentra Nismo RS coming out just like they did for the Juke. Especially with all the negative feedback to a weak engine choice. Question is, did they reduce the weight on the pig it was or is it still over 3000 lbs? Nissan needed to take a step into reduction if they didn't want to up the HP to compete with the Focus ST but they sure as hell needed to drop the weight to even out the playing field but then again, it would need to be under 2700 lbs to even compete with the Fiesta ST. Much less the Focus ST.
    2014 Saphire Black Juke Nismo RS 6MT- Stockish

I read somewhere it's still 3000lbs but I think they were speculating in the article. I like the gauge cluster a lot. But still love the cheesy analog one in my Juke
    2016 Brilliant Silver RS AWD
    -Injen intercooler piping (Candy Apple Red) Cold air intake (Candy Apple Red) Adapter pipe (Polished) 2nd Cat delete and Catback exhaust
    -Turbosmart Kompact dualport BOV
    -2J Racing Lightweight Crank pulley (Anodized Red)
    -2J Racing Engine hoses (Red/Blue) - on order
    -Saikou Michi Dual OCCs
    -Nissan OEM Interior lighting
    -Nismo pedals
    -Nismo strut caps

Nissan seems pretty committed and confident with the Gen2 engine which is a good sign for us 2015+ Juke owners. I'd go as far as to say it is more refined than the Gen1 engine. I'd love to see a stock dyno of the Gen1 engine versus the Gen2. Everytime I drive the Juke I'm surprised how spirited it feels, I can't help but wonder if the Gen2 motor came slightly underrated from factory.
    2015 Nissan Juke SV FWD CVT Gun Metallic - Mostly Stock Build Thread Hidden Content

9. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.