Nissan Recalls Nearly Every Juke Sold For Door Lock, Turbocharger Defects
NEWS

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nissan Recalls Nearly Every Juke Sold For Door Lock, Turbocharger Defects

Nissan Recalls Nearly Every Juke Sold For Door Lock, Turbocharger Defects

Nissan is recalling 118,000 Juke crossovers world wide due to a pair of defects that could pose problems for owners. Nissan says that the door locks could freeze in cold-weather, presenting an annoying problem for owners in cold climates. In addition, a boost pressure sensor on the turbocharger may malfunction, causing a check engine light to appear.

Both issues aren't exactly critical, but definitely could be annoying for affected owners. Nissan also said that the issues were regional, with Japan, North America and certain European countries affected by the door lock issue. Virtually every continent save for Australia is affected by the turbocharger issue. Nearly every Juke sold worldwide 118,000 in total, will have to have something fixed.

More: Nissan Recalls Nearly Every Juke Sold For Door Lock, Turbocharger Defects on Autoguide.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

I wish they would buy it back instead

Soo...do we just bring it back or wait for an official email from our dealer?

auto mag jumping the gun on a slow news day???
    wait and see if you get something in the mail... or go in to your local dealer and ask about it in a few days...

They forgot to add dash creak

The dash creak (actually nothing to do with the dash) is under a TSB not a recall. You can fix it your self in about an hour if you are saavy under the hood. Not that you should need to fix it yourself. THough I had to fix mine myself cause after two trips to the dealership they still didn't get it right.

Update: More Info...

2011 Nissan Juke Recalled

http://news.consumerreports.org/safe...r-bracket.html

Just the Facts:
    • Nissan is recalling 28,294 2011 Nissan Jukes because the vehicle could stall without warning, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
    • The turbocharger boost sensor bracket may separate from the air inlet tube due to a defective weld.
    • The recall is expected to begin on January 9.

WASHINGTON
    — Nissan is recalling 28,294 2011 Nissan Jukes because the vehicle could stall without warning, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

"The turbocharger boost sensor bracket may separate from the air inlet tube due to a defective weld," said NHTSA in its recalls summary of the problem. "If the bracket comes off, the vehicle could stall without warning, increasing the risk of a crash."

Nissan said it is "aware of several stalling incidents in foreign countries," in documentation filed with the federal safety agency. The automaker noted that no other Nissan or Infiniti vehicles are not affected because they do not use this air inlet tube.

The recall affects Jukes manufactured from April 9, 2010 through May 12, 2011.

Nissan dealers will check the lot number on the air inlet tube and replace it. The recall is expected to begin on January 9. Owners can contact Nissan at 1-800-647-7261.
    Last edited by curious; 12-15-2011 at 07:04 PM.

btw...Its not surprising that those who have already called and were told there were no outstanding recalls yet is because the recall will not be released until Jan 9th!!

Fortunately, I had my service guys go ahead replace my charge pipe a few months ago just as a precautionary measure based on the forums past reports!! They were nice enough to do this for me even with no failures present!!

2 hour old Nissan Juke and POP goes the IAT Sensor
    Last edited by curious; 12-22-2011 at 09:54 AM.

Right, the boost sensor bracket recall affects a limited number of 2011's. Then there's the freezing door locks recall that we haven't heard that much about that will affect pretty much every Juke manufactured to date. From what I understand...

Quote Originally Posted by crow View Post
    Right, the boost sensor bracket recall affects a limited number of 2011's. Then there's the freezing door locks recall that we haven't heard that much about that will affect pretty much every Juke manufactured to date. From what I understand...
    exactly!!!

12. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.