My Juke makes a rhythmic resonance while cruising straight. Video inside.

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Juke makes a rhythmic resonance while cruising straight. Video inside.

My Juke makes a rhythmic resonance while cruising straight. Video inside.

https://youtu.be/eANLDMTqWpM

A member on here posted the above video about two years but nobody responded to him. I'll try to link the thread later because I'm on mobile right now and it's a little hard to do that.

My 2011 AWD SL makes that exact same noise when I am cruising straight between 80-90 km/h. I mainly drive with the radio on so it hasn't been noticeable to me. I can't for the life of me figure out what that is. I even put brand new tires on the stock rims and it still makes that noise.

When I put it in park and rev it ever so slightly (about 1750 RPM) it's almost like I can hear this sound faintly but I don't know anymore. My Juke does rattle a bit when in park and revving and holding a certain RPM (about 1900 RPM).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Wow nobody else has this? Do you all drive with your radios on?

No I got same thing 6 speed Nismo rs
    Few similar posts

Sounds like bov shutter

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pattyoldroyd; 05-19-2017 at 01:59 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pattyoldroyd View Post
    No I got same thing 6 speed Nismo rs
    Few similar posts

Sounds like bov shutter

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    So then this is normal? It's the turbo? I don't mind that it's there I just don't want something to go flying when I'm on the highway.

Well today when I got home and put the car in park and the car was idling I gave it a little gas and remained steady on the pedal until I reached about 1750 RPM. That cyclic noise was there. So it must be the turbo. Only question now is is this normal.

Go to the dealer take out another Juke that is similar model and year for a drive and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by OppositeLock View Post
    Well today when I got home and put the car in park and the car was idling I gave it a little gas and remained steady on the pedal until I reached about 1750 RPM. That cyclic noise was there. So it must be the turbo. Only question now is is this normal.
    2015 Nissan Juke SV FWD CVT Gun Metallic - Mostly Stock Build Thread Hidden Content

9. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.