2016 AWD CVT Juke - Sluggish off the line

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016 AWD CVT Juke - Sluggish off the line

2016 AWD CVT Juke - Sluggish off the line

Hello all, I'm a new Juke owner and new to these forums. I'm experiencing an issue with my new car (less than 100 miles on it) and accelerating from a stop. When I test drove the car, I noticed a bit of delay in accelerating but as this is my first automatic transmission I figured I was just not used to how they feel. Now that I have driven the car more in different conditions, I've experienced some scary delays in acceleration when I'm trying to go across traffic from a stop. I've tried normal and sport modes and both exhibit this behavior

After doing some searching on these forums it seems like this might be a problem with the CVT? But it isn't clear to me if this is anything that a dealer can fix, or that can be done to fix this without voiding the warranty. I love everything else about the car, but I don't have confidence when pulling from a stop into traffic. So I guess my questions are. 1) Is this normal? 2) Can it be fixed without voiding the warranty? 3) Will it get any better over time as it breaks in and learns how I drive? 4) If other people are experiencing it how do they work around it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Yep, good ol' CVT there for ya'. To get into my house there's a stop on a hill going into a lift turn in a semi blind corner. I have to be absolutely sure there are no cars coming cause of how long it takes to get off the line.

I guess there's no way to know for certain unless you explain the problem in detail but I'm pretty sure what you're experiencing is just CVT.

A trick you can do is do a mild brake boost from stops, although im not sure how healthy that is for the transmission itself. On hills I just hit the brake and when I see there will be an opening I just hold the gas and brake down to like 2k RPM and let off the brake and makes it much better.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by slcjuke; 05-16-2017 at 11:12 AM.
    Current mods:
    K&N SRI, Seibon GT-R Hood, 3" Downpipe-back exhaust with Flowmaster Hushpower DBX muffler, 2J Pulley, 2J Hoses, GFB BoV, Injen Hard Pipes

Have, but waiting to install:
    Mambatek 001-0372 Turbo, Ortiz triple A pillar gauge pod, AEM AFR, Oil Pressure, Boost pressure gauges, Dedicated CVT Cooler, Hella Horns

Have purchased, but have not yet received:
    2J Downpipe, 2J FMIC, Port/Polished Throttle Body

1) It is normal. This is pretty standard with the Juke CVT
    2) There is no such thing as 'voiding a warranty'. If you make modifications to specific areas and those areas fail they *may* not be covered under warranty, it depends on the dealer and who installed it (personally, I prefer the dealer to install mods, if they refuse, they are not a mod friendly dealer, and you should find one that is). For this example, you could upgrade to a 2J pulley to help with this sluggishness. If your intercooler has issues and service is needed... the 2J pulley has nothing to do with the intercooler, so the warranty for the intercooler repair should be honored.
    3) Break in will not improve it.
    4) 2J pulley on CVT Jukes. It is not a perfect fix, but it definitely is noticeably better.
    2012 Juke SL AWD Sapphire Black
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Try using in sports mode normal is OK eco is dreadful 😄

Sent from my HTC_M9u using Tapatalk

Try backing up a hill in reverse. It's the CVT.
    2012 Juke SL AWD Sapphire Black
    Hidden Content

Thanks everyone! Seems like I need to investigate the 2J racing pulley further.

Cheers!

Yes, the pulley is a good, relatively inexpensive mod that works well. Just don't expect it to do miracles. The sluggishness is just a characteristic of the CVT itself and the pulley isn't going to magically make it go away. It just makes it slightly better.
    Current mods:
    K&N SRI, Seibon GT-R Hood, 3" Downpipe-back exhaust with Flowmaster Hushpower DBX muffler, 2J Pulley, 2J Hoses, GFB BoV, Injen Hard Pipes

Mambatek 001-0372 Turbo, Ortiz triple A pillar gauge pod, AEM AFR, Oil Pressure, Boost pressure gauges, Dedicated CVT Cooler, Hella Horns

Quote Originally Posted by slcjuke View Post
    Yes, the pulley is a good, relatively inexpensive mod that works well. Just don't expect it to do miracles. The sluggishness is just a characteristic of the CVT itself and the pulley isn't going to magically make it go away. It just makes it slightly better.
    Make sure you have a friend with a CVT Juke that doesn't have this mod done. Driving a stock juke and then back into your own that is modded with the pulley. Really helps you re-appreciate the mod. LOL
    2015 Juke Nismo RS
    Brilliant Silver
    AWD
    ———————————
    Injen SRI
    Aluminum Sport Pedals
    Works Engineering billet oil cap
    Works Engineering High Pressure Rad cap
    2J Lightweight Crank Pulley (Black)
    Synapse DV
    UpRev - Tuned to 19psi
    Cusco Strut Tower Bar
    Enkei Raijin 18x8 wheels - HYPER SILVER
    Stillen Rear Sway Bar
    Injen Upper Inter-cooler Pipes (Black) (Pending)

You're right, I drove a loaner for two days while my car was getting a leaky transfer case seal replaced. But all I'm saying is, I don't want this guy to be super hyped up thinking this pulley is going to drastically change his car and be disappointed afterwards.
    Current mods:

Try going half throttle than when the car gets moving give more throttle, CVT don't respond well when you floor it from a stop.
    2015 Nissan Juke SV FWD CVT Gun Metallic - Mostly Stock Build Thread Hidden Content

13. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.