2016 AWD CVT Juke - Sluggish off the line - Page 2

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2016 AWD CVT Juke - Sluggish off the line

Kev604 is right. You don't want to stomp from a start with the CVT, you get more delay. You want to step down about 1/3 of the way for a quicker start, then once the vehicle has moved a couple feet put your foot down more if needed.

By its very nature though, a CVT is not going to respond as quickly from a dead stop as a manual transmission or even a standard planetary gearing automatic transmission. The belt has to engage and then begin sliding up the shaft to begin modifying ratios. The trade off is smoother and snappier torque response in the midband while you're already moving, and of course in the case of the Juke -AWD. A few more things that may help.....

1. 2J Pulley, as mentioned. I don't use one but other people swear by them.

2. Valvoline CVT fluid. I replaced mine at only about 13,000mi, so it's not like the OEM fluid was worn or anything. The car undoubtedly and noticeably responds better, especially off the line, using the Valvoline fluid. It actually surprised me but the OEM fluid is just plain not as good. And the fluid is everything in a CVT, it determines a large level of its performance.

3. Try to avoid Eco and Normal modes pretty much full stop. They just don't feel as good under pretty much any scenario. I know you were already mentioning you were using Sport, but I'm just emphasizing. I occasionally use Eco on the highway or interstate once at speed to stop the turbo from constantly spooling up and down, but that's about it.

And one last thing. The Juke is not a drag racer, and a car doesn't need to burn smoke off the line to be "fast". The CVT AWD Juke is a mid-RPM monster that gobbles up sharp turns and corners at high speeds like skittles. Enjoy it for what it is
    2015 Juke Nismo RS AWD Superblack "Jukazura" | K&N Typhoon SRI | IRZ Front Strut | Silverstars

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Yup, the ECU cuts power you floor it from a stop in order to prevent high amounts of torque into the CVT. An initial part throttle into full throttle will get you moving faster.
    Stock

Also I always turn off traction control seems like the Juke responds a little quicker with traction control off.
    2015 Nissan Juke SV FWD CVT Gun Metallic - Mostly Stock Build Thread Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kev604 View Post
    Also I always turn off traction control seems like the Juke responds a little quicker with traction control off.
    Really not a good idea. That button is only there to let you get unstuck. Car will be more confused than with it on.

Just like with the Infiniti Q50S Red Sport 400. The car drives better with VDC on. Nissan's systems are just like that.

My Juke is FWD the Infiniti your talking about is probably AWD or RWD and cost atleast 2.5X my Juke lol so the drive system and transmission is much more advanced than a more basic FWD setup.
    Traction control on FWD can be very intrusive cutting power when there is a hint of wheel spin, I for one would rather have full control of the car rather than having a system cut power when I don't want it to.

Quote Originally Posted by OppositeLock View Post
    Really not a good idea. That button is only there to let you get unstuck. Car will be more confused than with it on.

Just like with the Infiniti Q50S Red Sport 400. The car drives better with VDC on. Nissan's systems are just like that.
    2015 Nissan Juke SV FWD CVT Gun Metallic - Mostly Stock Build Thread Hidden Content

8. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.