Cloudy Headlights

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cloudy Headlights

Cloudy Headlights

Hi all,

Has anyone ever tried the headlight polishing kits that are available?
    Our cars headlights are pretty cloudy and was considering polishing or replacement.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb2016 View Post
    Hi all,

Has anyone ever tried the headlight polishing kits that are available?
    Our cars headlights are pretty cloudy and was considering polishing or replacement.
    Ive had the lights polished on my winter car twice (professionally) since 2010 and they are ready to be done again.
    2014 Nismo RS 6MT
    Nismo cf front lip + b pillars, Nismo cool-blue mirrors, Nismo CAIw/Aux, cf Impul mirrors, inner panels, Seibon hood, Hella horns
    Homelink mirror, OEM refresh tails, DRLswitch, Rays formula lugs, 2J pulley+hoses, Injen IC kit, SM DOCCs
    Synapse DV, IRZ STB, Cusco RSB, 370Z smoke rear fog+switch, SmartStart mobile remote start
    Lightwerkz FXR Stg 1 HID projector retrofit, 3Gs Dual Pod Pillar, Aeroforce CNi102 gauges, Samco hoses
    Uninstalled: TUI catback, Cusco LAB, Impul grille

I had to do it on my Audi TT previously. I bought one of the polishers from an autoparts store and used a microfiber towel and it worked great. The only downside is that that once you start, you will have to continue doing it from time to time. For me, it was about 2x a year. But it's really easy to do as part of your home car wash routine. I think they have 'sealers' that can be applied after the cleaning that will make it last longer.
    2012 Juke SL AWD Sapphire Black
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Same here about doing it again and again. I ended up going to a automotive paint finishing store and purchased a big bottle of compound made for plastic. That stuff is like butter and would shine them clear in a few minutes.
    2014 SL, Injen exhaust, 2J Pulley, SRI, DRL, 4 gauges (oil temp/pressure, volts, boost), pioneer 8100, Forge intercooler, CF steering wheel, IRZ strut bar, GFB BOV, TS wastegate 3142, wheels MR125, front B&G springs, and UR rear sway/frame and lower front braces. Future: Roof upholstery.

A few years ago I used a Mothers Head Light Polishing kit on a Toyota RAV 4 with very foggy lights. Did an excellent job. After that I always applied some Eagle One wax as you dry product to the lights after a wash.

The head lights remained clear for a year and a half until the tranny went south and my wife traded it in when she purchased the Juke.
    '12 Juke SL AWD '91 BMW 318is

I do these as a part time thing for people.
    When I polish up really cloudy headlights I wet sand them with some 2000 grit and refine with some 2500!

Polish up with some Chemical Guys V34, refined with C38 and then sealed with Chemical Guys JetSeal (all done with a DA)

If you don't put good sealant on them afterwards they will cloud up again real quick. JetSeal has a good amount of UV protection which is good because plastics are easily susceptible to UV damage with effects the clarity!

All great tips for people to use.
    2014 Silver NISMO RS 2wd 240whp 260tqe
    Tint Sun Strip. Cargo Cover. DRL Switch. Zenon Headlites. Full Ultratech Racing Brace Pkg
    LED:Gator Backup Dome License SideMarker Brake. Pinstriping. Doorguards.Weathertech's
    Lighted Scuffs, Accent Lighting, Nismo Strut Caps, 80A Engine mount. Uprev Tuned. Boost gauge
    2J Pully, GTM IC pipes, Injen CAI, TS Wastegate, Injen 2ndCATdlt & 3" pipe, TS BOV, Stut Tower Brace

10. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.