Dealership run-around

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

Poll: Have I been reasonable and approached this in the proper manner?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dealership run-around

Dealership run-around

Hey all. I wasn't sure who has been following/reading any of the posts about my Juke and it being a Nissan CPO. I am now getting into it with the dealership about a few items, least of which is why wasn't there a CPO checklist given to me when I bought the car.

I am posting a copy of my recent emails with the dealership and the bull-hockey they are pulling right now. Dishonest salesman and service techs (and I am a salesman/CSR so I should know). I have always been honest and forth coming with my customers and they really appreciate it. I sure wish I could get treated in kind. Anyone want to post their experiences with a dealership (good or bad) please feel free to do so. Maybe venting will help...lol. Well, here it is up to present: (mind you, you will want to read from bottom to top to get it in linear order)

Re: NOTIFICATION OF COMPLETED VEHICLE SERVICE
    Sent By ******(ME)******** On:Jan 01/18/17 10:50 AM
    To: To XXXX Dealership Service

Message: appreciate the reply. Ok, the warranty issue being that is a much more comprehensive warranty is fine but I was not informed there was a year left on the NCPO warranty. I was on a budget (which I went over with the 5 year warranty). I guess this is acceptable and I can understand that it is a better warranty. But, what I was verbally told and what I found out were two different things and that's what started this conversation.

What about the recall info and the checklist? I really need this documentation. As far as the defogger, XXXX said the only way to fix it is to replace the window. He said they ran a continuity test and checked it with a laser temp gauge and everything checked out. Obviously it doesn't check out. Now, this would be an item that should be covered under the CPO because it is a pre-existing problem. And without having this inspection list I would have to assume that it wasn't done, or if it was, was overlooked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To: *************
    Cc: "XXXX" "XXXX"
    Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 10:38:07 AM
    Subject: RE: NOTIFICATION OF COMPLETED VEHICLE SERVICE

Mr. XXXX,
    I will have someone from the sales department review the warranty that you purchased with you. The certified warranty is only an extension of the power train components engine, transmission and driveline. The warranty that you purchased covers many more items and is better protection for your vehicle. As the service Manager I recommend this to my family members who purchase new and used vehicles. In fact I purchased the extended warranty on my wife’s 2015 Altima.
    When would you like to set an appointment to address the rear defogger. I will get involved with the diagnostic and repair with the technician.

Thank you,
    XXXX

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 8:48 AM
    To: XXXX
    Cc: XXXX; ERA Link
    Subject: Fwd:Recall conformation/few issues/ NOTIFICATION OF COMPLETED VEHICLE SERVICE

Good morning,
    Two things have come up since my car was looked at. I have sent 2 emails without response and have included them in the body of this email.

*This is a brand new issue that I just found out last night/this morning because I received the Cert. Car warranty card in the mail last night.:

*I was told that there was only 2 months left on the vehicle warranty when I bought it so I purchased a 5 year warranty. NOW I find out that the Certified used car warranty covers me until Jan. 2018 and here I paid the extra for the warranty for 5 years, when in fact I only had to pay for an additional 4 year warranty to get coverage through my loan period. I need to speak to someone about this because I feel I was mislead and paid more then I should have, or, this needs to be looked at, taken care of and some sort of adjustment made on my loan for the car or refund.

***Please see below about the defogger- I was told they used a laser heat gauge to check the 3 center grids on the rear defogger and they worked fine and got hot. Well, it was icy yesterday morning and they did not work so I used my mechanics laser temp gauge and no, they do not work. There may have been some minor radiant heat from the window and the surrounding grids but the 3 center grids are non-functional. So, now what am I to think? I never received/was offered the 167 point inspection that is supposed to be given with the Nissan Certified used car and didn't get any responses so far about the actual existence of this document which brings into question if any of the inspection was actually performed considering the things that I am finding and the worm clamp that is holding on the heat shield on the exhaust. I am beginning to get a bad feeling with not receiving this document and feeling that I was fibbed too.

I don't want to be 'one of those customers' but I am feeling a bit uneasy at this point with these 2 issues and it is instilling in me some trepidation about my purchase and the honesty/sincerity of the dealership.
    Thanks
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _
    To: "XXXX"
    Cc: "XXXX"
    Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 9:03:08 AM
    Subject: Re: NOTIFICATION OF COMPLETED VEHICLE SERVICE

*Resending because I think when I replied to the email it went to an unmonitored email:

Originally sent 1.07.2017

Thanks XXXX. After we spoke I remembered a few questions:
    Before you said you had copies of the recall work that was performed. Can I get copies of those for my records? Also, with this being a certified used Nissan wasn't there a Nissan certified checklist that I was/am suppose to get a copy of when I purchased the vehicle? I didn't know about the checklist until just recent. I never received/was offered a copy. I would need these for my records for the vehicle. Even if the documents were emailed to me I can print them out if needed.
    I really appreciate you looking at the Juke for me on those few items that I was concerned about. They were the only items I noticed that I had questions about and wanted to make sure they got addressed and documented. I went over the car very thoroughly and am overall very happy with the purchase. ***Center section of the rear defroster still doesn't work but I guess there isn't much that can be done about this :-(
    Idle issue seems to be corrected and wiper arm was replaced.
    Thanks again, the service and communication have been outstanding :-)
    To: *********
    Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 9:37:48 AM
    Subject: NOTIFICATION OF COMPLETED VEHICLE SERVICE
    Customer No. 130407
    XXXX

81NIZZ99 GLASS/MISC.
    11NIZZ999 ELECTRICAL/MISC.
    01NIZZ999 ENGINE/MISC.

From the Service Department at: Service Advisor:
    XXXX Dealership NISSAN XXXX
    XXXX Repair Order 365008
    XXXX Tag Number R276
    (XXX) XXX-XXXX

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _

Thanks for the quick response. Glad to hear about the recalls. The salesman wasn't very specific about these and that sure is a good piece of mind knowing they were done.
    With the holidays right now I may not be able to bring the Juke down until after New years. I will be out of town and visiting for most of the holiday week. I just want to say that I really do love the car and the experience with XXXX Dealership service department has been exemplary with both responses to questions and getting right on any issues. I work sales and customer service so I know how trying dealing with the public can be at times.
    I will give you a call as soon as I know what the holiday schedule looks like so I can drop the Juke off to you. It will be the first week of January just don't know what day.
    Have a very merry Christmas and I will talk to you soon.
    Thank-you,
    XXXX

To: ********
    Cc: "XXXX"
    Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2016 10:59:41 AM
    Subject: RE: Recall conformation/few issues
    Good morning XXXX,
    I have good news on the recalls. The timing recall was performed 7/23/14 at XXXX Dealership Nissan. There are also no open recalls on the vehicle currently. I do have hard copies of these if you would like when you come in to have the other concerns addressed.
    When would you like for us to take a look at the stalling, defogger, and wipers? We can provide you with a courtesy rental vehicle to use while we are diagnosing your concerns. We can look at this whenever it is convenient to you Monday through Friday.
    Please let us know what works for you.

Happy Holidays,

XXXX
    Assistant Service Manager
    XXXX Dealership Nissan
    W: (XXX)***-**** ext. ****
    C: (XXX)***-****
    F: (XXX)***-****
    XXXX@XXXX.com
    Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2016 10:03 AM
    To: XXXX
    Subject: Recall conformation/few issues
    Good morning,
    I recently bought a 2011 Nissan Juke SL (VIN# XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX) from your dealership but never received concrete conformation about the recalls being done or the timing chain 'voluntary campaign' being performed. The salesman verbally told me that all recalls/campaigns were completed but shouldn't there be paperwork to that fact? The more I thought about it the more uneasy I am becoming not knowing for certain about the recalls/campaigns being done, especially with seeing the Juke that had caught fire on your lot when I bought mine and not knowing for certain about the timing chain. Last thing I need it the timing chain to go bad and ruin the engine, or have the Juke catch fire on me.
    I do have a few issues with the vehicle as well:
    When I come to a quick stop the car idle drops extremely low and it almost stalls. It hasn't stalled yet and the idle does return to normal after a second but, I have had one time when I put it in reverse and the car actually stalled on me.
    The rear defogger doesn't work properly. The entire center section of the rear defogger doesn't work. Only the very top and bottom of the window defogger is functional.
    There is a problem with the driver's windshield wiper. It is rubbing the beck edge of the hood severely and is actually wearing into the wiper arm and the edge of the hood. I mean a deep groove is clearly present in the blade arm and it has obviously been doing it for quite some time. I only saw it because the first time I had to use the wipers, I had to put new ones on. The condition of the wipers when I received the car was bad. They only smeared, not cleared the windshield.
    I thought this was a ' Nissan Certified Used Car'? Aren't these items that would have been noticed and fixed?

Thank-you,

XXXX
    XXX-***-****
    Last edited by CDN JUKE RS; 01-31-2017 at 08:32 PM.
    2011 Juke SL (bought used on 11/2016 w/35k+ miles)
    Gun Metal, leather w/red stitching, RF audio, Nav/rear camera, heated seats, moon/sunroof. Mods: Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , K&N air filter, window visors, top rear spoilerr, Hidden Content , headlight inserts, Hidden Content , Lock buckle covers
    More to come

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

I worked at a Lexus dealership for years and the service there towards customers was outstanding I really thought it would be like that in the industry... Every single dealership I've either worked at or been a guest of after my years at Lexus have been complete garbage! I hate stealerships
    2016 Brilliant Silver RS AWD
    -Injen intercooler piping (Candy Apple Red) Cold air intake (Candy Apple Red) Adapter pipe (Polished) 2nd Cat delete and Catback exhaust
    -Turbosmart Kompact dualport BOV
    -2J Racing Lightweight Crank pulley (Anodized Red)
    -2J Racing Engine hoses (Red/Blue) - on order
    -Saikou Michi Dual OCCs
    -Nissan OEM Interior lighting
    -Nismo pedals
    -Nismo strut caps

I have never really had a good experience with a dealership but in all honesty, this is only the 2nd car I have bought from one.

So, the manager called my office while I was out on the road (my primary contact # is my cell phone). The secretary let him know to call my cell #. He did 1/2 hour later and I was with a customer so I had to ask him to text me his contact info, which he did. I called back 1/2 hour later at 12:19 and left him a message to call me back. He never did. Guess we will let the kettle stew till it's nice and hot for tomorrow huh?

I feel that they need to redo their checklist. Not all 167 points but, they just had to set the fast idle relearn procedure last time due to a rough idle/idle drop, which means it was never done in the first place. Turns out that is item #8 on the NCPO checklist.
    Needless to say they stirred up a bees nest and I can be a real *you know what* when someone lies to me, especially with my extensive customer service background. The body damage was evident when I bought it and they did knock $1200 off for it, but that was just for the body damage.

Except for the body damage which was obvious, there are 6 points that I feel were 'overlooked'. Word of advice to anyone who is buying a NCPO vehicle or any certified pre-owned- make the salesman show you the inspection and go over it point by point before you buy it. I ,unfortunately, was not aware of this checklist and 'took their word for it'.

Here is a copy of the NCPO Checklist:

http://cpo.nissanusa.com/download/?0..._checklist.pdf
    Gun Metal, leather w/red stitching, RF audio, Nav/rear camera, heated seats, moon/sunroof. Mods: Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , K&N air filter, window visors, top rear spoilerr, Hidden Content , headlight inserts, Hidden Content , Lock buckle covers
    More to come

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

So... No phone call from them by 11am. Typed up and sent an email to nissan-usa, to Nissan-contact, and to the dealership. I got 2 calls from the dealership within 3 minutes of each other from 2 different people not 5 minutes after sending the email. First one stated they had a manager yesterday that had to go to the hospital and he had to cover for him and that's why he didn't call back. He said that he need to get my file which should have the CPO checklist but if it didn't, that we all make mistakes and they want to make sure that I an happy and will do whatever it takes to do so. he asked to give him until later this afternoon.

The 2nd call was from a different guy saying he wanted to make sure to get the car in to fix the rear defogger and that he has the CPO checklist. Hmm... Sounding more and more fishy as we go ahead with this scenario. here is the email I sent:

2011 Juke NCPO Checklist/issues
    Sent By:
    ***me*** On:Jan 01/19/17 11:24 AM
    To: nissanownerservices@nissan-usa.com; To XXXX@XXXX Dealership.com
    ( and I sent one through the Nissan contact website)
    Okay, no one has offered me the CPO checklist and I didn't hear back from you yesterday, now I feel like I am getting a complete run-around about this vehicle. You got caught flipping a vehicle without properly going over the checklist and fixing/repairing items that should have been addressed, just admit it and fix it.

This was suppose to be a Nissan Certified Per Owned vehicle but without this checklist and items taken care of the CPO title is useless. One of the main reasons I purchased this Juke from
    XXXX Dealership was that it was suppose to have been a CPO. Considering the problems that have been occurring and/or missing/damaged items it has become apparent that this 'checklist' was either never done or was just pencil whipped through. Especially since you, or anyone from your dealership has not mentioned the checklist once and I did not receive a copy. Pretty certain this is a requirement for me to sign off on before I purchased the vehicle for it to be considered a NCPO vehicle. I wasn't even made aware there was a checklist and had to research and find this information out on my own.

As far as the body damage to the vehicle, those items were apparent and because of the rims/body damage $1200 was taken off the price of the vehicle. But that was for the apparent items that needed repair/replacement. (bumper damage, mud flap missing, 2 damaged rims, lower rear fascia dented/damaged, right rear fender well trim damaged, front bumper chips/damage, scratches throughout the body).

I will go over the items per the CPO checklist and use the line item # as reference:

First off, the lock for the wheel lugs were not in the car so, I had to make a Saturday morning trip to get a new lock and lugs. (item #126)
    Then, I had the idle issue which needed the Idle air volume learn done (item #8),
    The wiper arm mechanism damage (item #140)
    And I had to replace all 3 wiper blades because they were in very poor condition. Money I should not have had to spend in addition (item #140).
    The rear defogger/defroster center grids are non-functional (item #94).
    There are 6 pits in the window from stones/debris chips (item #137).
    There is no first aid kit (item #118).
    There were no floor mats included (item #120).
    I cleaned the interior and cleaned vomit residue from the center console (item #165) and 2 stains on the headliner (item #166).
    There is an oversized worm clamp holding on a heat shield on the exhaust (item #70).

Now, these are just items I can see from a visual inspection and any technician that was following the checklist would have seen and addressed. And if these are such apparent items that should have been addressed per the CPO checklist, as far as any mechanical/electrical checks how would I even know the checks were performed? Point is, I don't know. The previous owner's Bluetooth iPad ID was even left on the stereo with her full name in her own voice.

As far as items # 133, 134, 136, 158, 160, 161, 162, 163 these are all related to body. trim, and rim damage which were visually apparent when I purchased the vehicle.

And to insult my intelligence telling me that the 3 center grids on the rear defogger/defroster were heating up when it is so obvious and apparent they are not is just the icing on the cake. All you had to do was turn on the rear defogger/defroster the next morning after I dropped it off and even a child would have been able to tell you they were not functional. It was a very heavy frost that morning. So, Monday and this morning when we had ice/frost, I can't see out my back window. BTW, your brilliant technician left his laser temp gauge on the floor in the back seat. Now why would he be checking the grids from the back seat? It is basically a hatch back and the rear defogger/defroster is barely reachable from the back seat.

To top it off, being told that there was only 2 months left on the CPO warranty when I purchased the Juke, then when I received the warranty cards in the mail, in actuality there was 1 year and 2 months left just means I was lied to from the very beginning and the lies keep coming with the rear defogger.

I have already had to come down to the dealership 3x, first time on a Saturday morning, and the other times during the week to drop off and pick up the Juke which took time from my work and actually cost me money in fuel out of my pocket as well as tolls that I would not have had to spend because of having to drive from your dealership with the rental car and being responsible for the fuel. I normally drive a company vehicle to and from work but instead had to drive the rental car. It is quite an inconvenience and my work is probably 45-50 miles one way from
    XXXX Dealership.

Obviously at this point I am extremely upset (to put it mildly) and have lost all faith and/or trust. I am not going to play the 'well, let's see what we can do games'. I am a customer service representative/salesman for my company and if I gave one of my customers this kind of run-around/'miss-spoken truths' I would fully expect them to cancel services and find another company. This, unfortunately, is not an option for me.

I bought what was suppose to be a Nissan Certified Pre Owned vehicle and I expect to get what I paid for. From Nissan's standards this means an 'almost like new' vehicle with some moderate mileage.

And I quote: "With a Nissan Certified Pre-Owned vehicle, you don’t have to wonder. Your Nissan Dealer takes the vehicle to the best mechanic they know, a Nissan-trained mechanic. Using state-of-the-art equipment and a discerning eye, each Pre-Owned Nissan gets an obsessively detailed inspection prior to earning Certified status. The result: A vehicle you can depend on for years to come."

Sounds like a bunch of Bulls*^t to me at this point. So, I have sent this email to Nissan Owner services, through the Nissan contact website and to you because it is obvious that either my dilemma isn't important to you by the lack of contact/resolution. It infuriates me that I have to take this type of direction and stance to get things done.

XXXX
    Unhappy
    XXXX Dealership customer/ so called 'NCPO' Juke owner

Last edited by CDN JUKE RS; 01-31-2017 at 08:36 PM.
    More to come

My experience with dealerships hasn't been great either, in all fairness I'm new to the Nissan world and so far Nissan is okay. My previous experience with Mazda and Honda have been very underwhelming. Neither willing to go above and beyond for the customer. Mazda seemed like they were always looking to gouge the customer for something and Honda scratched my rims while mounting tires than denied it blaming everything under the sun.
    Last edited by kev604; 01-19-2017 at 02:04 PM.
    2015 Nissan Juke SV FWD CVT Gun Metallic - Mostly Stock Build Thread Hidden Content

My brother-in-law was service lead at Mazda and quit because his manager told him to find things wrong with his customer's cars to create revenue.
    2014 Nismo RS 6MT
    Nismo cf front lip + b pillars, Nismo cool-blue mirrors, Nismo CAIw/Aux, cf Impul mirrors, inner panels, Seibon hood, Hella horns
    Homelink mirror, OEM refresh tails, DRLswitch, Rays formula lugs, 2J pulley+hoses, Injen IC kit, SM DOCCs
    Synapse DV, IRZ STB, Cusco RSB, 370Z smoke rear fog+switch, SmartStart mobile remote start
    Lightwerkz FXR Stg 1 HID projector retrofit, 3Gs Dual Pod Pillar, Aeroforce CNi102 gauges, Samco hoses
    Uninstalled: TUI catback, Cusco LAB, Impul grille

They just emailed the NCPO checklist to me. NOW it is so obvious that they either just made this up or pencil whipped through it originally. Notice my signature is not on the checklist. The Floor mats are checked...it didn't even have floor mats in the car when I bought it.

Items in pink are things that needed repair, replacement, or still need to be repaired/corrected
    Items in blue refer to all the body damage and the orange is the sunroof which wasn't even checked off (probably because from memory they couldn't remember if it had one or not).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dealership run-around-img_5451.jpg   Dealership run-around-img_5452.jpg  
    Last edited by Stunning70; 01-19-2017 at 02:02 PM.
    More to come

Why am I not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunning70 View Post
    They just emailed the NCPO checklist to me. NOW it is so obvious that they either just made this up or pencil whipped through it originally. Notice my signature is not on the checklist.
    2015 Nissan Juke SV FWD CVT Gun Metallic - Mostly Stock Build Thread Hidden Content

Seemed like every time I was there customers were being charged for something or being sold something by the service advisors.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN JUKE RS View Post
    My brother-in-law was service lead at Mazda and quit because his manager told him to find things wrong with his customer's cars to create revenue.

This is exactly why we have a motor vehicle institution council where I live. It's a legal body to represent you when dealerships are pulling shady shady buisness practices. They can give out heaven fines, suspensions and even have the stealership Shut down
    2016 Brilliant Silver RS AWD
    -Injen intercooler piping (Candy Apple Red) Cold air intake (Candy Apple Red) Adapter pipe (Polished) 2nd Cat delete and Catback exhaust
    -Turbosmart Kompact dualport BOV
    -2J Racing Lightweight Crank pulley (Anodized Red)
    -2J Racing Engine hoses (Red/Blue) - on order
    -Saikou Michi Dual OCCs
    -Nissan OEM Interior lighting
    -Nismo pedals
    -Nismo strut caps

13. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.