Dealership run-around - Page 10

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

Poll: Have I been reasonable and approached this in the proper manner?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Dealership run-around

update: The manager that I have no confidence in mysteriously came down with a sinus infection so the case has gone to a different manager who met me when I dropped off the Juke on Tuesday. That's fine with me and actually it is better off having a fresh face at this time.

The manager left me a message: The Juke is done at the body shop and yesterday they did repair to the leather in the back seat. The repair was very noticeable and he wasn't happy with it so they ordered a new leather skin for the bottom part of the back seat. He went over the problems with the detail shop and agreed that things have been missed so he made sure they were aware of the issues. After that, and the seat, they will do the NCPO checklist again (properly this time with all manager's signatures) and then a final inspection before calling me that it is ready. I will be picking it up on Saturday. *fingers crossed*

If they would have paid attention from the beginning this would have been over 2 months ago.
    2011 Juke SL (bought used on 11/2016 w/35k+ miles)
    Gun Metal, leather w/red stitching, RF audio, Nav/rear camera, heated seats, moon/sunroof. Mods: Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , K&N air filter, window visors, top rear spoilerr, Hidden Content , headlight inserts, Hidden Content , Lock buckle covers
    More to come

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Well. It should work out in your favor with all the extras getting done. Maybe not worth the frustration but at least it is getting done right. We hope.
    2014 Silver NISMO RS 2wd 240whp 260tqe
    Tint Sun Strip. Cargo Cover. DRL Switch. Zenon Headlites. Full Ultratech Racing Brace Pkg
    LED:Gator Backup Dome License SideMarker Brake. Pinstriping. Doorguards.Weathertech's
    Lighted Scuffs, Accent Lighting, Nismo Strut Caps, 80A Engine mount. Uprev Tuned. Boost gauge
    2J Pully, GTM IC pipes, Injen CAI, TS Wastegate, Injen 2ndCATdlt & 3" pipe, TS BOV, Stut Tower Brace

Quote Originally Posted by Macgyver View Post
    Well. It should work out in your favor with all the extras getting done. Maybe not worth the frustration but at least it is getting done right. We hope.
    It does appear so Mac. I have had 2 calls updating me on the progress, the asst. manager has sent me pics of the rear of the Juke to show how it turned out and even offered to bring the car to me today and drop it off (which won't work but the offer is appreciated). The frustration factor on this was pretty darn high. I can only hope that this whole situation has made the owner take a good hard look at his Nissan dealership and their practices when it comes to their NCPO vehicles because you know I am not the only one this has happen too. I am just the one person that called them out on it and they made some horrific mistakes along the way as well (claiming the defroster worked, wrong color paint and damaging my leather seats). The asst. manager even admitted that most of the items should have been resolved before I even purchased the car (but wouldn't that mean he wasn't doing his job doing checks on his employees work?)

As of right now I will be getting my Juke back tomorrow at 9am. It has taken 3 months to get this squared away and during this time it hasn't even felt like the Juke was actually mine yet (or wasn't the car I was promised it was). Now (hopefully) I can close this chapter and do the things I want to to it without feeling like it may need to be driven through their showroom window.

On a footnote- I have never stood my ground like this before when slighted with a purchase. It took a lot of effort because my nature is pretty calm and understanding but I am certainly glad I did.

Dealership run-around-bodyshop1.jpg

Replaced the bumper/rear clip, the lower fascia and they left off the badging for me. They put the badges in my glove box. Hey look, it's all the same color now...lol

Dealership run-around-bodyshop3.jpg

They also replaced the wheel well trim that was deeply gouged.
    Gun Metal, leather w/red stitching, RF audio, Nav/rear camera, heated seats, moon/sunroof. Mods: Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , K&N air filter, window visors, top rear spoilerr, Hidden Content , headlight inserts, Hidden Content , Lock buckle covers
    More to come

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

In the words of the Grateful Dead "what a long strange trip it's been". Hopefully this Saturday it will conclude to your satisfaction and your journey with this freshened Juke can begin and provide many enjoyably memorable miles, you've earned it.
    '12 Juke SL AWD '91 BMW 318is

Make sure they raise your idle to 750 - 800 rpm to diminish the problem you were having.
    Tint Sun Strip. Cargo Cover. DRL Switch. Zenon Headlites. Full Ultratech Racing Brace Pkg
    LED:Gator Backup Dome License SideMarker Brake. Pinstriping. Doorguards.Weathertech's
    Lighted Scuffs, Accent Lighting, Nismo Strut Caps, 80A Engine mount. Uprev Tuned. Boost gauge
    2J Pully, GTM IC pipes, Injen CAI, TS Wastegate, Injen 2ndCATdlt & 3" pipe, TS BOV, Stut Tower Brace

Quote Originally Posted by Macgyver View Post
    Make sure they raise your idle to 750 - 800 rpm to diminish the problem you were having.
    I don't think they really want to. Tell me if this makes any sense to you (it does to me but why not raise the idle?)......

The emailed invoice/work order:

J# 3 01NIZ ****ENGINE**** TECH(S):133 INTERNAL
    CUSTOMER STATES IDLE WILL DROP TO 490 TO 510 RPM ABOUT 1 OUT 7 STOPS AFTER THE ENGINE IS WARMED UP. CUSTOMER REQUESTS IDLE TO BE TURNED UP IF CONDITION CAN NOT BE DUPLICATED.
    MASTER TECHNICIAN AND XXXXX XXXXXXXXXX VERIFIED IDLE DROP AS NORMAL OPPERATION OF TURBO/INTAKE SYSTEM
    CLEANED OUT INTAKE, INSTALLED FACTORY FILTER, REPROGRAMED LEARNED IDLE AND VEHICLE RAN SLIGHTLY BETTER. SPOKE WITH CUSTOMER AND INFORMED OF NORMAL OPPERATION FINDINGS
    REINSTALLED K&N FILTER AND PROVIDED CUSTOMER WITH FACTOY REPLACEMENT.
    DROP MOST LIKELY CAUSED BY TURBO INDUCED VACUUM AT BOTTOM OF DECCELERATION.

* I edited it and censored a name I accidentally included
    Last edited by Stunning70; 02-17-2017 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Had to delete a name
    More to come

My 2012 did the same thing and it was annoying. It is not beyond factory spec to run the idle a little higher.

Quote Originally Posted by dude59 View Post
    In the words of the Grateful Dead "what a long strange trip it's been". Hopefully this Saturday it will conclude to your satisfaction and your journey with this freshened Juke can begin and provide many enjoyably memorable miles, you've earned it.
    Thanks Dude59
    More to come

Well, time to finish off this long ordeal. I am glad that my expectations were low when I picked her up this morning. First thing I noticed was dry wax all over the rocker panels, white stuff/wax on my rear spoiler and was told they didn't touch the rims because he didn't know if I wanted them repaired (was told by the head honcho that they would be fixed).

Wax in every crack and panel line, additional scratches where there were none and the mark/mar above the door was still there. Interior had a black soot/residue on the dash board and I can tell you that the interior was not detailed because of the armor-all that stopped at the bottom of the passenger side pillar with the tweeter in it (has been that way since I got it) and was never re-detailed up the pillar. I had to clay bar the car myself to remove contaminants and some overspray that was still on the Juke. Pathetic to say the least. Turns out the Asst. Manager I was dealing with is married to a daughter of the owner and the service manager has been doing this for 40 years and is burned out. Just excuses, excuses, and more excuses.

Bumper/rear clip looks good and the body shop did a nice job but, the body shop is the only department that has any pride in what they do or has any of my gratitude for fixing what the dealership messed up.

Needless to say their quality of work, supervision skills are far below what I would expect from the countries 7th largest dealership and their 'words' are meaningless and empty. They 'did their best' and let's just say I would trust high school kids on a Sunday afternoon having a car wash to raise money to take more pride in what they do then this dealership.

At least the bumper, wheel well trim and rear fascia are repaired and I don't have to do it myself but...ugh...lol. You just have to laugh

The 'soot' on the dash...
    Dealership run-around-img_5537.jpg

The wax around the fuel door (example of all the panel lines with the wax)
    Dealership run-around-img_5539.jpg

The 'whatever' all over my spoiler
    Dealership run-around-img_5540.jpgDealership run-around-img_5542.jpg
    More to come

Quote Originally Posted by Stunning70 View Post
    You just have to laugh
    A resilient sense of humor can save the day.

Fortunately you can address the detailing issues to your satisfaction at home. I agree, this dealer's commitment to quality workmanship is deficient. I will save they did attempt to satisfy you, the customer but unfortunately came up a bit short.

As for the wheels they should have been fixed as the head honcho said they would be. At this point I'd likely just drive off their lot this last time with and move on. You could simply mount some snow tires on the OEM rims and get a nice set of wheels and rubber for summer. Then again there's that whole TPMS sensor thing, which is a whole other story for another time.

For now go on and enjoy detailing and driving your Juke...
    Last edited by dude59; 02-18-2017 at 08:58 PM.
    '12 Juke SL AWD '91 BMW 318is

13. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.