Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

2015 Safety Shield and Nismo

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  bruddahmanmatt 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if the Juke's "Safety Shield" includes the Forward Collision, Blind-Spot, or Lane Departure warning features that other 2015 Nissans have? There are several old articles from its debut at the Geneva Motor Show in March that mention it having them, but they are not listed on the Juke page of Nissan's site. The Juke page seems to have some inaccurate information, for example describing the touchscreen as both 5" and 5.8", so I'm hoping that these were just left off of the feature listing. Since it has the around-view cameras/sensors, it seems like it would have the other features that use them.

Unfortunately dealers around here don't seem to know anything about the 2015, despite having a few on their lots. The only 2015's at the lot I visited either didn't have the package that included around-view, or weren't ready to be test-driven (not chipped and whatever else they do) and they wouldn't even open the doors to let me look inside.

Basically I'm trying to determine if it's worth going for the 2015 Juke over 2014. I checked out around-view in a Murano while parked and it wasn't super impressive. But it might be worth having while moving, with the lights and beeps to help avoid an accident.

Similarly, I can't seem to find much information on what if any differences there are for the Nismo (not RS) between 2015 and 2014. Dealers around here haven't received any yet, so I can't check them out first-hand. I read somewhere that the paddle-shifters were included in the non-RS Nismo now. And of course it has the exterior styling changes all Jukes received. But is there anything else?

See less See more
#2 ·
You seem to hit all of the bullet points.

Features are different for every country, but I also seen them listed as available features.

Dealers have no idea about the juke, they treat it like the ugly stepchild.

The only thing that scares me about the new juke is the DIG 2.0 engine redesign they were talking about in one of the videos floating around. I don't do first year anything when it comes to cars.

#3 ·
You can easily spot a Juke with around-view monitor by checking the underside of the side mirrors, check for a small dome. The main difference between the 2014 and 2015 Nismo is that Nissan decided to stick the standard 188HP for its powertrain. Paddle shifters are available for Nismo and Nismo RS for the CVT models, but imo, i'd pick the 2014's 197HP engine over the 2015's paddle shifters lol

This post has been deleted
#4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the responses RayDelien and AmphiDIG. I like the exterior design changes for 2015, but the "Safety Shield" is mostly what has me on the fence between 2014 and '15. If it doesn't include the same features the other 2015 Nissan models have (Forward Collision, Blind-Spot, and Lane Departure), then it's just an extra 3 cameras and not really worth having in my opinion. Especially considering the loss in HP and new engine design like you guys said. It's unfortunate that there isn't better (consistent) information out there about the new Nismo yet. I thought there might be other improvements/fixes between model years. Maybe some detailed user reviews will start popping up as more people buy them.

#5 ·
BSW, and LDW are not available on the USDM '15 JUKEs but MOD is bundled with the AVM so you do get that feature. FWIW, FCW isn't build around the AVM, it uses a system which shoots radar from the front bumper and is only available (for the time being) on the T32 Rogue and the upcoming Z52 Murano which will also include FEB.

Acronym soup...ack!

BSW - Blind Spot Warning
LDW - Lane Departure Warning
AVM - Around View Monitor
MOD - Moving Object Detection
FCW - Forward Collision Warning
FEB - Forward Emergency Braking

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.