Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

2013 Nissian Juke SL AWD will not start-Towing to Nissian dealership

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  NISMO IX 
#1 ·
Had this Juke almost a year to the month, and was out of town last night having dinner with family. I backed it into a parking slot, and turned it off while still in reverse. Got out of the car, hit the I-key to lock, and went in restruant to eat. Came back out after dinner, and the head lights and driving lights were in a weird light mode. Had to use the hidden key to unlock doors, saw that I had it in reverse, not park, put my foot on brake, put it in park (without it running), and never could get the car to start. Called family for a ride home. Going back today to have towed to Nissian dealership. WTH! Lights inside seemed to work fine. Not sure what is going on. Will post update after I see what the stealership has to say.

#2 ·
Sounds like the electrical had gotten tricked into thinking you were still running and drained the battery. Lights could still work but not enough to turn the starter/flywheel. I am actual interested as to how you make out. It would be good for Juke owners to know if they do that same thing what the consequences would be. Sorry you Juke would not start.

#6 ·
Update from the dealership- They called my wife and said the battery was run down. Have been charging it (slow charging) for 4 hours. So, apparently if you happen to get in a hurry, and you're on flat ground, like I was, in a parking lot, and leave the car in reverse, and the head lights are on the auto mode,the lights will not go off, I guess they stay on til your battery is too low to start the car. Lesson learn.

#8 ·
Update on Juke, Dealership just called, said after charging battery, starting earlier today, then setting car outside all day to see if it will start when setting outside in cooler temperatures, it won't start for them. The car has 13,000 miles on it, bought it this time, last year.
Will update when they find fault! Lol!

#10 ·
That happens from time to time. Ask them to check if the new fuel sensor recall applied to your vehicle if not have them check the fuel relay we ran into one that would start after 6 hourshere at my dealer.

#11 ·
If there was a problem with the battery or charging system then leaving it for a time was probably the last straw, if it takes anything other than a slow charge to fix it then it is likely it would have happened at some point regardless of the circumstances.

My fear is that the techs are going to go off looking for zebras because of the way this presented itself.

#12 ·
Juke update- went down to dealership & picked up Juke. Apparently they got the battery to fully charge. There was no charge. I guess I would say, I'll now double check myself when driving the wife's car & make sure I put in park, before pushing start/stop button to turn car off. I've never had this problem before, cause all the other vehicles I drive have a place to put a real key in an ignition. If I happen to get in a hurry, & turn my vehicles off in drive, reverse, anything but park, I can't get the key out of the ignition.

#13 ·
I thought that is what it might be. Glad to see you got your car back. Yeah the no key thing is a little to get used to. I was reaching for mine the whole first month I had it. I would think it would start beeping and yelling at you if everything was not where it should be.

#14 ·
Not to bring an old Thread back from the dead but I just accidentally left my Juke in drive and pushed the button to shut it off. My car beeped rapidly and loudly while a warning light appeared on my dash that indicated that I needed to shift it into park. This is just an FYI for anyone who is curious as to what would happen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.