Ticking sound (FIXED)
NEWS

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ticking sound (FIXED)

Ticking sound (FIXED)

This is the best day ever!

Ok, so i had this ticking noise near the front side pillar (passenger side) for months now. I've been reading over past threads about this issue, most say it was the cowl, some say it was the dashboard, but still had no luck after looking over these areas...

I tried everrything from driving with the wipers up, removing the glove box area, made sure all wires were properly cushioned, driving without the pillars, driving with a small amount of weight over the cowl, added velcro tape between spaces which silenced MOST vibrating sounds all over the car, but none of these solved the ticking issue... until today that is =]

I will post the pictures up later when the temp outside gets cooler (I live somewhere in the desert -_- ) but pretty much it was the metal part of the car near the windshield area that was creating the ticking noise.

Stay tuned (stupid heat)

UPDATE: Well here it is, i hope this helps out.

-I know there was a service bulletin that came out for this issue, but i'm 100% sure it is not the cowl (for my issue), there is already a felt tape placed in that area (My juke is 2012). My juke already visited the dealer "TWICE" for the ticking noise, and both visits was a fail... so i decided to do it myself.

-This procedure requires you to bend some areas, but nothing too damaging. (Trust me it's WORTH IT), even right now i still don't know how this procedure removed the noise, but it did.

1. This is the metal i'm talking about (Layered metal, they are probably hitting each other)

2. Using a flathead screw driver, insert it between the gaps and pull down (Just enough to separate).

3. The other hidden metal on metal in this area.

4. Behind the rubber tube is another section to bend.

There you go folks, that is how i solved "My" ticking problem. If you are still having a problem with this, and you already tried the cowl/felttape fix, try this out... this worked for me, and it feels good finally getting rid of that ******* annoying sound =]

UPDATE2: Drove the car through paved/unpaved road, small/big bumps, hot/cool temp, tight turns, and still no ticking sound.
    I actually enjoy turning off the speakers now =]
    Last edited by franco_mad; 08-30-2012 at 12:43 AM.
    2012 JUKE SV FWD
    METALIC BRONZE

Mods (In order): RBP Pedals, LED Interior/Exterior Lights, Silverstar Ultra HL, Carbon Fiber Wrapped Interior, Blue LED Strip Cargo Area, Injen SRI, OEM Interior Accent Lighting, Stillen Axle Back, Stillen Mid Pipe, OEM Side Wind Deflectors, OEM All Weather Mats, GTM IC Pipes (Black), Prosport EVO Boost Gauge RED/BLUE, ECU Cover, Hood LED, Second Cat Delete, Stebel Horn, Grimmspeed MBC 16 PSI Boosted. Turbosmart Dual Port (100% Recirc.,) 2J Lightweight Pulley.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

There's a service bulletin on this. Some of us just took the car in and had a dealer do it. Congrats though. looking forward to pics

Quote Originally Posted by franco_mad View Post
    This is the best day ever!

Ok, so i had this ticking noise near the front side pillar (passenger side) for months now. I've been reading over past threads about this issue, most say it was the cowl, some say it was the dashboard, but still had no luck after looking over these areas...

I tried everrything from driving with the wipers up, removing the glove box area, made sure all wires were properly cushioned, driving without the pillars, driving with a small amount of weight over the cowl, added velcro tape between spaces which silenced MOST vibrating sounds all over the car, but none of these solved the ticking issue... until today that is =]

I will post the pictures up later when the temp outside gets cooler (I live somewhere in the desert -_- ) but pretty much it was the metal part of the car near the windshield area that was creating the ticking noise.

Stay tuned (stupid heat)

Congrats on the fix....Please share!....I can't wait to see pictures of the metal part you are referring to.

Like "52isntbigenough" said, there was a TSB (NTB 11033) that had ticking issues where the plastic cowl strip was rubbing against the windshield. The dealer used 4 felt strips to remedy the situation. Not sure if it completely worked for everyone.
    2011 Nissan Juke SL AWD CVT
    Cayenne Red
    2012 Nissan Juke SV AWD CVT

Electric Blue
    Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
    TAKE THE COLOR POLL

I have a feeling I'm going to need a little more than 4 felt strips to stop the creeking now.

Quote Originally Posted by 52isntbigenough View Post
    I have a feeling I'm going to need a little more than 4 felt strips to stop the creeking now.

Something its missing here... Normally when I see a cat in you're state there I'd a large amount of illicit narcotics behind the dash...

Sent from AutoGuide.Com Android App.
    Current Ride: 2012 Juke SL AWD in Metallic Bronze with the black and red leather seats.
    Current Mods: LED replacements front to back, K-Powered IC Hardpipes, rear muffler delete.

Poor dashboard sitting there all vulnerable waiting for an accidental steel toed boot.

I call 2 cans of Great Stuff expanding foam to solve the creaks, squeaks, moans, groans and drafts.
    Cayenne Red

Electric Blue
    TAKE THE COLOR POLL

Quote Originally Posted by msagustin View Post
    Poor dashboard sitting there all vulnerable waiting for an accidental steel toed boot.

I call 2 cans of Great Stuff expanding foam to solve the creaks, squeaks, moans, groans and drafts.
    I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully title help stiffen the flimsy plastic on the door armrest as well
    Upgrades/Mods:
    Injen SRI
    Injen 3" Catback Exhaust
    Kiwi bluetooth OBDII adapter connected to Torque

Plans: IC Hardpipes, DV+Chargepipe upgrade, GTM Rebuilt turbo (tentative on info release), Injen Downpipe, 2nd Cat delete, Upgraded fuel system, Nav console replacement with Android tablet, Wheels/rims, HID lights, Fog lights, LED light replacement, Intercooler, Stainless steel brake lines

Sorry for the long wait, i decided to celebrate by cleaning the car lol, but here it is. =]
    2012 JUKE SV FWD
    METALIC BRONZE

Mods (In order): RBP Pedals, LED Interior/Exterior Lights, Silverstar Ultra HL, Carbon Fiber Wrapped Interior, Blue LED Strip Cargo Area, Injen SRI, OEM Interior Accent Lighting, Stillen Axle Back, Stillen Mid Pipe, OEM Side Wind Deflectors, OEM All Weather Mats, GTM IC Pipes (Black), Prosport EVO Boost Gauge RED/BLUE, ECU Cover, Hood LED, Second Cat Delete, Stebel Horn, Grimmspeed MBC 16 PSI Boosted. Turbosmart Dual Port (100% Recirc.,) 2J Lightweight Pulley.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalhimar View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully title help stiffen the flimsy plastic on the door armrest as well
    I was kidding about that, the great stuff should be called great mess if used incorrectly. It would silence lots of things but at the same time expand things that weren't meant to expand and get everything encased in sticky gunk.
    Cayenne Red

Electric Blue
    TAKE THE COLOR POLL

Quote Originally Posted by franco_mad View Post
    Sorry for the long wait, i decided to celebrate by cleaning the car lol, but here it is. =]
    Wow...second person that got the Juke into "Invisible Cloak" mode. You cleaned it up so good you erased it.
    ...Maybe another post or two to your post count and you can post a picture.
    Cayenne Red

Electric Blue
    TAKE THE COLOR POLL

12. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.