Trouble starting my Juke in the AM
NEWS

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trouble starting my Juke in the AM

Unhappy Trouble starting my Juke in the AM

I have had my 2012 Juke only for a month and 1/2. Every once in a while I am having problems starting it. It is at the dealer but they said it did not do it for them. It only happens sporatically and only in the Am...Can anyone help?? I do not have the key fob, I use a key. I hate to think I have a lemon, I love my Juke.
    Last edited by Holly; 03-05-2012 at 01:18 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Fuel containing water and freeze up when its cold in the morning?

Perhaps some gas line anti freeze would help.

If you live in a cold area, be sure to use synthetic oil. It is much thinner at lower temperatures and thus the engine turns over much more easily.

Quote Originally Posted by pgrudin View Post
    If you live in a cold area, be sure to use synthetic oil. It is much thinner at lower temperatures and thus the engine turns over much more easily.
    No. An oil's weight tells you, rather precisely, how thin or thick an oil is. So 5w-30 is thinner than 10w-30. And a new car shouldn't have difficulty turning the engine over with any oil. Well, one old race engine I used in a street car ran straight 50 weight - which is kind of thick. . . My guess is that the engine is turning over at a decent rate, it's just not "catching."

Synthetic or not is generally thought to be a measure of quality, and the oil manufacturer has the ability to give synthetic oils certain abilities. And synthetic lasts longer, so you can do less frequent oil changes. But then, most synthetic oil users change their oil at much more frequent intervals, such as the 3,750 miles number that Nissan proposes. Which I will do for my first change, then go to a much more reasonable 7,000 mile interval. I haven't decided on synthetic or not, yet. The turbo kind of suggests it. . .

And on the gas dry - if you use gasahol, you already have gas drier in the fuel, and extra won't help you. If you are lucky enough to live where they don't force gasahol, it would be my first option, too.

It is unlikely to be electrical, as the car should have "thrown a code" that the dealer would see, if so.

Chris
    Last edited by MCoupe; 03-05-2012 at 05:42 PM.

I experience this periodically in my 2011 SL/AWD. I believe I have tracked the cause. Since there are three cars at the house and the drive is only a single car wide, occasionally, I have to juggle cars. If I start my Juke from cold, back out of the driveway, and park on the street (maybe a 30-40 second operation) and then shut down, the next morning, the Juke is hard to start. I believe the cause is vapor lock, caused by the engine not getting the time the night before to warm to running temperature on the short juggle.

I just got my 2012 SL AWD last Friday, and have had a couple times of strange starting: Once where it started but almost died when I threw it into drive and touched the gas, and once when the tach bobbled around in a crazy way like it wanted to quit, then did straighten out.

No clear cause for me, but posting to share and follow the conversation. I use premium gas and have only filled about 1/2 tank so far.

I am a huge fan of seafoam gas treatment and it's the only one my Nissan dealer has recommended. If you think you may have some water in the gas, I wouldn't hesitate to use that as it's supposed to be mild and ok according to all parties in the support & repair world. Interested in other's opinions on that as well.

I am having the problem with key-less in hot weather, or it just seems to be getting worse. Dealer said not aware anyone is having similar problems. Car is not turning over, once it does no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    I have had my 2012 Juke only for a month and 1/2. Every once in a while I am having problems starting it. It is at the dealer but they said it did not do it for them. It only happens sporatically and only in the Am...Can anyone help?? I do not have the key fob, I use a key. I hate to think I have a lemon, I love my Juke.
    BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    Ok it does not start or turn over or what? You need to be more specific on what isn't happening.I could say the engine is missing in my Chevelle and someone says give it a tune up. My engine is really missing as in removed from the car.

Quote Originally Posted by thatchman1 View Post
    I just got my 2012 SL AWD last Friday, and have had a couple times of strange starting: Once where it started but almost died when I threw it into drive and touched the gas, and once when the tach bobbled around in a crazy way like it wanted to quit, then did straighten out.

No clear cause for me, but posting to share and follow the conversation. I use premium gas and have only filled about 1/2 tank so far.

I am a huge fan of seafoam gas treatment and it's the only one my Nissan dealer has recommended. If you think you may have some water in the gas, I wouldn't hesitate to use that as it's supposed to be mild and ok according to all parties in the support & repair world. Interested in other's opinions on that as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtryhane View Post
    I am having the problem with key-less in hot weather, or it just seems to be getting worse. Dealer said not aware anyone is having similar problems. Car is not turning over, once it does no problem.
    I had this problem with my Juke. See my thread in the Engine section title Juke Sputters...Long story short. No dealer had ever seen this problem. Nissan No America could not figure it out either. They replaced my car. My story is documented in my thread. Feel free to PM me for more information.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.