Car wash broke my antenna completely off.
NEWS

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Car wash broke my antenna completely off.

Car wash broke my antenna completely off.

Went through the automatic car wash the other day and heard a really loud pop and just figured it was the car wash flaps hitting my car weird. Turns out it completely broke off the antenna on the top of the car and cracked the base it screws into. Going back to let them know. Doubt they will do anything about it. Just wanted others to know that this can happen.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Those things scratch the heck out of your paint too. I never take any of my vehicles into those type of car washes. Touch free only.

That sux.. I was thinking the same yesterday. We have a really nice wash down the road that is a 'touch-type' wash.. When I look at the antenna I cringe as I am convinced it will take it right off - especially in the Canadian cold that is coming. If this happens to more of us, I would say it is a design flaw on Nissan's part. Knowing that there are many touch-based car washes out there, and yes, people do wash their cars when its -10C out there.. A flexible base would have been ideal.

I believe the manual says to remove the antenna if you ever go thru those types of car washes. I really recommend going to one of those Delta-Sonic Touchless car washes if you have them.

Yet another thing a Juke can't do. Or another thing you have to pay for that other cars have standard.

...I go through washes all the time, touch and touchless, I use the brush in the DIY car-wash stations and amazingly my paint still doesn't have scratchs or knicks in it, and I have an antenna installed that doesn't flex and it's still on there. I think you just got a bad run through and while it sucks those washes always say "not responsible for items damaged during wash" so it's a "at your own risk" situation everytime.

On all of those car washes that aren't "touch free," there is a warning and disclaimer that reads (to paraphrase): "Remove your antenna before entering car wash - not responsible for damage." I don't use those things, but when I have in the past, I took my antenna off before going in. It is no "design flaw" with Nissan.
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science." - Edwin Hubble

9. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.