Dead Pedal
NEWS

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dead Pedal

Dead Pedal

Hey, jukey ppl.

One thing I miss from my Honda Fit was the custom Dead Pedal.
    07-08 Honda Fit Driver's Dead Pedal

It is made of very heavy duty metal, and requires no screws - it bolts onto existing bolt points.

I did contact the above company, but they indicated that they didn't believe demand to be sufficient to offer such a product for the Juke.

I know some of ya'll have done one thing or another with pedals, but I really don't want to permanently alter the Juke.

I love the look of http://www.amazon.com/Sparco-03780AR.../dp/B001SIFPR6 but it looks to require screws. I don't even know what kind of screws to purchase to fasten such.

Any ideas for me?
    2011 Juke SV FWD CVT, Sapphire Black, Red/Black Interior

Mods/Options: Technology package, LED interior dome lights (iJDMToy.com), Tinted windows, Spoiler, Interior Accent Lighting, Cargo Cover, JDM Armrest

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Don't we already have one? I'm fine with the stock one. I don't know how it can be made any better, unless they make it bigger, but there's no room for that unless you put it closer to the brake which I don't want, or bring it closer to the seat, which is too close.

I plan to use some self-stick heavy duty rubber tread, like you can put on stairs. You can get a strip for a few bucks and cut it to fit. Agreed what is stock in the Juke is inadequate, and I would worry long-term of shredding the floor carpet. In my current car there is a very small piece of plastic over only the bottom part of the foot nook (and it barely fits my size 9 women's shoe, so no idea how a man's foot would fit!), and the carpet around it is worn after 6 years.

dead pedal / footrest help

Self-Adhesive Rubber Safety Step Tread
    ~ 2012 Electric Blue SV AWD Juke with black cloth & silver interior ~
    additions: spoiler, mud guards, UK armrest,
    K&N filter, Ventureshield paint protection film, fog lights, auto dimming Homelink mirror, exhaust finisher, cargo cover, bumper protector, mesh grill kit, deadpedal rubber tread cover

Shortbus, see this thread here:

dead pedal / footrest help

It too bothered me that there was nothing there, and I really liked the dead pedal that my last car (Honda Fit) had, so I ordered the actual part from a Honda dealer (it was around $4) and after popping off some pins and cutting off 2 posts, I used industrial grade velcro (I remember reading that Kunari did this in another thread, thanks Kunari!) and stuck it in place. Hasn't moved at all!

Looks almost factory, and it's the right size and color...you can see a pic in my garage if you'd like...

I posted the above in that thread about 6 months ago, and I can still say that the footrest hasn't moved - again, see the pic in my garage - super easy to install!

Here's the link for the actual footrest from Honda:
    Find Honda Parts and Honda Accessories by Car Model - Bernardi Honda Parts and Accessories

Hope that helps!
    2011 Juke SV 6spd Sapphire Black/Black Interior w/Silver Trim

Thanks, ya'll.

I'm liking the Ultimate Pedals mentioned, paying a local mechanic to install.
    2011 Juke SV FWD CVT, Sapphire Black, Red/Black Interior

Mods/Options: Technology package, LED interior dome lights (iJDMToy.com), Tinted windows, Spoiler, Interior Accent Lighting, Cargo Cover, JDM Armrest

7. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.