Loose hood anyone?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Loose hood anyone?

Loose hood anyone? UPDATE

The hood on my Juke seems to move an awful lot when driving. Had the dealer adjust and still moves around. Anyone else with this issue? Can't tell whether it is just too thin of metal or not enough supports to keep it from moving.
    Last edited by Still Tickin; 10-07-2011 at 07:46 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Ours seems to move a fair amount, but only on the sides near the marker lights. The front latch is as tight as can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Outshined View Post
    Ours seems to move a fair amount, but only on the sides near the marker lights. The front latch is as tight as can be.
    This. same here. It's just a thin hood and you sit up a bit high so it's noticable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    This. same here. It's just a thin hood and you sit up a bit high so it's noticable.
    Thanks for the ditto Wishbone, glad to hear it's relatively "normal."

By chance, does anyone know if the hood is aluminum?

Our salesman scolded me for attempting to softly close the hood until it was latched, claiming that the aluminum hood must be "drop closed" to avoid permanent warping. If this is in the owner's manual, I sent my apologies for the oversight (have only skimmed through twice).

Yes I noticed this as well, at the back. front seems tight. and it does feel alittle heavy for aluminum, sounds like steel when I close it. drop close usually but I would push it if it didnt close, not a big deal.
    2011 Chrome Silver SL FWD. Sport Package

Thanks, friends, I know I'm not the only one with this annoyance. I know the hood isn't going anywhere but I have a black one and it is really noticeable. I am going to make repeat visits to the dealer (car) and keep bringing it to their attention to see what happens. Maybe Nissan engineering will come up with something besides the fine and fun ride this already is! May even send Nissan a video of it "in action" and see what they say. I'll keep posted on the happenings.

I just noticed mine was doing the same thing last night. It's going in because the fuel door broke, so I'll have them look at that too.

Mine didn't wriggle at all. Nice and solid all the way up to 75. Doesn't move over rough road either.

Maybe I should turn the radio off and listen next time.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.