Juke S vs SV and SL
NEWS

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Juke S vs SV and SL

Question Juke S vs SV and SL

I know the S model doesnt have all the bells and whistles like the other models such as nav, sunroof, and other stuff like that but i wanna know how the S performs compared the the SV and SL which have the D-mode interface to change the performance and the S that does not?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

I only test drove an S and an SL.

I enjoyed the S when I drove it, but you really get the bang for your buck by going up to the higher models. Depending on who you talk to, the ICON may or may not be worth it. Some love it, some are indifferent. I think the interior is much nicer with the ICON system in place, but is it worth it to move up just to get it, I don't know.

There are things I felt were worth moving out of the S model though. I liked the feel of the leather vs the cloth, I liked the look with the fog lights, backup camera, etc. I wanted the red interior trim, I wanted the XM radio. I didn't go looking for a sunroof, but the fact that it is standard on SV and SL models was a nice touch.

Summary: If you want a Juke and you are on a budget, there is nothing wrong with the S. But if you have some extra dough to throw on the car, you get alot of extras available to you if you can move up a trim level or two.

I have an S awd.

I didn't want leather, I didn't want sat nav, all the displays on the I-CON are useless while driving, and foglights are cheaper aftermarket. Other than that it's a Juke in normal mode.
    I do wish it had the option for a sunroof, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me.
    All in all I'm glad I saved the money.
    I drive a little red frog.

I have an SV AWD and was happy to move up for the ICON system. I happen to like it alot and do use it to switch driving modes depending on the situation i'm in....for example i switch to ECO when i hit traffic and sometimes before an on ramp i hit sport for that extra boost. I do notice the difference and appreciate the tech that allows you to do this. I also like the climate control feature that it switches to. SV has most of what the SL does, but no leather or heated seats/mirrors and no fog lights. Fogs are a cheap upgrade after the fact though. Go for what you want and can afford, you can't later upgrade to the ICON so keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by TMD78 View Post
    SV has most of what the SL does, but no leather or heated seats/mirrors and no fog lights.
    Did we finally get a verification that the SL has heated mirrors in the US? Last time I read, the US got the shaft with the heated mirrors option.

Tests have shown that sport mode is actually slower than normal mode.
    It just gives things a more sporty feeling by adjusting steering etc. and throwing in the imitated shifts on the CVT.
    I drive a little red frog.

I have an AWD S and love it. The only real item that interested me that the S does not have was the different mode selections . However, after reading a number of posts "eco" vs "normal" modes does not appear to make a big difference in gas mileage.

I did not want a sunroof (leaks and I put racks on my Juke), leather seats (2 dogs are my main passengers), auto climate control (I live in Sf where it pretty much stays between 60-80 degrees) or a stock navigation system. My last vehicle was a Nissan Crew Cab 4X4 so I laugh at anyone who thinks they need a rear view camera on the Juke. As stated earlier the I-CON system is great to look at but but that's about it.

Having said that the bells and whistles are nice but definitely not needed. I'd take an S model over the SL or SV and use the money you save to buy some needed aftermarket items that are currently unavailable on any of the models, such as an armrest, CIA, & aftermarket navi and stereo systems

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Tests have shown that sport mode is actually slower than normal mode.
    It just gives things a more sporty feeling by adjusting steering etc. and throwing in the imitated shifts on the CVT.
    Well, let me go ahead and completely dispel that nonsense.

The throttle response in sport mode is, without any question at all, much better than in normal mode.

Come on down and let me take you out in my 6MT and show you the difference. It's not "night and day", but it's easily recognized.

Quote Originally Posted by TravisB View Post
    Did we finally get a verification that the SL has heated mirrors in the US? Last time I read, the US got the shaft with the heated mirrors option.
    You are prob right they're not there, I'm not sure just thought they were on the SL but I have an SV.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Well, let me go ahead and completely dispel that nonsense.

The throttle response in sport mode is, without any question at all, much better than in normal mode.

Come on down and let me take you out in my 6MT and show you the difference. It's not "night and day", but it's easily recognized.
    I agree, theirs no question at all about the Sport mode unleashing the power. Even my wife noticed w/ a "whoa!" when she tried it. Now she likes to stay in "Normal" because the "Sport" intimidates her a bit!

As for which model to buy, its simple; go for the most you can reasonably afford.
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...11/juke2-1.jpg

2011 Juke SL
    Gun Metallic, Sport Package, Auto, AWD

12. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.