WARNING!! To Juke owners and potential owners
NEWS

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WARNING!! To Juke owners and potential owners

WARNING!! To Juke owners and potential owners

My husband bought a Juke this past November. Long story short, a couple weeks ago he was ran off the road by some idiot. Did about 1200 in damage. Broke the axle and a couple other related parts. Nothing huge. Never expect something like that to actually happen but it can and does... regardless...

NISSAN has no parts available for the Juke. I get that it is a new production vehicle. I understand that we can't just go to autozone for parts. After two weeks of giving our insurance company hell, they are expediting the parts. We should have them by MARCH! That is with expediting the factory to make the parts. In the mean time, his Juke sits at the shop.

Nissan has been very unapologetic and unhelpful. Had we known that this was even a possibility, we would have never handed over 20+ grand in cash for the car. They promised a car rental since the parts were not available. We waited for two weeks and still nothing. Today they tell us that instead of the rental they are giving us the expedited parts. HA!

Its all a bunch of BS. Hope it doesn't happen to you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Hmm - that's been a concern of mine too has been parts. Couple your issue with the 'slow' shipping of the vehicle to dealerships (and people that ordered them) I continue to consider waiting until the 2012 Juke comes out.

That sucks.

You need a better insurance company.
    Rental car should be covered.
    I drive a little red frog.

Buying a car in its first model year is not for the feint of heart. You need to know the risks going in.

As far as a rental is concerned for an accident I have this coverage through my insurance so I'm not worried about that. I've already been through that 3 times with accidents my daughters had.
    2011 Cayenne Red SV AWD - (Navi, splash guards, UK Arm rest, BU Camera)
    : 25+MPG City 30MPG Highway / Dino Oil
    : No Lights, Engine or Exhaust Mods

Also, I'm not surprised that parts are hard to come by. Nissan is selling 10 times more Jukes than they anticipated.
    No company could keep up with that.
    I drive a little red frog.

Regardless of the rental. That is besides the point. We have a second vehicle to use. Just a pain in the *** dealing with one less car. It is a matter of principle. They promised one until they realized how long they would have to pay for it.

My point is rental or not, you have the risk of being without your Juke for many months if (God forbid) anything happens. You may not think that is a problem. Just thought I would warn the rest of us that do.

If you keep producing cars and not the parts to FIX those cars, something is wrong. One would expect a long wait for some rare part. Not an axle. Nissan is spending all its resources producing new cars. They don't give a rats *** about you once they have your money. We saw that first hand.

My .02 cents.

It's not just the Juke Nissan is having trouble filling demand:
    "After doing its best to lower expectations among those with Leaf pre-orders, Nissan is now doing all it can to ramp up production of the things. Just 3,000 cars total have been produced since October at the company's factory outside of Tokyo, but by the end of March Nissan pledges to be pumping out that many each and every month. In 2012 a plant in Tennessee will come online and, in 2013, another new plant, this one in Sunderland, England. That means that if the company is going to meet its pledge of 25,000 Leafs (Leaves?) on the roads by the end of 2012 almost all will have to come from Japan -- probably on one or more boats." - engadget.com

Sorry to say... this won't make you feel any better but its a reality check thats what you should expect when buying a "first year" car within the first 6 months of its release along with ringing out of all the other hopefully minor problems that WILL occurr within the first year..its the price we pay for having to have it first!!
    SL MT FWD: GunMetallic

Mods: EcuTek Stage 2 with 16/18/20psi Boost Select / Turboback (GTM 2.5" DownPipe, Injen 3" Catback & Testpipe) / Clutch Masters FX300 / Forge Intercooler Kit / Injen CAI / Synapse DV & Charge Pipe / Saikou Michi Dual OCC's (PCV & Intake) / WB AFR & Boost Gauges / Eibach Springs / IRZ Strut Bar / Wheels (225/50-18x8+35) / Spoiler / Racing Pedals / All LEDs / Nismo Gators

Performance Goal: 235whp (wheels) / 270hp (engine) / 250tq

More Pics...

Quote Originally Posted by ZacMan527 View Post
    As far as a rental is concerned for an accident I have this coverage through my insurance so I'm not worried about that. I've already been through that 3 times with accidents my daughters had.
    Those policies usually cap out at 30 days though...March is a long wait.

I'm glad that nobody was hurt and that your Juke wasn't totaled. It's a pain waiting so long, I know. Why can't the dealer just give you a nice used car off the lot rather than a rental, or when the rental time limit is exceeded?

12. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.