Icon Button Brightness Adjustment
NEWS
 

  1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

    Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Icon Button Brightness Adjustment

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    33

    Icon Button Brightness Adjustment

    Is there any way to adjust the brightness of the Icon buttons (climate and drive modes) when you are driving with the lights on during the day? Under these conditions, I have a lot of trouble seeing the buttons because the button brightness dims when the headlights are on. In the Tip and Ticks thread MaJuke says you can adjust for that but not on my SV, it wont let me do it. On other cars Ive owned there was a way to remedy this problem.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    185
    I second your concern, and I am afraid there may not be a solution. I know that there is a grayed-out option to adjust the lights on the Icon menu, which is what you're referring to, but I don't know how to get it to activate. The Icon lights are, however, tied to the same button above the steering wheel that adjusts the dimming of your dash lights. For me, just the first level of dimming down the lights is far too much. At the same time, not dimming makes everything way too bright at night.
    2011 Juke SV - AWD CVT Chrome Silver w/Nav package & fog lights

  4. #3
    Senior Member Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    789
    Quote Originally Posted by PAJuke70 View Post
    I second your concern, and I am afraid there may not be a solution. I know that there is a grayed-out option to adjust the lights on the Icon menu, which is what you're referring to, but I don't know how to get it to activate. The Icon lights are, however, tied to the same button above the steering wheel that adjusts the dimming of your dash lights. For me, just the first level of dimming down the lights is far too much. At the same time, not dimming makes everything way too bright at night.
    I was able to adjust mine in the icon setting to what suits me. Nothing was "greyed out".
    Last edited by Dude; 01-24-2011 at 02:47 PM.

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by griz440 View Post
    Is there any way to adjust the brightness of the Icon buttons (climate and drive modes) when you are driving with the lights on during the day? Under these conditions, I have a lot of trouble seeing the buttons because the button brightness dims when the headlights are on. In the Tip and Ticks thread MaJuke says you can adjust for that but not on my SV, it won’t let me do it. On other cars I’ve owned there was a way to remedy this problem.
    You can adjust your I-CON brightness by using the brightness button for you gauge display. It is located at the bottom center left of the gauge cluster. Click through all the brightness settings with your lights on, you will see the I-CON display brighten when you reach the correct setting.

  6. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23
    You can adjust it the reason the button was grayed out was that you were driving or in drive at the time.. quite a few button gray out if your not parked as they want you to concentrating on the road

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by beeks92868 View Post
    You can adjust it the reason the button was grayed out was that you were driving or in drive at the time.. quite a few button gray out if your not parked as they want you to concentrating on the road
    I am aware of this safety feature, but I have tried many times with the car in Park, and it still never lights up. Perhaps a new bug to report?

    FYI, I think this whole "grayed out for safety" feature is total BS. It assumes no one is ever in the passenger seat who is totally free to make changes.
    2011 Juke SV - AWD CVT Chrome Silver w/Nav package & fog lights

  8. #7
    Senior Member martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    466
    Do you really mean this question? hahahaha... Can't you read your manual or can't you read at all?
    Mod plans :
    - H1 morimoto mini retrofit,black housing,white G37-R shrouds with white CCFL behind it.
    - GTM hardpipes.



    Done:
    - Nismo frontgrille.
    - MBRO all red taillights.
    - Eibach pro kit lowering springs. 35 mm front, 25 mm rear.

    - Kenstyle rear roofspoiler.

    - custom stainless axleback exhaust by EPS
    - 19" spath matt black sp18 et40 with 235/40/19 bridgestone potenza tires .
    - 5 mm spacers on the back.
    - white calipers

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    33
    Yeah I've tried it sitting in the garage in park and get the grayed-out area every time which will not allow the normal adjustment procedure. I'll give Abear's suggestion a try.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    33
    Also, is there a chance that navigation equipeed vehicles or SL's adjust differently than other models like my SV?

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by griz440 View Post
    Yeah I've tried it sitting in the garage in park and get the grayed-out area every time which will not allow the normal adjustment procedure. I'll give Abear's suggestion a try.
    It works. Try it!

  12. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements
     

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Similar Threads

  1. icon reprogram?
    By Jersey Devil in forum Nissan Juke General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-31-2011, 02:41 PM
  2. No Icon-What mode is the Juke in?
    By Manny735 in forum Nissan Juke General Discussion
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-26-2011, 11:29 AM
  3. ICON Question
    By twotie4 in forum Nissan Juke General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-13-2010, 09:50 AM
  4. Lack of Lumbar adjustment
    By MoreGooder in forum Nissan Juke General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-28-2010, 07:19 PM
  5. SV vs SL ICON system
    By Italian Juke in forum Nissan Juke General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-09-2010, 09:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2