Juke sales decline in dec even though all the other nissan models increase - Page 5
NEWS

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Juke sales decline in dec even though all the other nissan models increase

Quote Originally Posted by Juke_Man View Post
    This! I'm still enjoying being the only Juke in town and getting that "what the hell is that?" look.
    Tell them it's a frog on illegal steroids

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Yeah, it has to be supply issues.

Did you guys read the article about how Nissan has temporarily stopped taking special orders for Jukes all together, in the UK, due to an inability to meet demand? Apparently, the problem lies in a shortage of CVT transmissions. Jukes can still be ordered in the US, but from what I'm hearing, the wait has gone up past the six month mark. If Juke was running on the same transmission as one of the other Nissan models there probably wouldn't be any problem, but the trans is new, just like everything else in the Juke. Nissan has another transmission factory set open soon, but I bet demand for the Juke caught them off guard. After all, the demand for Jukes in Japan was ten times what Nissan had projected at launch. I bet they've been playing catch-up ever since.
    Last edited by JukieMcJukerson; 01-13-2011 at 02:49 AM.

I'm finding the following:

1) NO ONE has heard of the Juke, or if they have, only via the commercials on TV, but certainly not seen one in real life
    2) Everyone seems to love the looks in real life, but all the auto bloggers think it's hideously ugly on paper.

We'll see how sales over the next few months play out (e.g. Spring sales).
    Cayenne Red SL, MT (FWD)

I can tell you first hand it is lack of supply. Juke's current demand has exceeded supply by almost 200% in the south region (5 state area). They are also having supply issues with the rear spoiler, so I wouldnt read too much into that, Nissan is VERY happy with it thus far. It is just takinig off faster than expected

Quote Originally Posted by JukieMcJukerson View Post
    Yeah, it has to be supply issues.

Did you guys read the article about how Nissan has temporarily stopped taking special orders for Jukes all together, in the UK, due to an inability to meet demand? Apparently, the problem lies in a shortage of CVT transmissions. Jukes can still be ordered in the US, but from what I'm hearing, the wait has gone up past the six month mark. If Juke was running on the same transmission as one of the other Nissan models there probably wouldn't be any problem, but the trans is new, just like everything else in the Juke. Nissan has another transmission factory set open soon, but I bet demand for the Juke caught them off guard. After all, the demand for Jukes in Japan was ten times what Nissan had projected at launch. I bet they've been playing catch-up ever since.
    CVT may be an issue with UK supply, but with US that isnt the case. They are short on a lot of accessories that have been ordered with the car, and are now just re-doing the window stickers and shipping them without the shorted parts in order to get them out a little faster. Its taking longer to get them, but theyll arrive.

Yeah, most likely supply. I had dealers showing they had Jukes in stock, but when I called they told me it was for inventory that should be coming in soon (next couple weeks). I stalked the dealership until one showed up and bought it before it even hit the lot.

However, when I was back home in Wyoming visiting family, in Laramie, they had a black Juke SL (I think) for a long time now, maybe a month or so. I don't think the dealer has really made any effort to sell it either (in the back of the lot).

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Fairladybaker View Post
    CVT may be an issue with UK supply, but with US that isnt the case. They are short on a lot of accessories that have been ordered with the car, and are now just re-doing the window stickers and shipping them without the shorted parts in order to get them out a little faster. Its taking longer to get them, but they'll arrive.
    Our ever increasing wait times can't be an indication that they are having much luck in filling the demand, regardless of the cause, but one would think that simple accessories could be made quickly and in abundance.

I think there is a combination marketing and supply issue.

The showrooms have the Juke inside now where I live, but the Juke is never in the dealer newspaper ads yet. Only thing driving demand are the national television ads.

Not being able to meet demand for a new car with a new engine is not 'heart warming.' Why? - parts. What happens if you get into a wreck or need something replaced? With mostly everything on this car completely 'new' it could be a pain to get work done on it now and in the recent future.

Look at the smartcar. They imported a limited number, under the demand numbers for it, and even made you put 99 bucks down and get on a 1 year waiting list at first. Now the lots are full of em and they cant give em away since supply/demand caught up mid 2009. Only time will tell on the Juke. Be fun watching the sales numbers though summer. If premium hits 4.50-5.00 this summer they just may start outselling the Juke again.
    Last edited by Dude; 01-17-2011 at 03:05 PM.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.