Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

Tips and Tricks

367K views 321 replies 167 participants last post by  squirtbrnr 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#94 ·
I was unloading some stuff out of my trunk when I looked down and noticed the little tab for opening the cover off the spare tire. I've never looked in there so I decided to give it a pull. I lifted off the cover and saw the spare tire and noticed that there are small compartments just left of the wheel. One had this silver thing in it, which I'm not sure what the purpose of that is. I'm not sure what I could put in those spaces either.

I also was filling up the wiper fluid. It is very far down. Is there an easier way to pour in the fluid without the chance of it spilling everywhere? I had to pour mine from about six inches above the hole because there wasn't enough space for the container to fit in. I also don't have a spout to attach to the container either.

Attachments

G
#95 ·
That little silver thingy is for towing your Juke. If you look at the driver side of the front bumper you will see a little door that can be removed. You screw the tow loop/hook in the bumper once you remove the door.

#97 ·
Many thanks to all of you for the tips. Especially grateful for whoever posted the following:

1. How to lift the windshield wipers...gracias

2. How to make headlights stay on for a bit after you shut off and lock up the car.....gracias tambien

3. How to speed up the phone system to skip all of Chatty Cathy's long-winded instructions....el mas gracias...that woman was driving me crazy!!!!

#101 · (Edited)
Ever wonder what you would do if you say you left your Juke at an airport, a friends place or elsewhere and later returned to pick up your Juke and you forgot your Intelligent Key Fob...... yes, long trip back home to get the fob. Ever misplace / forget where you left that pricey second fob..

Anyway, consider going to your local Locksmith and have him make a $3.50 non-chipped, cheapy key for your Juke using a plain key blank. He uses the key in the Intelligent Key Fob,s key stash to do this. Now, you take your second fob and remove it's battery. Take the battery and the fob and place them in a ziplock bag and -hide- this bag inside your Juke. Hide it well. Now, take that $3.50 cheapy key you had made and place it in a magnetic key holder and hide the key holder somewhere under your Juke where you can get to it fairly easily. Doing this assures your 2nd fob is not going to be lost (yes, you have to remember where you stashed it) and that you can gain access to your Juke if you have to in the event that you do not have your first key fob with you. I have done this on 3 new Nissan's and if you have ever been locked out of your car you too know that a $3.50 hidden key is a blessing. NO, don't stash the key that should be in the fob in a magnetic case cause if you lose that key you have lost an $80+- key versus a $3.50 cheapy key.

#102 ·
Ever wonder what you would do if you say you left your Juke at an airport, a friends place or elsewhere and later returned to pick up your Juke and you forgot your Intelligent Key Fob...... yes, long trip back home to get the fob. Ever misplace / forget where you left that pricey second fob..

Anyway, consider going to your local Locksmith and have him make a $3.50 non-chipped, cheapy key for your Juke using a plain key blank. He uses the key in the Intelligent Key Fo's key stash to make your cheapy key. Now, you take your second Intelligent Key Fob and remove it's battery. Take the battery and the Intelligent Key Fob and place both in a ziplock bag and -hide- this bag inside your Juke. Hide it well. Now, take that $3.50 cheapy key you had made and place it in a magnetic key holder and hide the magnetic key holder somewhere under your Juke where you can get to it fairly easily. Doing this assures your 2ndIntelligent Key Fob is not going to be lost (yes, you have to remember where you stashed it in the car) and that you can gain access to your Juke if you have to in the event that you do not have your first Intelligent Key Fob with you. I have done this on 3 new Nissan's and if you have ever been locked out of your car, you too know that a $3.50 hidden key is a blessing. NO, don't stash the key that should be kept in the Intelligent Key Fob in a magnetic case cause if you lose that key you have lost an $80+- key versus a $3.50 cheapy key.

#103 ·

Anyway, consider going to your local Locksmith and have him make a $3.50 non-chipped, cheapy key for your Juke using a plain key blank. He uses the key in the Intelligent Key Fob's key stash to make your cheapy key. Now, you take your second Intelligent Key Fob and remove it's battery. Take the battery and the Intelligent Key Fob and place both in a ziplock bag and -hide- this bag inside your Juke. Hide it well. Now, take that $3.50 cheapy key you had made and place it in a magnetic key holder and hide the magnetic key holder somewhere under your Juke where you can get to it fairly easily. Doing this assures your 2nd Intelligent Key Fob is not going to be lost (yes, you have to remember where you stashed it in the car) and that you can gain access to your Juke if you have to in the event that you do not have your first Intelligent Key Fob with you. I have done this on 3 new Nissan's and if you have ever been locked out of your car, you too know that a $3.50 hidden key is a blessing. NO, don't stash the key that should be kept in the Intelligent Key Fob in a magnetic case cause if you lose that key you have lost an $80+- key versus a $3.50 cheapy key.

#105 ·
THAT ^ is a good idea! I do a lot of scuba diving here on Okinawa, and I have been leery of leaving my Key Fob on the beach with my towels. And while I have never had anything missing, it will put my mind at ease that I can carry that copy with me while I dive.
When you open the door with the copy key, your alarm will go off. So you'll have to be fast with the key fob and battery once you get in.

#106 ·
You can leave the battery in and wrap the fob in tin foil.

I keep my fob in a small zip lock (secondary protection) inside an Aquapac waterproof key bag when I am in the water. I keep the Aquapac bag in my swim short pocket looped to the key string.

#109 ·
For the stashed Intelligent Key fob .........
I prefer to remove the battery when a fob / device is in storage/stashed. Battery out means no chance that corrosion where battery is inserted will be an issue during storage. No way battery can be depleted some how by the device if the battery is out. Of course, battery out and vehicle does not interact with that remote in any way. Remember, this second fob you have stashed may be stashed for a year(s) and not be used/needed by you.

#111 ·
Hint:

Your car alarm goes off randomly, it went off couple of times last night... and off again at 9am and then noon. Nothing is around the car. what could cause this??

Answer:
You undoubtedly have the "Impact Sensor" which is an add on / optional accessory. Just have the dealership's service department adjust the sensitivity. Have them show you where the Impact Sensor resides and show you the little adjustment knob, so you can do it yourself in the future if necessary. The Impact Sensor with the little adjustment knob is probably under the glove compartment but I am not sure of this. Regardless, the dealer will adjust and there will be no charge to do so. Tell them it has been an issue since you bought the car. Very simple for you or anyone to adjust BUT you have to know where the Impact Sensor/adjustment knob is located on your Juke. When you find out do be sure to come back here and tell others..

Here is some info on the Impact Sensor:
et some extra security with this Nissan Vehicle Alarm Impact Sensor.

Responds to damaging impact to vehicle glass and painted surfaces.
Works with factory-installed Vehicle Security System.
Instantly triggers Vehicle Security System.
Sounds horn for 30 seconds.
Arms and disarms with factory remote keyless entry. Security System with Impact Sensor User's Guide

Security System Features

Entry Protection - Opening any door or the trunk/hatch without disarming the system will trigger the vehicle's horn. Protected entrances include all doors and the trunk/hatch.

Impact Sensor - Hard impacts to both the vehicle's body and glass will trigger the vehicle's horn.

If the Security System is falsely triggered due to light impacts to the vehicle's body or glass, please consult your local dealer for sensitivity adjustment of the impact Sensor.

Normal Operation:

Whenever your vehicle is locked with your transmitter, the security system and impact sensor are both armed.
Whenever your vehicle is unlocked with your transmitter, the security system and impact sensor are both unarmed.

• Notes on Operation:
  • Always use the transmitter to lock the vehicle and arm the system.
  • Verify all doors, hood, hatch/trunk/tailgate are closed prior to arming security system.
  • If you use the interior power door lock switch to lock the doors when exiting the vehicle instead of using the transmitter, the system may not arm properly.
  • If hood or hatch/trunk/tailgate is closed after the security system is armed, security system may need to be re-armed.
  • If there is a hard impact on the vehicle within 30 seconds of arming alarm system, system may automatically disarm.
  • Always check security indicator to confirm security system status. See you vehicle's Owners Manual.
Here is a picture of your Nissan Impact Sensor:

#113 · (Edited)
All Juke's come equipped with the Vehicle Security System (VSS) and the Vehicle Immobilizer System. Per the manual, both these systems are disarmed when the door lock key cylinder is turned/you unlock the door with the Nissan Fob hidden key and even a key made at a locksmith. Of course, both the Vehicle Security System (VSS) and the Vehicle Immobilizer System are disarmed if you use your Intelligent Key Fob to open your door(s).

Possibly, some of you may have the optional/accessory Nissan Impact Sensor you would have paid additional for at time of vehicle purchase. If you have the Impact Sensor you could possibly trigger the Impact Sensor / Alarm (especially, if your Impact Sensor was set to be very sensitive) if you entered the Juke with the plain key made at a locksmith or the hidden key. I am not sure on this though and would be interested in hearing feedback from those here with the optional/accessory Impact Sensor installed on their Juke.

Again, If you do not have the optional Impact Sensor installed on your Juke, the plain key made by your locksmith or the hidden key in your Nissan Fob will not trigger any alarm on your factory equipped Juke with Vehicle Security System (VSS) and the Vehicle Immobilizer System if the Intelligent Key Fob is with you or not with you and you open the door with a key.

Caution.... Do not try to start your Juke with the Start button if you do not have your Intelligent Key Fob with you as you may/will activate the Vehicle Immobilizer System which will mean your Juke will have to be transported by a flat bed truck to the dealer to de-activate the Vehicle Immobilizer System so you can once again start/use the vehicle. I think it takes 3 pushes of the Start button when you have no Intelligent Key Fob present and your Vehicle Immobilizer System activates and it is Flat bed truck to the dealer time.

#120 ·
iPod and shuffling songs

Is there a way to keep the iPod in shuffle mode all the time? Each time I start the car, I have to go to the Aux and push the Random mode twice to get my iPod into shuffle mode. My iPod stays in the car and connected via the USB port, if that matters at all.

Very annoying when you are doing quick stops all around town.

#121 ·
Is there a way to keep the iPod in shuffle mode all the time? Each time I start the car, I have to go to the Aux and push the Random mode twice to get my iPod into shuffle mode. My iPod stays in the car and connected via the USB port, if that matters at all.

Very annoying when you are doing quick stops all around town.
When I plug mine into USB it automatically goes to another screen without having to hit Aux. If the ipod is on shuffle, it stays on shuffle.

#129 ·
I thought you placed the dead key against the push button-close range and then pushed it. The hidden key fits into the door lock-I have one.
Correct. This is what the manual says. There's no hidden ignition switch. Apparently there is either enough charge left in the fob or it'll work like a magnetic strip up close.

As an untrusting individual, I also keep a spare fob battery in the glovebox.

#134 ·
You can use the split folding rear seat release as grocery bag hooks
Didn't realize my owners manual could be attached to the back of the seat like that (velcro is an amazing thing).
JJ

#132 ·
Thanks for the useful tips everyone. 1 question I do have is when deactivating the beeps on the alarm will also disable the security system. Is there a way around that with out disabling the whole alarm? I live in a pretty quiet neighborhood and I'd rather have it not honk but still arm the car. Is this something the dealership can do?