Towing capacity?

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Towing capacity?

Towing capacity?

Does anybody know what the towing capacity will be on the Juke? I have a small (16') pan fishing boat I'd love to be able to tow, along with a camp trailer and the occasional flat bed. Looking for towing weight as well as tongue load.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Nissan Juke Towing Capacity

That's a really good question. I haven't seen any information yet on the Nissan Juke's towing capacity. I believe that once the North American specs are finalized, that information should be available. I would think that the towing capacity for the Juke should be similar to the Nissan Rogue...

Quote Originally Posted by Jade View Post
    That's a really good question. I haven't seen any information yet on the Nissan Juke's towing capacity. I believe that once the North American specs are finalized, that information should be available. I would think that the towing capacity for the Juke should be similar to the Nissan Rogue...
    Yes, that is my guess too - but I need 1500lbs, not 1000. The Rogue premium models can do 1500, but I don't see what's different with them than the normal Rogues with 1000, other than the towing package. I would imagine an aftermarket hitch and wiring job would be no different, yet the standard Rogues are rated to 1000lbs only. Is there a difference in brakes or something else?

Trailer + boat + gear == ~1300-1400lbs.

Not sure about the brakes and I'm definitely not an expert on trailer hitching and the sort - I've never driven an SUV/CUV, far less towed anything LOL, but I'm thinking that if certain models of the Nissan Rogue can tow 1500 lbs, then I'm sure that the Juke could also be capable. Does the hitching mechanism determine the towing capacity or is it dependent on the engine/strength of the vehicle?

I would not attempt to tow any more than 1000lbs with the Juke. If you are gonna try to tow the boat, do it carefully.

Juke

Quote Originally Posted by JukeBox View Post
    I would not attempt to tow any more than 1000lbs with the Juke. If you are gonna try to tow the boat, do it carefully.

Juke
    Why? Do you have the specifications available?

Quote Originally Posted by ormandj View Post
    Why? Do you have the specifications available?
    No, but I just think that logically if the Juke is smaller than the Rogue, it would have a lesser towing capacity. To be sure, talk to the dealer when you're taking a test drive and see what they recommend. You don't want a towing accident wrecking your Juke, now do you?

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCadet5 View Post
    No, but I just think that logically if the Juke is smaller than the Rogue, it would have a lesser towing capacity. To be sure, talk to the dealer when you're taking a test drive and see what they recommend. You don't want a towing accident wrecking your Juke, now do you?
    It sounds like all we have is speculation at this point. I look forward to Nissan's release of actual specifications. Dealers generally don't have a clue, I'm more interested in what Nissan releases in the instruction manual/specifications for the vehicle.

I've been towing things for over a decade now, I'm well aware of the hazards involved in towing. I wouldn't be asking this question if I was not, I'd just get a hitch mounted and find out the hard way.

the juke doesnt have enough torque to tow a boat. it's too small to do that plus the car components might not be able to handle it.

May just depend on the size of the boat? And If the cottage and lake are up on a hill.
    So a two guys walk into a bar... second guy shoulda known better.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.