PO234 Turbo Overboost

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PO234 Turbo Overboost

Exclamation PO234 Turbo Overboost

Hello all,
    As you can see I have an error code and was looking to any help with this I can. I have seen a few posts about it but not sure what some people are talking about seeing how I have no idea about turbos.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Well. The boost solenoid has been known to fail. Its around $65 shipped. That is if you are not modded. Otherwise. If you are modded. It could be a few things.
    2014 Silver NISMO RS 2wd 240whp 260tqe
    Tint Sun Strip. Cargo Cover. DRL Switch. Zenon Headlites. Full Ultratech Racing Brace Pkg
    LED:Gator Backup Dome License SideMarker Brake. Pinstriping. Doorguards.Weathertech's
    Lighted Scuffs, Accent Lighting, Nismo Strut Caps, 80A Engine mount. Uprev Tuned. Boost gauge
    2J Pully, GTM IC pipes, Injen CAI, TS Wastegate, Injen 2ndCATdlt & 3" pipe, TS BOV, Stut Tower Brace

Hello MacGyver,
    I'm pretty sure it's not modded. The ecm seem to rest after the guy checked the code. Wouldn't that still be on if it were the solenoid?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Your ECU wasn't reset, but the engine code was cleared. if the code or MIL come back, then you do have a problem and should get it checked. I had this issue a little while back. The only thing I can guess was my solenoid got stuck or the divert valve got stuck. It happened only a couple of times when it was extremely cold but has not happened since then. I only have upgraded pipes and divert valve and no other mods. It could be moisture or debris that gets into the solenoid, or like Macgyver said, the solenoid could have failed.
    2013 Nissan Juke SL - Gun Metallic - CVT - AWD
    "Günther" The Growling Gun Metal Grey Juke (Hidden Content )
    Injen - CAI, Second Cat Delete, Cat-Back Exhaust, IC Pipes w/ Custom Lower Pipe
    Turbosmart - Kompact BOV
    2J Racing - Lightweight Pulley
    Saikou Michi - Dual OCC
    Impact Racing Zone - Front Strut Bar
    Stillen - Rear Sway Bar
    Prosport - EVO Boost Gauge

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Yeah it was VERY cold when it happen! Thanks

Hey @Rappinjuke,

Just wanted to let you know I moved the thread to a more appropriate section that will garner more exposure thus getting more responses to your inquiry.

Post your inquiries/feedback within the JukeForums AutoGuide Support/Help regarding any technical issues with your account and/or on the site itself. Thanks!

Hope you find what you're looking for!

Cheers,
    Natalie

Ok thanks. And sorry thought I had the right spot.

It basically means your car is getting too much boost... either due to the wastegate actuator or the boost control solenoid getting sloppy/weak OR a vacuum leak. Both of those parts are mediocre stock pieces, but shouldn't be necessarily a problem with a stock vehicle. If it just happens once a year, clear the code, move on with your life. If it happens more often and you want to actually address it, start with checking hoses/connections to/around the turbo between the WGA, BCS, and intake piping and turbo piping. If all is well, replace the boost control solenoid (it's cheap) and if it happens again, wastegate actuator. These parts may not necessarily need to be replaced as much as inspected/serviced, but if you want clear-cut solutions, there ya go.

This was my 1-month-ago MIL learning experience, so it's still fresh in my mind. Enjoy!
    Thirteen Fortenberry
    Owner / Installer / Fabricator
    Superior Mobile by 13, LLC
    Hidden Content // Hidden Content

"More nuts than bolts."

2011 6MT: 2J Pulley. GFB BOV. Injen CAI+Aux Tube. Stillen CatBack. Forge Intercooler. 2J Hoses. TurboSmart WGA. UpRev Tune. Sony 712HD. IR BUC. Compustar 2-Way LCD RSA. Thule AeroBlade. Shaved Rear Wiper, Antenna, & Emblems. Full HushMat Treatment. Full 3M Tint. Viper Blue Powdercoated Goodies. Random Sexiness.

I got (felt) this the other day when I was passing a car. My Subaru has done this before in cold weather but that car is far more modified (the Juke is stock) and this issue has been more repeatable in the Juke. I changed spark plugs a few weeks ago so I was kind of looking over the engine bay to make sure I got everything hooked back up and I noticed the hose that runs from the compressor wheel housing on the turbo to the 3 port sensor had a tight crimp in it right at the compressor housing. I rerouted this hose so it wouldn't crimp and hopefully that will solve the problem.

Good find. Hope it works out.
    2014 Silver NISMO RS 2wd 240whp 260tqe
    Tint Sun Strip. Cargo Cover. DRL Switch. Zenon Headlites. Full Ultratech Racing Brace Pkg
    LED:Gator Backup Dome License SideMarker Brake. Pinstriping. Doorguards.Weathertech's
    Lighted Scuffs, Accent Lighting, Nismo Strut Caps, 80A Engine mount. Uprev Tuned. Boost gauge
    2J Pully, GTM IC pipes, Injen CAI, TS Wastegate, Injen 2ndCATdlt & 3" pipe, TS BOV, Stut Tower Brace

13. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.