NAPA Oil Filter Question

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NAPA Oil Filter Question

NAPA Oil Filter Question

Hey guys, I bought my car new and have used Bosch D3300 Oil Filters for the life of the car so far. However, my local place stopped carrying them. I purchased a NAPA Gold 1358 filter, anyone know if it's decent?

EDIT : I also just noticed that there is a NAPA Platinum 41358 filter available. The "media" is different between the Gold and Platinum. In the Gold, it's Enhanced Cellulose, and Platinum is Synthetic. Anyone with knowledge that could tell me what that means?
    Last edited by Avery146; 03-17-2017 at 05:55 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

All most all of NAPA oil filters are made by WIX, which are well designed good quality filters at decent price points.

Cellulose is "paper". Synthetic is just that, a synthetic fiber "media" which has the ability to capture smaller particles. The Platinum series also backs the filter material with wire screen to prevent the pleated filter from possible collapse. The NAPA Gold 1358 filter you purchased is decent.

Just stay away from Fram filters. They're not what they used to be. Honestly they're just cheep junk now with "features" like cardboard end caps, weak bypass valves and generally poor over all manufacturing quality.

I use the WIX 51356XP (NAPA Platinum 41356) on my wife's Juke. This filter is a little bit longer (3.04 inches) than stock (2.78 inches) for additional filter surface area. It's the same as the NAPA Platinum series. Only difference I can see are the graphics on the outside of the filter and the price, about a dollar or so cheaper as it doesn't have to support a large nation advertising campaign. Granted I haven't cut one of each open to count pleats and what not.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NAPA Oil Filter Question-platinumnapaoil-exploded-view.jpg  
    Last edited by dude59; 03-17-2017 at 07:26 PM.
    '12 Juke SL AWD '91 BMW 318is

Now I know more about oil filters than I ever thought I would. Thank you!
    Hidden Content

Wife's - 2013 Juke SL
    Mine - 2014 Juke Nismo RS

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

cheers! thanks for the info

and yeah, I haven't used FRAM since the days of when my dad taught me how to change the oil in our old 90's vehicles.

Purolator One or Napa Gold filter for me.
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Avery146 View Post
    cheers! thanks for the info

and yeah, I haven't used FRAM since the days of when my dad taught me how to change the oil in our old 90's vehicles.
    Hey, I still drive a 90's vehicle. Oh well.
    Hidden Content

Wife's - 2013 Juke SL
    Mine - 2014 Juke Nismo RS

Still noting wrong with the OEM filter and the larger OEM that also fits and has the right valving.
    2014 Silver NISMO RS 2wd 240whp 260tqe
    Tint Sun Strip. Cargo Cover. DRL Switch. Zenon Headlites. Full Ultratech Racing Brace Pkg
    LED:Gator Backup Dome License SideMarker Brake. Pinstriping. Doorguards.Weathertech's
    Lighted Scuffs, Accent Lighting, Nismo Strut Caps, 80A Engine mount. Uprev Tuned. Boost gauge
    2J Pully, GTM IC pipes, Injen CAI, TS Wastegate, Injen 2ndCATdlt & 3" pipe, TS BOV, Stut Tower Brace

Quote Originally Posted by Macgyver View Post
    Still noting wrong with the OEM filter and the larger OEM that also fits and has the right valving.
    This is true, for the Nissan filters made in Japan, those made in China can be iffy...
    Last edited by dude59; 03-20-2017 at 08:15 PM.
    '12 Juke SL AWD '91 BMW 318is

Yes but if something happens valving wise or filter wise. Using OEM might save your butt. Just a minor convenience. You can get the OEMs on Amazon so to me its a no brainer.
    2014 Silver NISMO RS 2wd 240whp 260tqe
    Tint Sun Strip. Cargo Cover. DRL Switch. Zenon Headlites. Full Ultratech Racing Brace Pkg
    LED:Gator Backup Dome License SideMarker Brake. Pinstriping. Doorguards.Weathertech's
    Lighted Scuffs, Accent Lighting, Nismo Strut Caps, 80A Engine mount. Uprev Tuned. Boost gauge
    2J Pully, GTM IC pipes, Injen CAI, TS Wastegate, Injen 2ndCATdlt & 3" pipe, TS BOV, Stut Tower Brace

I've been using Royal Purple now for a couple of years and for my application, I think their the best in conjunction with Royal Purple HPS. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzU6gYbW0cs
    UpRev custom tune done by PSI Profomance in Lansdale, Pa., Hallman MBC, TUI 2.5" Catback Exhaust, GTM IC hard pipes, R2J racing pulley, Injen cai w/ hydroshield, turbo auxiliary tube, Synapse diverter valve, factory mud flaps, vent visors, factory spoiler, custom center console, grill guards, tinted front door glass, rear cargo cover & body side moldings.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.