Exhaust timing control valve

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Exhaust timing control valve

Exhaust timing control valve

Yesterday my 2011 Juke stalled on the way to work-about 2 miles from home-it was 16 degrees outside and my car was a little shakey when going low speed. After a few minutes it started back up and seemed fine once I was on the highway. Leaving work (34 degrees out) car started to shudder again like it was going to stall, the brake seemed hard to press and my service engine soon light came on. Was able to make it home and seemed better once it warmed up. I had not had any issues prior to yesterday.
    Dropped off at the dealer this morning to have them look at it. Reported that the issue was code P0014--exhaust timing belt. They asked when the last time I got an oil change (which was Saturday, 4 days prior when I got my car inspected) because the oil was black. Suggested replacing the valve for the price of $600. Ughh I read somewhere else to try oil/filter change first (afraid the garage that did the oil change didn't really do it or used dirty oil?)

Thoughts? Approx 79kmiles
    Last edited by njuke2011; 01-11-2017 at 04:57 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by njuke2011 View Post
    Yesterday my 2011 Juke stalled on the way to work-about 2 miles from home-it was 16 degrees outside and my car was a little shakey when going low speed. After a few minutes it started back up and seemed fine once I was on the highway. Leaving work (34 degrees out) car started to shudder again like it was going to stall, the brake seemed hard to press and my service engine soon light came on. Was able to make it home and seemed better once it warmed up. I had not had any issues prior to yesterday.
    Dropped off at the dealer this morning to have them look at it. Reported that the issue was code P0014--exhaust timing belt. They asked when the last time I got an oil change (which was Saturday, 4 days prior when I got my car inspected) because the oil was black. Suggested replacing the valve for the price of $600. Ughh I read somewhere else to try oil/filter change first (afraid the garage that did the oil change didn't really do it or used dirty oil?)

Thoughts? Approx 79kmiles
    Welcome to the forum, njuke. Did you ever have the timing chain recall done on your Juke? Do you have excessive smoke coming from the tail pipe now? I know it's hard to tell in winter. Others have had this code pop up. Try searching from the search tab on the top right side of this page.
    FYI: P0014 code permanent
    Last edited by CDN JUKE RS; 01-11-2017 at 05:16 PM.
    2014 Nismo RS 6MT
    Nismo cf front lip, Nismo cool-blue mirrors, Nismo CAIw/Aux, Impul cf mirrors + inner panels, Seibon hood, Hella horns
    Homelink mirror, OEM refresh tails, DRLswitch, Rays formula lugs, 2J pulley+hoses, Injen IC kit, SM DOCCs
    Synapse DV, IRZ STB, Cusco RSB, 370Z smoke rear fog+switch, SmartStart mobile remote start
    Lightwerkz FXR Stg 1 HID projector retrofit, 3Gs Dual Pod Pillar, Aeroforce CNi102 gauges, Samco hoses
    Uninstalled: TUI catback, Cusco lower arm bar, Impul grille

4. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.