2015 Juke Service Engine soon light on.

  1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

    Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: 2015 Juke Service Engine soon light on.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    23

    2015 Juke Service Engine soon light on.

    It came on a couple days ago.
    I do not have a code reader so I took the car to Advanced Auto parts and they pulled a P0138 code.
    Car is stock with 7k miles.
    when they guys at Advance auto parts pulled his reader I turned off the car and when I started it again the light was gone..\
    He said he did not clear.
    I have driven the car a couple times and it has not come back..

    I was going to take it to the Nissan dealer but with the light gone what can they see?

    Any input or suggestions will be appreciated.


    Regards

    Nick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015 Juke Service Engine soon light on.-p0138.jpg  

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Moderator Swiftab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tullahoma, TN
    Posts
    2,905
    Keep us posted on the code and outcome.

    You 2015 will have the gen 2 engine, (unless you have the RS). We haven't heard of any serious issues with this new engine.
    Hidden Content

    Wife's - 2013 Juke SL
    Mine - 2014 Juke Nismo RS

  4. #3
    Senior Member Joetor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Scarborough, Ontario
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by nickg5 View Post
    It came on a couple days ago.
    I do not have a code reader so I took the car to Advanced Auto parts and they pulled a P0138 code.
    Car is stock with 7k miles.
    when they guys at Advance auto parts pulled his reader I turned off the car and when I started it again the light was gone..\
    He said he did not clear.
    I have driven the car a couple times and it has not come back..

    I was going to take it to the Nissan dealer but with the light gone what can they see?

    Any input or suggestions will be appreciated.


    Regards

    Nick
    Hi Nick,
    I would suggest to go to the stealership, must be under warranty, just to double check, however:

    Possible causes - Faulty Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 - Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 harness is open or shorted - Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 circuit poor electrical connection - Intake air leaks - Exhaust gas leaks - Inappropriate fuel pressure - Faulty fuel injectors

    Read more: P0138 Nissan HO2S12 Circuit High Voltage OBDII Engine Light Trouble Code | Engine-Codes.com
    Last edited by Joetor; 01-02-2017 at 02:10 PM.
    Nissan Juke SL AWD 2011
    MODS: -Toilet paper tube intake-Coffee can muffler-Cell phone mount-WalMart LEDs-Swiffer sweeper strut bar(Silver)-Little trumpet blower-Dollarama vinyl kitchen wrap paper on hood-
    Hidden Content

  5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member squirtbrnr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    289
    I believe bank 1 sensor 2 is the one after the primary catalytic converter. on the 2011-2014 Juke FWD it's in the second downpipe under the car. on the 2011-2014 Juke AWD it's in the first downpipe. Not sure if they changed placement in the second gen engine. like Joetor said, there's a number of things that could cause this code, but all related to fuel, exhaust, and engine combustion dynamics. Or it could just be a loose wire or plug on the sensor.

    As for the dealership reading the code, this one may be stored as a pending code. newer ECUs actually have a code history log showing those that are hard faults and those that are intermittent and logs them all. It doesn't hold much history so unless you throw like 15 codes at once and intermittently, the dealership should be able to see the P0138.
    2013 Nissan Juke SL - Gun Metallic - CVT - AWD
    "Günther" The Growling Gun Metal Grey Juke (Hidden Content )
    Injen - CAI, Second Cat Delete, Cat-Back Exhaust, IC Pipes w/ Custom Lower Pipe
    Turbosmart - Kompact BOV
    2J Racing - Lightweight Pulley
    Saikou Michi - Dual OCC
    Impact Racing Zone - Front Strut Bar
    Stillen - Rear Sway Bar
    Prosport - EVO Boost Gauge

    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

  7. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    23
    this may be it.

    I replaced the headlights to the HID OEM version. I removed the bumper etc.. no issues there.

    BUT...

    before that I had the Diode Dynamics HID conversion. They have a grounding wire, on the passenger side I removed the intake cold air connector to put and remove the grounding wire. I looked in the engine bay and I made sure the intake was positioned correctly. (removed the reinstalled). Code is gone and I drove all day today and nothing is back..

    I am going to take a trip to the Nissan Dealer to have them take a look.

    I will update.

    Thank you for the input.


    Nick


    Quote Originally Posted by Joetor View Post
    Hi Nick,
    I would suggest to go to the stealership, must be under warranty, just to double check, however:

    Possible causes - Faulty Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 - Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 harness is open or shorted - Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 circuit poor electrical connection - Intake air leaks - Exhaust gas leaks - Inappropriate fuel pressure - Faulty fuel injectors

    Read more: P0138 Nissan HO2S12 Circuit High Voltage OBDII Engine Light Trouble Code | Engine-Codes.com

  8. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    23
    well I visited the local Nissan dealer and they said the Oxygen sensor needs to be replaced.
    I am having it replaced later today.
    I have a good long drive coming this weekend and we shall see if all is ok..

    Regards

    Nick

  9. #7
    Senior Member mission juke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    West Coast Canada
    Posts
    1,128
    Glad you got it sorted out.
    2011 SL FWD, CVT, Graphite Blue, purchased used July 25 2014 | Ingen CAI with aux tube & Hydroshield | Philips X-Treme Vision Headlights | Rear Fog Light | DIG-T Badge | Doug Thorley Axleback / Stillen mid-pipe | Aftermarket Spoiler | B&G Lowering Springs | Nismo Wheels | 215/55/17 Falken EUROWINTER HS449 on OEM Rims | 2J Racing Pulley | Eibach 25mm wheel spacers | Turbosmart BOV | OBX Second Cat delete

  10. #8
    Senior Member kev604's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Vancouver, British Columbia
    Posts
    1,292
    I wonder if this has to do with the exhaust sensor recall on V2 engine Jukes where the dealer has to reprogram the ECU. I was at the dealer on Tuesday for an oil and filter change and had the recall done but never had any codes pop up.

    Quote Originally Posted by nickg5 View Post
    well I visited the local Nissan dealer and they said the Oxygen sensor needs to be replaced.
    I am having it replaced later today.
    I have a good long drive coming this weekend and we shall see if all is ok..

    Regards

    Nick
    2015 Nissan Juke SV FWD CVT Gun Metallic - Mostly Stock Build Thread Hidden Content

  11. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Oakland, California
    Posts
    29
    Glad to find this thread. I have a 2016 Juke SV that I purchased at the beginning of March 2017 with approx. 3,770 miles on it. I have a little over 5,000 miles on it and the "Service Engine Soon" light came on. She's not due for service until August 2017 or 8,000 or so miles. I took her into the dealership this morning and the verdict was a "lazy oxygen sensor" which they replaced. Seems strange to me to have one go bad at such low mileage. It was covered under warranty of course, but I'm concerned about whether it will be a reoccurring problem. Kev604, have you had any further problems with yours? What was the exhaust sensor recall about? Was there a redesign of the sensor, or was some other fix done?

  12. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by loveisageless View Post
    Glad to find this thread. I have a 2016 Juke SV that I purchased at the beginning of March 2017 with approx. 3,770 miles on it. I have a little over 5,000 miles on it and the "Service Engine Soon" light came on. She's not due for service until August 2017 or 8,000 or so miles. I took her into the dealership this morning and the verdict was a "lazy oxygen sensor" which they replaced. Seems strange to me to have one go bad at such low mileage. It was covered under warranty of course, but I'm concerned about whether it will be a reoccurring problem. Kev604, have you had any further problems with yours? What was the exhaust sensor recall about? Was there a redesign of the sensor, or was some other fix done?
    The recall was regarding California CAFE/Smog standards. Essentially the second sensor could stop reporting data and cause the engine to produce excess NOX2 by advancing timing too far taking it out of compliance.

    I've got just short of 9k on a 2016 and haven't had this come up

  13. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements
     

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Similar Threads

  1. Service Engine Light & Other Issues
    By DJSakurame in forum Nissan Juke Engine Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-08-2015, 08:34 AM
  2. Service Engine Soon light
    By zorlan in forum Nissan Juke Engine Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-26-2015, 12:21 PM
  3. Service Engine Soon light solid on
    By AcidLacedPenguin in forum Nissan Juke Engine Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-11-2013, 02:00 PM
  4. Service engine soon light
    By jakejohnson in forum Nissan Juke Engine Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-25-2013, 07:29 PM
  5. Service Engine Soon light... Normal?
    By OUTsane in forum Nissan Juke Engine Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-03-2012, 04:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2