Engine Noise

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engine Noise

Engine Noise

wondering if any of you have lessened the noise coming from the engine when accelerating? maybe its the muffler but think its the engine. 2016 Nissan Juke SV Stinger Model

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

I did the opposite.
    2014 Nismo RS

I feel turning up the radio works
    2014 Nismo RS 6MT
    Nismo cf front lip + b pillars, Nismo cool-blue mirrors, Nismo CAIw/Aux, cf Impul mirrors, inner panels, Seibon hood, Hella horns
    Homelink mirror, OEM refresh tails, DRLswitch, Rays formula lugs, 2J pulley+hoses, Injen IC kit, SM DOCCs
    Synapse DV, IRZ STB, Cusco RSB, 370Z smoke rear fog+switch, SmartStart mobile remote start
    Lightwerkz FXR Stg 1 HID projector retrofit, 3Gs Dual Pod Pillar, Aeroforce CNi102 gauges, Samco hoses
    Uninstalled: TUI catback, Cusco LAB, Impul grille

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Do you have a CVT? Are you talking about the CVT whine cause I don't notice much engine noise, only when you punch it you hear it working a bit. The CVT whine and the sound that it makes is kind of annoying and is more prevalent when accelerating.
    2015 Nissan Juke SV FWD CVT Gun Metallic - Mostly Stock Build Thread Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by CDN JUKE RS View Post
    I feel turning up the radio works
    opening all the windows, the sunroof and turning up the radio would do it

Quote Originally Posted by kev604 View Post
    Do you have a CVT? Are you talking about the CVT whine cause I don't notice much engine noise, only when you punch it you hear it working a bit. The CVT whine and the sound that it makes is kind of annoying and is more prevalent when accelerating.
    Not sure about it being annoying. I like the sound. I used to have a '68 Mustang fastback GT 2+2 289 Hi-po and I couldn't get enough of the sound of that (albeit that is a totally different pleasurable sound)

my new juke does this silly tractor sound when slowly taking off. then perhaps in fourth its does same if you excel-rate slowly. got fobbed off saying it was normal never heard a Nissan do this before not happy

thinking about getting money back already asked them to look and fix it and yes it came right for one day and then next day of driving started to come back. I do not wish to drive a tractor.

Hmmmm. If its so loud. Record it and post it to youtube so we can hear it.
    2014 Silver NISMO RS 2wd 240whp 260tqe
    Tint Sun Strip. Cargo Cover. DRL Switch. Zenon Headlites. Full Ultratech Racing Brace Pkg
    LED:Gator Backup Dome License SideMarker Brake. Pinstriping. Doorguards.Weathertech's
    Lighted Scuffs, Accent Lighting, Nismo Strut Caps, 80A Engine mount. Uprev Tuned. Boost gauge
    2J Pully, GTM IC pipes, Injen CAI, TS Wastegate, Injen 2ndCATdlt & 3" pipe, TS BOV, Stut Tower Brace

I get the same usually around 2800-3500 rpms in 3rd. I've noticed the sound comes at the same throttle position in every gear not the same rpms. Sounds like a diesel truck idle or tractor as you said describes it really well. Only with foot on throttle back off it goes away. Glad I'm not alone.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I've tried recording it but with all the other noise it's hard to hear in video. Anyone I've had in the car I've shown no problem though it's pretty noticable

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

13. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.