Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

Nismo RS Injen exhaust issue discovered :P

14K views 39 replies 15 participants last post by  Fauxfreshness 
#1 ·
So I bought an Injen secondary cat-delete pipe and exhaust for my Nismo RS (FWD) from another member on here. Everything fit perfect and install was easy, but I discovered that I had to get rid of a chassis stiffening piece :( Turns out the pipe is so big that this certain piece that is on the Nismo RS (not sure if Nismo too) doesn't fit back on.

The brace I couldn't re-install goes where the four bolt/nuts are:
Auto part Automotive exhaust Pipe Exhaust system Muffler

Anyone else have this problem or is there a specific model exhaust for the Nismo RS? I could possibly get a shop to fab a replacement brace.

See less See more
#3 ·
That's too bad. You could get a shop to fab a modified one, just watch the ground clearance.

BTW - only the RS has the two tunnel braces.

#4 ·
Those bolts look kinda long. Would the brace fit under the exhaust with a few washers added to the bolts before the nuts go on?

#5 ·
He has the right idea, Purchase some longer bolts and plenty of steel washers, create about 1/4 inch clearance between the exhaust and the brae, but make sure the bolts are tight, otherwise the brace is useless if it can twist.

#7 ·
Removing the seats and console isn't that hard. It's time consuming, but pretty easy. The easier route would be to add an extension to the brace. Weld some spacers to it so it clears the exhaust and reuse the factory hardware.

#8 ·
I did some research and it looks like the regular Juke & Nismo have those bolts from the factory. So if some one can get a number for the brace, you might be able to order it from Nissan and install it on a regular or Nismo Juke.

#11 ·
Ahhh! You're right. I didn't look at the pic close enough and thought it was the front one. That's why I was talking about pulling the console.

#12 ·
I'm not sure if those bolts can be removed...they looked like studs that are actually a part (welded?) to the chassis. Only way I can see this working is to have another bracket/brace fabricated to fit. The Injen pipes are so big that I'm pretty sure there is no way the OEM flat brace can be used as-is. I put the OEM brace flush against the Injen exhaust and there is about 2-3 inches of space between the brace and the tip of the mounting stud/bolt.

So I'm the only Nismo RS running an Injen exhaust? What are all the other Nismo RS using for exhausts?

#16 ·
I do have to agree that the Injen exhaust does hang a little low for my tastes. I haven't looked into raising it up yet but I would probably start with manipulating the rubber hangars or the metal hangers themselves. A blow torch and a hollow cheater bar may work.

Worm clamp?
Jubilee clamp?
Screw clamp?

I'm learning so many synonyms for hose clamps on this forum.

#17 ·
Really wish i had seen this before this very moment staring up at this brace in epic consternation.

#27 ·
I will give you an A for effort but not quite sure how effective the brace is now, not that I have a answer as how to fix it.

#21 ·
I have the brace from Ultra Racing that bolts in place of the RS brace. I only have the stock exhaust for now and I'm not sure of any other buyers (at least in North America) with it yet. If you can give me a picture of the area with the measurement locations indicated, I might be able to get under it again before I fly to Seattle on Thursday. I saw your post on the Facebook page, but after one of the replies you got I figured I'd speak to it here rather than have another pointless Internet argument.

#23 ·
Lol roger that, that's why I didn't reply on FB either.

Yeah I sorted it out for now, used some couplers and re threaded half the length for M8x1.25 and the other half left for some bolts and now voila - stock part fits no problem!

Only issue could be clearance once I lower it as the brace is now clearly the lowest part.

If the UR version of that brace uses the factory mounting points but sits lower it could work, granted this may work just fine too!

#24 ·
Swiftab asked me about measurements (even though I posted the braces installed with a carpenter square, just never enough for these Internet guys ;-)) for the brace that straddled the exhaust channel but with the stock exhaust in the way I wasn't sure what I could get. Honestly, the UR part looks more like really nice "square" tubing that clears the entire channel at least at the same height as the peak of the RS unit. But dayyaaammmnnn that pipe hangs a LOT lower than the any of the bracing I've done. I was already thinking I'd get a shop to make turbo-back with a high flow cat (I like how they work and don't want to get hassled), and now I'm thinking that's the best way to go. Plus NissanEgg mentioned hitch to muffler tip clearance issues anyway, so I might be able to get the receiver mount fixed to match.

#26 ·
Where does one buy this? I googled it and allot stuff popped up. Not sure which site is the right one.

#29 ·
#30 ·
What about forgetting about that brace. Even after all the work. It probably insnt doing what it was designed to. Install a hatch area stiffening brace.

#31 ·
I might. If I do bracing in the cabin, it must be something that allows me to mount 4 point harnesses as well.

#32 ·
They are out there. Two types if I remember. One above the cargo area floor. One smaller one below.

#34 ·
I've seen that rear brace, that will not support a 4 point harness system. Even if the height was right, in the event of a big collision, that bar would peel forward I'm 100% sure.

A ton of R&D goes into a purpose built harness bar, especially if it's a bolt in job that will do the required task.

The other option I have I suppose is to have a 4 point roll cage welded into the back with a harness cross bar. I mean I don't really use the rear seats ..

I do find it hard to believe something like this doesn't exist for the Juke yet:

(PS - save the lectures about using a harness without a roll cage, and a roll cage without a helmet, and on the street, etc. I'm WELL aware of it all)

Sent from my 6+

#35 ·
Someone was going to lecture about using a harness bar and not a rollcage? No, I was illustrating the bars that are foggy to remember and show what they are. None of them are designed for harnesses. In fact, I'm going to a Schroth Rallye 4, which was the same model I used in my WRX when I raced. I use tie points from the seat belt bolts in the back seat. Works awesome, and has just enough angle to keep from trying to compress and ultimately "submarine" you. The Schroth lap belts were good at dealing with that anyway. I just don't have that bar because I don't want to hear the drama about not being able to recline the seat enough to sleep on long drives, or bashing knees getting into the back seat. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.