Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

Synapse Diverter Valve Flutter Still

11K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  CDN JUKE RS 
#1 ·
I have installed the yellow spring and am still getting a flutter between 2000-3200rpm's (Throttle is open but not WOT). I have also noticed it feels like my turbo lags more than before. Anyone else have similar issues? I know this is basically a re-thread from my other post but want to make sure i am not crazy and also if there any steps i can take to fix this. I do have a CVT transmission as well.

jstaples17

#2 ·
In your sig it says your have Tune, I would send some datalogs to your tuner for them to look at and maybe tweak the tune a little bit

#4 ·
So I have sent an email to UpRev and am waiting for a response.

As for the diverter valve I got the softer spring from synapse as they indicated I am not the first one to complain of flutter. I guess my next step is to play with preload but not sure how much or how little I need to be adjusting that. From the threads on here most everyone's issues went away with the softer spring but clearly mine hasn't completely gone away.

Jstaples17

#5 ·
I have installed the yellow spring and am still getting a flutter between 2000-3200rpm's (Throttle is open but not WOT). I have also noticed it feels like my turbo lags more than before. Anyone else have similar issues?
Yep, same. Flutter & more lag. With a turbosmart DV. Most of the flutter seemed to dissipate with oem airbox. But I guess it holds boost better. Meh...YMMV

#6 ·
I am guessing the Injen intake has something to do with it. The stock DV is designed to bleed boost and low levels hence not hearing the flutter. Anyone have any ideas on other intakes?

TxJuke12,

Does your DV flutter at all? Have you adjusted the preload on the valve at all after your tune?

jstaples17

#10 ·
I haven't touched it since I bought it from ARF on here, he had it all setup

#7 ·
Upon doing more research I read on Synapse site that they recommend setting up in PULL Mode incase of flutter or sensitive MAF Sensors. I am currently in PUSH Mode so I will be swapping that out this evening to see if that helps.

#8 ·
I have the Injen SRI and IC pipes with the Synapse DV (yellow spring). I have preload at half way into with no flutter.

#9 ·
Temjin006,

Thank you for the idea. I have not messed with the preload yet but might have to. When you say half way, approx how many turns are you talking about for the preload dial.

#11 ·
When I had the preload screw all the way out, I had boost leak like the DV was opening as spring wasnt stiff enough. I basically looked at the length at zero preload and just turn screw half way from there.

I remember once I had the piston stuck on partial opening and it fluttered. This was after I swapped to the yellow spring, I guess the piston somehow wasnt aligned correctly. Take your DV out and inspect it, push the piston and see if it ever get stuck. Try pushing your thumb againast piston at the edge to force piston to go up at a slight angle.

#12 ·
I've experienced the flutter with my synapse DV since the day I installed it. Personally I thought my turbo lag improved, but I didn't realize the flutter sound was that bad for the turbo.

#13 ·
I want to make sure I'm following everything correctly. The flutter you are having is upon acceleration?

The reason I ask is because I do get a fluttering sound around those RPMs, but only when I just let off the gas.

I want to make sure my Synapse DV is operating optimally.

#14 ·
Yeah, letting off before a shift point is difficult in a CVT. I'm talking about jumping out in front of traffic and letting off.

I'm sure it's in the low boost range though. I do plan on getting an UpRev tune for Saturnalia. I imagine that may get rid of some of the lower psi flutter.

And thank you for the information.

#17 ·
flutter when letting off the accelerator at lower boost levels will result in a flutter. Intake system has nothing to do with it. IF you are running stock boost levels, run a softer diverter spring and the flutter will go away.

#19 ·
ジューク;2057490 said:
So are you saying that if I get a tune, which I intend to do down the road, that I will probably have to replace the soft yellow DV spring with the stiffer DV spring that originally came in the Synapse DV?
You only need a stiffer spring if you plan on running anything more than 14psi. Other than being able to hold more boost pressure, there is absolutely no advantage to running a stiffer spring or an aftermarket diverter valve. The OE valve is the same for the nismo and the normal juke, meaning the engineers at Nissan sawe that the OE valve can hold up to 14psi with no problem. IF it ain't broke, don't fix it.

This post has been deleted
#20 ·
After all the back and forth and trying to make the Synapse DV work with the yellow spring I ended up going back to my stock DV and with my high boost at 16lbs (Nismo RS levels) I am not having any issues at all and intercooler kit I got from MRP the system is perfect.

jstaples17

#21 ·
The increased volume from the fmic kit will also reduce chances of flutter from a harder spring. When the pressure releases the percentage of air needed to be released to reduce the over all pressure is less. Glad you are enjoying the kit jstaples!

#24 ·
Great thread for RS owners IMO.
I have to have another go and get mine installed again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.