Key Fob Problems
NEWS

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Key Fob Problems

Key Fob Problems

So i just purchased a used 2011 Juke

The key fob will only occasionally work.

The console always flashes the key symbol, which is Yellow. The Manual says this indicates that the key is not nearby (green means the battery is low).

I hold the key up to the push-start button and the car beeps, then allows me to start it. It will then start flashing the yellow key light again while i'm driving letting me know the key isn't nearby.

I tried replacing the battery just in case with my back up key fob that wasn't programmed, and this didn't fix the issue either. Google isn't turning anything up.

Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Did you purchase it used from a Nissan dealership? I would take it back to them and tell them whats going on and if its a good dealership they will fix it free of charge if you just bought it.
    2012 Juke SV FWD CVT Sapphire Black|55w 8k DDM Tuning HID's|Injen Black SRI|Injen Black IC Pipes|Plasti-dip wheels blue metallic black|Tanabe Strut Bar|Megan Racing Coilovers|Injen Test Pipe|2J Racing Lightweight Crank Pulley|Injen 3" Cat-Back Exhaust|ProSport Evo Boost Gauge|Synapse DV|Custom Lower IC pipe|EcuTek Stage 1 tune|Saikou Michi dual OCC
    My Build Thread
    Torque Pro android phone App with ELM 327 OBDII Bluetooth Diagnostic Scanner

I don't know about the light flashing green my battery hasn't run out yet but it sounds like it is low. Was the spare fob an original? You said it wasn't programmed. Did they not give you two with the car? I would take it back to them and see what they say. They should at least diagnose it for free since you just purchased it there.
    I FINALLY HAVE IT!!! 2012 SV Electic Blue MT with gray interior. 7 months I waited for this order! Painted Gator Eyes blue, Custom exhaust 3" downpipe to 2" dual side pipes

This sort of happens to me every few weeks. I'll be driving and the key light will come on, it never stays on too long though. I just ignore it for the most part because my car has never not started.
    2012 Juke SV 6MT
    1990 240SX

Appreciate all the suggestions here. Wanted to let you guys know the issue has indeed been resolved.

I took it back to the dealership and it was a dead battery issue even though the indicator light on the juke was yellow instead of green. For some reason the Juke wasn't detecting the low battery like it should have, is what the dealership said.

Turns out my 2nd key fob was completely dead and wouldn't work at all (which is why i thought it wasn't programmed). Replaced the battery in both and all is well.

Thanks guys!

7. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.