Engine noise above 4k

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engine noise above 4k

Engine noise above 4k

I've looked to see if there were any threads on this i couldn't find one. So here is my question, is there anyway to quiet down the high pitch engine sound after 4k rpms? Maybe its just my juker doing this but i notice this sound and it makes me wanna shift before 4k. I just installed sri/axleback in hopes it might over ride the sound. I understand it is probably due to the small 1.6 engine (smallest I've ever had) and completely normal but I'd like to ring out some gears every now again without hearing this noise

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

are u running 87 regular?

send from my jukefone

nope premium all the way got use too the price before i wrecked my speed3. even though the dealership swore it took regular when i bought the car i did little research here on the forums and then the manual found they were wrong. i don't believe this is abnormal just the sound of the engine at high rpms. to be honest you cant even hear the growl of the sri which i hoped would drown out the sound of engine. before i traded in for my speed3 i had just a 3 and had a similar issue with the sound of the engine. put in a sri and problem was solved

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

where is the all mighty curious to chime in on this one????

Quote Originally Posted by tebo214 View Post
    where is the all mighty curious to chime in on this one????
    I don't think he checks the forum every hour
    2012 Juke SL AWD Sapphire Black
    Hidden Content

Well lets see I have a stillen catback and a Sri on top of all my other mods and one thing is the stillens have a little bit of a drone too them. I don't blame that so much on them as the juke already having a lot of outside engine or road noise to begin with. You have tha lovely sound you hear when driving and when you brake at a light you get to hear your fuel injectors ticking away. I would say just crank up the radio it's the easiest thing to do to solve the problem.

Ps: curious has a lot on his plate with not only solving problems on this forum to curing cancer let alone with Xmas around the corner with gettin those presents to all the kids of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by cypherman1135 View Post
    Well lets see I have a stillen catback and a Sri on top of all my other mods and one thing is the stillens have a little bit of a drone too them. I don't blame that so much on them as the juke already having a lot of outside engine or road noise to begin with. You have tha lovely sound you hear when driving and when you brake at a light you get to hear your fuel injectors ticking away. I would say just crank up the radio it's the easiest thing to do to solve the problem.
    Thumbs up on the radio, I have the CAI and it roars while reving up (compared to stock) but only when I mute the radio, which is rare.

Quote Originally Posted by cypherman1135 View Post
    Ps: curious has a lot on his plate with not only solving problems on this forum to curing cancer let alone with Xmas around the corner with gettin those presents to all the kids of the world.
    He also strips on the weekend

Ill try to see if i can get a decent video with my phone and try to capture the sound im hearing

If its an air sucking sound combined with the exaust drone that's normal. I have the intercooler pipes by gtm in with 16psi of boost and you then can add the sound of air flowing through those pipes also. If you want cheap turn the radio up or if you want expensive you could sound proof the car with some material. I personally like to hear what my car sounds like even if it would annoy me so I know my car is running ok.

I'd have to say that my Juke's engine is the 'noisiest' engine of any car I've been in. I don't mean noisy in terms of 'intake growl' or exhaust purr, but just the sheer amount of mechanical clicking and ticking and whirring and rattling. Particularly unusual is the 'diesel clatter' that tends to start up when you rev up under light load - step on the gas to accelerate and then back off at your desired speed; here comes the clatter!

Plus, there's almost never any intake growl IMHO, because once the turbo spools up, that sound gets eaten by the turbo. That's probably why the VW GTI and Ford Focus ST use those sound pipes that go from the area between the actual intake manifold and the turbo up into the cabin to add that sound back in. I was curious what the turbo sounded like so I removed my intake snorkel from the air box. When you gun the engine it sort of 'farts' and then the turbo spools up and you just get a woosh of air being sucked in. By comparison, my partner's 2012 Focus (just a regular focus) has a much prettier intake growl and even some exhaust purr.

I've basically just learned that my car makes noises that are kind of uncouth, and I just drive the crap out of it anyway.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.