IC Hard Pipe Replacement Kit Available Soon - Page 8
NEWS

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

View Poll Results: IC Hard Pipe Options

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • IC Flex Hose Replace Kit (Black)

26 55.32%
  • IC Flex Hose Replace Kit (Polish)

18 38.30%
  • Charge Pipe Kit (Black)

19 40.43%
  • Charge Pipe Kit (Polish)

14 29.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: IC Hard Pipe Replacement Kit Available Soon

Could the MPG gain be that the engine is running less rich and less restricted with the intake and exhaust mods?
    2011 Nissan Juke SL AWD CVT
    Cayenne Red
    2012 Nissan Juke SV AWD CVT

Electric Blue
    Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
    TAKE THE COLOR POLL
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by msagustin View Post
    Could the MPG gain be that the engine is running less rich and less restricted with the intake and exhaust mods?
    I'm sure there's less restriction now and the entire system is running far more efficiently...I also know my AFR's didn't change at all so I can't say that its running any richer or leaner...The ECU continues to do a great job readjusting itself nicely to all the mods...But I didn't expect by replacing all the IC flex hose and plastic stock charge pipe with hard pipe to see any further improvement to mpg's...Originally, after the install of a 2.5" Catback and CAI a while back I did see a 2-3mpg improvement ....Now I'm averaging ~28mpg just around town now and my AFR's continue to remain the same....
    Last edited by curious; 02-25-2012 at 07:31 PM.

FYI...

Just some install tips that may help...

Install is much easier if you first remove the left flex hose first and then this will allow you more room to remove the bracket holding the right plastic IC outlet pipe! Once you remove "all" the hose clamps you then simply slide the right IC hose (which is still attached to the plastic IC pipe) down and out the bottom...Install of IC hardpipes start with right side and then finish up left hard pipe...

Its interesting how more efficient the turbo spools now with all of the flex hose gone. Before the install I noticed at WOT the boost gauge would read just under 12 pounds of boost. Now with the hard pipes at WOT it reads just under 14.

Quote Originally Posted by jlgurne View Post
    Its interesting how more efficient the turbo spools now with all of the flex hose gone. Before the install I noticed at WOT the boost gauge would read just under 12 pounds of boost. Now with the hard pipes at WOT it reads just under 14.
    Yes it definetly noticeable...more than I thought it would be...And that seems to agree with Injen's reported gain of (+8hp) (with the replacement of only one flex hose and charge pipe) which is roughly equivalent to 1-2psi boost pressure increase...I also found after my install I had to "dial" my manual boost controller back down 1-2psi to +16psi....

ARF
    Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post
    FYI...

Just some install tips that may help...

Install is much easier if you first remove the left flex hose first and then this will allow you more room to remove the bracket holding the right plastic IC outlet pipe! Once you remove "all" the hose clamps you then simply slide the right IC hose (which is still attached to the plastic IC pipe) down and out the bottom...Install of IC hardpipes start with right side and then finish up left hard pipe...
    Two questions...
    Do you need to get underneath the car if you do it this way?
    I only get a boost reading from y gauge...where did you tap it to get vacuum/boost

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
    Gun Metal AWD SL, , The Shop 3" turbo back dual exhaust, 3" CAI & Downpipe. Forge IC, Tial QR DV, EcuTek tune, BNR TD04 19t/HL turbo. 370z sport brake package. BC coilovers, impul braces, IRZ strut. Rays VR.G2 20x9 Wheels, Hankook V12 Evo 245/35/20. HID retro xenon lights. 38% tint, Nismo front, side & Spoiler. Sound- IPad mini HU, Audison Bit One & Voce 5.1k Amp. Morel Supremo soundstage & dual 10" Ultimo SC Sub. Sparco Milano seats

Quote Originally Posted by ARF View Post
    Two questions...
    I only get a boost reading from y gauge...where did you tap it to get vacuum/boost

You definitely need to get under the car to do this. I tapped into the line coming off the DV.

Two questions...

hey ARF...

You will need to raise the front end up a bit to get under to loosen up the lower IC outlet hose clamp to remove and replace...

Boost / Vacuum source:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IC Hard Pipe Replacement Kit Available Soon-boost-gauge-source.jpg   IC Hard Pipe Replacement Kit Available Soon-juke-intercooler-piping.jpg  

ARF
    Is 14463pa being replaced only on that side?
    Thanks... I will move where I am tapping the boost. I was getting it before the solenoid

Gun Metal AWD SL, , The Shop 3" turbo back dual exhaust, 3" CAI & Downpipe. Forge IC, Tial QR DV, EcuTek tune, BNR TD04 19t/HL turbo. 370z sport brake package. BC coilovers, impul braces, IRZ strut. Rays VR.G2 20x9 Wheels, Hankook V12 Evo 245/35/20. HID retro xenon lights. 38% tint, Nismo front, side & Spoiler. Sound- IPad mini HU, Audison Bit One & Voce 5.1k Amp. Morel Supremo soundstage & dual 10" Ultimo SC Sub. Sparco Milano seats

Is 14463pa being replaced only on that side?
    Thanks... I will move where I am tapping the boost. I was getting it before the solenoid

Yes...from "lower" IC outlet to charge pipe those two pieces are replaced with one solid 2.5" hard pipe

12. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.