Engine noise

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engine noise

Engine noise

Anyone else notice a ticking noise when you first start the car? And also sometimes at idol?
    I took it to the dealer and they said that it is normal for the juke to make that noise because of the new fuel system the car uses.... But it is way too weird for me to think it is normal.

Also a light almost grinding noise when shifting gears coming from the tranny??
    dealer said it is normal noise for a manually operated transmission....

Any comments or facts would be greatly appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

I'm not sure what the ticking sound is exactly, but based on a little googling, most direct-injected gas cars make some sort of typewriter clatter (the ticking sound.) Maybe it's the high pressure fuel pump for the injectors? The juke's is rather loud.

Quote Originally Posted by JDM Sex-O View Post
    Anyone else notice a ticking noise when you first start the car? And also sometimes at idol?
    I took it to the dealer and they said that it is normal for the juke to make that noise because of the new fuel system the car uses.... But it is way too weird for me to think it is normal.

Also a light almost grinding noise when shifting gears coming from the tranny??
    dealer said it is normal noise for a manually operated transmission....

Any comments or facts would be greatly appreciated!
    What you call "ticking noise" is the typical sound made from a DIG (Direct Injection Gas) engine...

Now the "light grinding noise" from your manual tranny your hearing ...not so much...at least I'm not hearing any sounds what so ever coming from mine...matter of fact this is one of the smoothest shifting manuals I've even driven...did Service take it out for a ride when you brought it into them?
    Last edited by curious; 01-13-2012 at 10:48 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Yes I did drive the head mechanic at the dealer. He said "well your driving a manual car, it's normal to make noise." I told him my 89 Nissan doesn't make that noise. It's some bull**** of you ask me.
    And I agree it is one of the smoothest manual cars.

They did say that my AC compressor was making a weird noise. It's pretty loud! So they changed it and it still makes the noise.....
    And they scratched up my bumper and broke a clip off of the side trim....

Quote Originally Posted by JDM Sex-O View Post
    Yes I did drive the head mechanic at the dealer. He said "well your driving a manual car, it's normal to make noise." I told him my 89 Nissan doesn't make that noise. It's some bull**** of you ask me.
    And I agree it is one of the smoothest manual cars.
    yeah..That is bull...its unfortunate that many Service guys try to blow ya off quickly by saying things are normal hoping you'll never return....and they scratched your Juke on top of this!! BASTARDS!!

tell me about it.... but i got it all fixed up cause somebody kit me and put a smal scratch on my bumper. so insurance covered a bunch of ****. haha

I would definitely take those issues up with your dealer & if they are unresponsive contact Nissan USA. If nothing else, you should be able to get some free accessories out of the deal.

I took my Juke in to get some AC issues resolved and they left a few minor marks where they had to remove the dash. The dealer offered to replace the entire dash to make it right; luckily for them they were able to bring in a detailer who was able to remove the scratches.
    Juke S AWD (Graphite Blue)
    Mods = Injen SRI, Stillen axleback exhaust, Freepower throttle controller, Yakima roofrack w/ basketcase, Botek armrest, Infinity Kappa 6 3/4" Speakers, fully dynamatted doors, floor & roof.

I did let the had service manager know the issues but I ended up getting it taken care of either way.

every engine is going to make noise.

its either from the injectors, valves, spark plugs/ignition system, or piston slap

13. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.