Oil Change
NEWS

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oil Change

Oil Change

I can't find this anywhere in the manual or online.

-How often do you have to change oil in the Juke?
    -What kind of oil does it take? Regular, synthetic? Any recomended brand? (Castrol, Mobile...)

My Juke is 2012. Is there a difference when it comes to parts between 2012 and 2011?

Thanks Guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Yes its in the maintenance booklet (not in the big manual). Its between 3,750 and 7,500 miles depending on the severity of how you drive. I think I'll go with 5,000 since thats a pretty typical interval and I would rate my driving between the two severities (the maintenance booklet gives a good explanation). You can use whatever type of oil you choose, but its best not to switch back and forth between conventional and synthetic. There is no mechanical difference between the 2011 and 2012.

Oil selection: Synthetic or Dino oil for Juke
    Oil filters: Oil Filter choices - Juke
    Synthetic oil: Switching to synthetic oil
    You may want to have the dealer change the oil the first time due to how tight the filter may be: Oil change woes...
    Remember the crush washer replacement: Oil Change - Change your crush washer!
    ~ 2012 Electric Blue SV AWD Juke with black cloth & silver interior ~
    additions: spoiler, mud guards, UK armrest,
    K&N filter, Ventureshield paint protection film, fog lights, auto dimming Homelink mirror, exhaust finisher, cargo cover, bumper protector, mesh grill kit, deadpedal rubber tread cover

What TG said, EXCEPT there is absolutely no reason not to switch back and forth between synthetic and dino (if you so desire, I can't think of why one would). There's no reason why they aren't 100% compatible. As a matter of fact, some oil companies market blends.

That said my personal choice has been synthetic at the first oil change for decades. Usually M1, but I've also used Castrol, Amsoil and other brands.

I've chosen to stick with M1 for the Juke.

Also, in a career of servicing vehicles I've never had an oil filter that was troublesome to get off with the right tools (cap or strap type wrench). I didn't read the thread about the one exception, but I'll guess it was an exceptionally rare happening. If you're honestly that worried about something like that, put down the wrenches and have someone else service your vehicle.

EDIT - oh, I remember that thread now - it wasn't a too tight filter, it was a tight drain plug (but my advice remains the same, if you can't handle that, then think twice). That's funny, that thread was the exchange that prompted Bill to send really juvinile PMs and get himself banned.
    Last edited by Kev m; 11-27-2011 at 08:29 PM.

well imho.. i recc 3750 miles TOPS on dino and 5k tops on ANY synth. that small turbo can dirty up oil like u cant believe. STAY AWAY from the reccomended services from anyone unless u see them in the book. a incorrectly done injector service will distroy a turbo

Thanks for all the great feedback.

I have free oil changes from my dealer. I'm going to let him do my first one, but I don't know after that. For some reason I just don't trust dealers and god knows what cheap crap oil they might put into my engine. I use to work for a Nissan dealer, so I have my reasons

Is our turbo engines that high performance that we have to change our oil every single 3,750 miles? I'm at 3,500 miles and about to go get my first oil change. I don't understand why every 3,750 miles though and I would be in the severe driving category.

I don't know if this is a myth, but I heard that turbo engines have oil build up in the intercooler. Some say this is a good thing because oil protects from dust and molecules that could be harmfull to the turbo. This is my first turbo car. I had a 2006 mini cooper s, 1.6 supercharged. There are a lot of simularities between the juke and the new mini countryman. Mini cooper is made by bmw and like bmws mini cooper are very unreliable. Thats why I went with a juke, plus parts are cheaper than for a mini

Quote Originally Posted by Rat48 View Post
    I don't know if this is a myth, but I heard that turbo engines have oil build up in the intercooler. Some say this is a good thing because oil protects from dust and molecules that could be harmfull to the turbo. This is my first turbo car. I had a 2006 mini cooper s, 1.6 supercharged. There are a lot of simularities between the juke and the new mini countryman. Mini cooper is made by bmw and like bmws mini cooper are very unreliable. Thats why I went with a juke, plus parts are cheaper than for a mini
    Myth, oil does not pass through the intercooler. The air goes through the air filter before reaching the intercooler/turbo so it is already clean.

Quote Originally Posted by we5leyz View Post
    Is our turbo engines that high performance that we have to change our oil every single 3,750 miles? I'm at 3,500 miles and about to go get my first oil change. I don't understand why every 3,750 miles though and I would be in the severe driving category.
    I don't know bro, hopefully someone will answer this question Wesley

i recc 3750 because of what i've seen on the jukes that are here in indiana. 5k is tops on that engine. imho. the oil is very black at 4k and up. not that that is an issue but at the rpms the engine runs and the little oil passages in the cooler for the turbo i would not switch between types or diff componies oils. same through and through.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.