Gasoline smell from Juke
NEWS

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gasoline smell from Juke

KL1

Gasoline smell from Juke

I think my Juke has been getting anxiety from it's 1st birthday.

Last week I began to smell unburned fuel coming from under the hood. The vents were sucking this vapor in and it was pretty evident that I had a leak somewhere.

I took it into the local dealer and they have had it a few days(service is closed on Sundays). They called me last night to inform me that they found a leaky seal connecting the Fuel Pressure Regulator. They removed it, cleaned it and re-sealed and re installed it.

I will pick it up today after work and hopefully all is well. I also had them do the ECU reprogram(had no CEL so never bothered) and fix some rattles/squeaks while they have it.

This Fuel Pressure Regulator is something that we haven't seen problems with, so I figured I'd put it out there in case someone sees similar problems.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Ah the smell of raw fuel throught the vents.

My '02 WRX smelled like gas every winter and Subaru told me and thousands of others tough. I think it was 2009 that they finaly released a TSB on it.
    I drive a little red frog.

My Juke is in the shop for the same thing. I was smelling gas fumes through the vents. It has been in the shop sense yesterday morning and they have still not found any leaks or anything. They stated that this has been a problem with the Jukes and they should know what is causing it. Lets hope they do know how to fix it so they hae no more problems.

KL1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsidwell View Post
    My Juke is in the shop for the same thing. I was smelling gas fumes through the vents. It has been in the shop sense yesterday morning and they have still not found any leaks or anything. They stated that this has been a problem with the Jukes and they should know what is causing it. Lets hope they do know how to fix it so they hae no more problems.
    The tech doing my car didn't have any prior knowledge about it being a problem so he had to do good ole fashion detective work. Once he located the leak, it was just a matter of ripping out all of the things that are in the way and then the fix was easy.

Hope they get your's back to you soon.

I've got the same problem. I'm going to call the dealer in the morning.

Thanks for this thread.

we've had only 2 for that regulator leaking. it seems to have no rhyme or reason.

I just brought my Juke in this morning for the same problem. Hopefully they can fix the little guy soon.

Haven't experienced it in my Juke but I had more than once in the Altima I traded in.

I Finally got it back after two weeks of having the dealer looking into it. They ended up having to call Nissan Tech to send them the right part. They ended up replacing the fuel rail and now i have had it for about two week and everything seems to be working fine. Lets hope i dont have to deal with that again.

KL1
    Mine has been fine since they re-did the seal on the fuel pressure sensor.

I wonder how many different fuel problems we'll find.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.