Oil leak?

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oil leak?

Oil leak?

My wife's Juke just surpassed 16,000 miles. The Dealership has done all the maintenance up until now, except for an air filter I just installed... which is how I noticed the black gunk all over the front of the engine. It looks like it has been leaking awhile based on the amount of it. I crawled underneath and there is fresh oil all around the edge of the pan too.
    So has anyone else started having leaks with this low of mileage?
    And what, if anything will NISSAN do to fix it?
    Any tips for handling this with the service dept would be appreciated. I JUST had it in for service and it kind of ticks me off that it's obviously been leaking awhile and they just ignored it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

ReallY? No response....

Going to take the car in tomorrow morning. It must be a fluke thing if no one else is having similar problems. Will give an update after I talk to the service department.

I havn't done my first oil change yet, nor looked where the oil filter is. Could the oil have been from removing the filter?
    Sure therapy helps, but screaming obscenities is cheaper.

Hopefully repaired by tomorrow.

Service manager seemed surprised that it was leaking with such low mileage.
    Supposedly they had a "senior" mechanic take a look at it and he was able to detect the part that was leaking. It was not the filter or the pan. They had the part in stock but were going to need a couple of days.
    Sent me home with a rental car and will call me tomorrow if it is ready to pick up.
    I'll post the results of the repair and the name of the part they are replacing. Something for other Juke owners to look out for.

Sounds fishey to me... but if their correcting it let them I guess. Especially with a rental, they musta mucked something up bad and realized they need to clean it up.

Few days ago this girl i'm dating got her oil changed and they didn't put the cap back on... f'in noobs.

possible leak ??

I took my car in for a 6 month check up to the orignal dealer in Orange County. The service dept reported a leak in the front timing chain cover and wanted to fix it on a weekday. This was not convenient for me so I took it to a local dealer. They in turn wanted to inspect it and found seepage but could not identify where the leak was coming from. They put dye in the oil and it was suggested I drive for another 1 000 miles then bring the car back for another inspection. I will since the car is under warranty but I do have some concern that the car is only 6 months old with 6 800 miles and some possible leakage ~

I would be curious to know what said part was that they replaced. Turbos have a tendency to leak more than others. Valve cover gaskets are a good place to start on new cars as well.

Took my Juke in this morning for service 25,000 miles (I've been using synthetic oil since the second oil change so my services are a little off do to synthetic oil lasting a little longer. I get it changed every 5,000 miles.) they called me about 25 minutes after I dropped it off notifing me that there is an oil leak comming from the front cover. So I'm guessing this happened within the last 5,000 miles...it better have. Still pretty disappointed especially this being my first brand new car purchased. Every thing is going to be covered under warranty and they offered a free rental because the part I'm guessing gasket had to be ordered. Just hoping this is an isolated incident. Also a word of advice to all Juke owners or vehicle owners at that...!!Make sure the dealer rotates your tires when they are supposed to!! I was washing my Juke the other day and noticed the threads on my front tires looked a tiny bit lower than the rear tires. Brought that to the service associates attention and they looked it up in the system, my tires were last rotated at 14,500 or so miles my Juke's at 25,000 miles now. I'm sure they wouldn't have had a problem telling me when I needed new tires due to wear so keep an eye on that people.

Having the same issue on both accounts. All of my services have been at the dealer. My front tires are bald and were not rotated with last few oil changes. I was told that they are performance tires and I shouldn't expect much more than 25k out of them. Today I happened to notice(while under the car) that I have a major oil leak (apparently been leaking for a while as it is all over everthing on that side of the motor and has run down onto my lower control arm and all over my half shaft) it appears to be comming from a seal that obviously isn't a factory seal (it is a gloppy grey mess). Since the only work I have had done thus far was regular oil changes and the timimg chain recall I assume it was from the recall.

11. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.