IAT Sensor rollcall
NEWS

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IAT Sensor rollcall

IAT Sensor rollcall

Just curious of how many have had the iat sensor pop as I did?
    Has anyone who has had theirs fixed had it happen again or is the replacement been modified to be better?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Mine popped off Saturday (Juke bought in December 2010 and has 5,500 miles on it). I little epoxy, 3 cable ties and in about 5 minutes it was as good as new. Down the road if Nissan issues a recall for this and it gets fixed I will still spend the 60 cents and put 3 more cable ties around the sensor.

A word of advice to anyone reading this whose sensor has not popped off. Go out and spend $5 on a small tube of quick dry epoxy and six 12" long cable ties. Keep them in your Juke just in case. Better yet, spend the 5 minutes looking to see where the sensor is and secure those cable ties around it.
    Juke S AWD (Graphite Blue)
    Mods = Injen SRI, Stillen axleback exhaust, Freepower throttle controller, Yakima roofrack w/ basketcase, Botek armrest, Infinity Kappa 6 3/4" Speakers, fully dynamatted doors, floor & roof.

Mine has not popped off yet, but in anticipation of possible issues with the SRI I went ahead and epoxyed(sp?) and zip-tied mine (2). this is what I used... I think the psi should suffice but not 100% sure on the temp, it seems to still be ok 4 days later. O but be sure to use LOTS of ventillation!! this stuff is really smelly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IAT Sensor rollcall-dsc00029.jpg   IAT Sensor rollcall-dsc00028.jpg  
    '11 Gun Metal SLAWD

Mine popped a couple of months ago at the track. It took about a month to receive a replacement. The replacement lasted longer than the original and took about the same beating and held, so I assume it's better. I have since purchased GTM's metal piping to prevent the problem from ever happening again.

That said, I have the replacement stocker hanging around and will be willing to part with it for shipping. It's a free part we're entitled to under warranty, so it wouldn't be right to sell it... If you want to avoid the wait.
    2012 Sapphire Black AWD SL
    Injen SRI, LEDs, 2J Racing Pulley, Hallman Pro MBC, Stillen Axleback

I think I remember someone who had done the zip tie thing and still had it pop. Also I was under the impression if it pops the car goes into "limp" mode and you still have to take it in to be serviced.
    zeeatomz

Quote Originally Posted by zeeatomz View Post
    I think I remember someone who had done the zip tie thing and still had it pop. Also I was under the impression if it pops the car goes into "limp" mode and you still have to take it in to be serviced.
    zeeatomz
    Not sure if it will pop off with the zip ties; I used 3 of them (over the middle and each end of the sensor) so it is pretty damn secure. As soon as I re-secured and ziptied the sensor my Juke went back to normal mode, no service was needed.

If the sensor poppped completely off and you had no way of securing it might be an issue driving. Another temporary fix would be to wrap duct tape around the pipe and sesnsor to keep it in place..
    Juke S AWD (Graphite Blue)
    Mods = Injen SRI, Stillen axleback exhaust, Freepower throttle controller, Yakima roofrack w/ basketcase, Botek armrest, Infinity Kappa 6 3/4" Speakers, fully dynamatted doors, floor & roof.

Limp mode limits the RPM to 2500 I believe. This means you would be able to hit about 55. Going downhill lol. Trust me...

so how about the code that it throws on the dash that lights up the service engine soon light? how can we get rid of that? besides taking it to the stealership?
    2011 NISSAN JUKE SV (SuperVeloce) AWD
    wheel locks, Injen cold air intake, wine rack kit, 35% tint, Chick Magnet 9000, Stillen axle-back exhaust

future mods:
    led, rims and tires, Stillen Mid-pipe

Quote Originally Posted by jukesy View Post
    so how about the code that it throws on the dash that lights up the service engine soon light? how can we get rid of that? besides taking it to the stealership?
    It's a vacuum code. Once you zip-tie it or otherwise fox it and drive it for awhile, it will clear itself. Or you can disconnect the battery and reconnect it. Or you can just have the dealer clear it since you should take it to them anyways.

hey turtle how is that gtm intercooler piping working for you? im planning to get it since i get annoyed at the thought that the plastic pipping is Bullcraph..
    2011 NISSAN JUKE SV (SuperVeloce) AWD
    wheel locks, Injen cold air intake, wine rack kit, 35% tint, Chick Magnet 9000, Stillen axle-back exhaust

future mods:
    led, rims and tires, Stillen Mid-pipe

12. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.