2011 Juke tire pressure monitor issue
NEWS

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Juke tire pressure monitor issue

2011 Juke tire pressure monitor issue

Hi All!

I have been checking this forum out for a while and thank you for all the information. It's nice to know people are having similar thoughts about the rattling and the MPG (mine is between 26-27 but I commute from philly to Allentown and it is up hill for a lot of that drive which does not help). Just for background I have a AWD 2011 Juke in Gunmetal Silver. I love my car and its an awesome car for as much as I drive. I'm a converted Mini owner.

Anyway my issue is with my tire pressure monitor. My car has been to the dealership 4 or 5 times since I got it (it has 11,600 miles on it, I commute 500 miles a week). They continue to reset the system, but it just comes back to being an issue a day or two later. I have pulled over on the highway multiple times to check pressure to find it to be ok. I run my tires in the winter at 35 psi per the dealership recommendation.

Is anyone else having this issue? Anyone else find a fix for it? I'm about to just pull the fuse from the system just to stop the light. This issue really is a pain to deal with.

Thanks for any advice anyone can give.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Are you saying the tires are fully inflated but the TPMS is telling you 1 or more are low?
    SL, AWD, CVT, SPORT PAK, CHROME PAK, GUNMETAL WHEELS, ROOF SPOILER, INTERIOR ILLUMINATION, LEATHER, NAVI, FOSGATE, ALARM IMPACT SENSOR, ILLUMINATED KICK PLATES, SPLASH GUARDS, FLOOR MATS, AND YES, IT HAS EVERY OPTION! K&N AIR FILTER, K&N OIL FILTER.

Exactly what I am saying. Every day during my commute.

It could be a faulty sensor or 2 in the wheel itself causing the fault. I haven't had that problem but the dealer needs to check those sensors because they do go bad even on new cars.
    SL, AWD, CVT, SPORT PAK, CHROME PAK, GUNMETAL WHEELS, ROOF SPOILER, INTERIOR ILLUMINATION, LEATHER, NAVI, FOSGATE, ALARM IMPACT SENSOR, ILLUMINATED KICK PLATES, SPLASH GUARDS, FLOOR MATS, AND YES, IT HAS EVERY OPTION! K&N AIR FILTER, K&N OIL FILTER.

They say they have for the last 4 times Ive had it in. I was really hoping the recall would help this.

a sensor needs to be replaced.. sounds like your dealer is to cheap or lazy to do the warranty work..insist on it...have him replace all 4 sensors if they can not isolate the problem..you should know that more than 3 times back to the dealer for the same problem evokes the lemon law act.. remind them of that!

That has to be a pain in the a$$, and very annoying to say the least, you would think a simple problem like the TPMS fault would be a 1st time fix with no repeated visits. It sounds like they may not be not taking time to find the exact cause. Have you ask if they have tried replacing the sensors in the wheels?

They have not tried replacing the sensor at the wheels. Maybe I should email Nissan and alert them of the issue as well. I will have the call the dealership today and remind them of the lemon law act. Thank you for that information.

Now you're thinking, call, email and demand some answers.

TSB bulletin...

• IF YOU CONFIRM The TPMS warning light is illuminated steady or flashing. ACTIONS STEP 1: Turn the ignition to "OFF" and then "ON" position (engine not required to be running). If the TPMS warning lamp is illuminated steady (not flashing), the TPMS is operating normally and has detected low tire pressure in one of the tires. Go to STEP 2. If the TPMS warning lamp is flashing for approximately one minute, there is a TPMS system malfunction. Do not go to step 2. Instead, check the DTC and refer to the Service Manual for repair instructions. STEP 2: Leave the ignition in the "ON" position* (engine is not required to be running) and set the tire pressure to the recommended pressure. See this bulletin for further detail.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.