Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

2011 Juke tire pressure monitor issue

40K views 45 replies 30 participants last post by  Cindyd 
#1 ·
Hi All!

I have been checking this forum out for a while and thank you for all the information. It's nice to know people are having similar thoughts about the rattling and the MPG (mine is between 26-27 but I commute from philly to Allentown and it is up hill for a lot of that drive which does not help). Just for background I have a AWD 2011 Juke in Gunmetal Silver. I love my car and its an awesome car for as much as I drive. I'm a converted Mini owner.

Anyway my issue is with my tire pressure monitor. My car has been to the dealership 4 or 5 times since I got it (it has 11,600 miles on it, I commute 500 miles a week). They continue to reset the system, but it just comes back to being an issue a day or two later. I have pulled over on the highway multiple times to check pressure to find it to be ok. I run my tires in the winter at 35 psi per the dealership recommendation.

Is anyone else having this issue? Anyone else find a fix for it? I'm about to just pull the fuse from the system just to stop the light. This issue really is a pain to deal with.

Thanks for any advice anyone can give.

See less See more
#2 ·
Are you saying the tires are fully inflated but the TPMS is telling you 1 or more are low?

#4 ·
It could be a faulty sensor or 2 in the wheel itself causing the fault. I haven't had that problem but the dealer needs to check those sensors because they do go bad even on new cars.

#6 ·
a sensor needs to be replaced.. sounds like your dealer is to cheap or lazy to do the warranty work..insist on it...have him replace all 4 sensors if they can not isolate the problem..you should know that more than 3 times back to the dealer for the same problem evokes the lemon law act.. remind them of that!

#7 ·
That has to be a pain in the a$$, and very annoying to say the least, you would think a simple problem like the TPMS fault would be a 1st time fix with no repeated visits. It sounds like they may not be not taking time to find the exact cause. Have you ask if they have tried replacing the sensors in the wheels?

#9 ·
Now you're thinking, call, email and demand some answers.

#10 ·
TSB bulletin...

• IF YOU CONFIRM The TPMS warning light is illuminated steady or flashing. ACTIONS STEP 1: Turn the ignition to "OFF" and then "ON" position (engine not required to be running). If the TPMS warning lamp is illuminated steady (not flashing), the TPMS is operating normally and has detected low tire pressure in one of the tires. Go to STEP 2. If the TPMS warning lamp is flashing for approximately one minute, there is a TPMS system malfunction. Do not go to step 2. Instead, check the DTC and refer to the Service Manual for repair instructions. STEP 2: Leave the ignition in the "ON" position* (engine is not required to be running) and set the tire pressure to the recommended pressure. See this bulletin for further detail.

#14 ·
I am having the same TPSM malfunction problem and it is driving me insane! I have spent at least 12 hours at the service center, over 3 or 4 visits, and they still haven't fixed it.

They replaced two of them and brought me back there to show me that they were having trouble linking them to the car because their sensor couldn't read the tire sensor through the tire...not sure why this is, but I saw it happen...

I have a full size spare in the back and I was wondering if anyone knows if the spare has a sensor? I have read that some cars monitor all five, so I the spare could just be over inflated. I did ask my service dude and he said it doesn't have a sensor, but I have kind of lost faith in them = /

If anyone has any ideas please let me know...this started 2 days after I bought my Juke and I am just spending way to much time going back and forth with a brand new car : (

#17 · (Edited)
the spare shouldn't have a TPMS sensor...its a spare and not meant for extended driving...

As for the person with the TPMS issues..Insist that Nissan replaces all 4 sensors at once and reset..I'm really surprised they didn't do this... if that doesn't fix it then its an issue with the receiving module or computer..

#19 ·
Needs full reprogram

Dude, I had the dealer throw on Gunmetal rims at the last second which they switched with a diff car, a couple days later tire pressure trouble, i reset successfully and then i got a trouble on the tire monitor system. Took back to dealer and they tried to quickly reset and it worked for a couple days. Being upset, i caused a stir, demanded certified Juke Tech, he said it takes a full reprogram/download and it took some time to download but no probs since. hope this helps!:cool:

#20 ·
I've had my JUke for a month and a half and now 6X the TPMS has blinked a malfunction for a minute, goes solid fora bit then goes back out. All 4 of my tires are inflated to 42#...original from the dealer.
Where is the recommended pressure posted on the Juke? On American cars it's on the drivers door sticker or on the Gas fill door.

#22 ·
It's on the drivers door jam. Open the drivers door and look on the pillar between the two doors. You'll see the tag.
Thanks...was looking on the door itself...silly me!!

#23 ·
when I have had similar issue in another car , its almost always to low , seems everyones gauge is alittle different and the pressure goes down with cool weather , I now run all mine at the max tire pressure cold numbers or with in 1 lb and check with 2 pressure gauges. fixed the issue in the Toyota. no issues with TPMS in the Juke.

#24 ·
I don't like TPMS, but I do understand why it's there. I've been driving a loooong time in cars without TPMS and when the tires were low on air, I checked them and filled them up as required. I guess I'm just old school. Is there a way to disable the TPMS?

Sorry for the hijack.:D

#36 ·
+1 for a disable tip. I don't want to spend the money to put sensors on my new wheels @ $130 a peice, plus labor.

#25 ·
I think I'm having the same sensor issue- The indicator came on, I took it to the dealer to check the pressure and refill (nitro) and the indicator light came back on the next day with no change in the tire pressure after I checked. I'll be going back in on Saturday so I guess I'm going to ask them to check the sensors.

I've got a FWD Gunmetal Juke with 1,000 miles on it.

#26 ·
Nitrogen vs air won't matter too much, not short term anyway. The only real difference between nitrogen and air is the 20% or so oxygen in air (78% or so is nitrogen). Oxygen can retain water and cause corrosion over time. The sensors should be protected from this, but in 10 years it is hard to say.

Eric

#29 ·
Study after study show its better to be running alittle higher pressure in your tires than low pressure. And guess what most people run to low because they never check it. You will have better fuel economy, less hydroplane, better tire wear and better handling, but you will wear alittle faster and launch traction is down along with some slight ride firmness.

#30 ·
Not sure how bumpy the roads are where you live @mkse55, but I think if I inflated my tires much over 35 I would end up with the adult equivalent of shaken baby syndrome. When I got my Juke the tire pressure readings were all over the place with only one of my tires at 35 and the other three were all higher. Every time I hit a bump the tires sounded like an over inflated basketball when it is dribbled and bumps were horrible. I'm riding now at 35 all the way around and big bumps are tolerable at best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.