Check Engine Light on my Juke - Page 26
NEWS

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Check Engine Light on my Juke

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    I guess only time will tell whether they fixed it or not.

I think they have since the number of complaints dropped off drastically after around the 2005 model year and all but disappeared after the 2007 model year.
    Well in the Rogue forum there are some models that still have this problem. And what the dealer has done was replaced them with new transmissions. Well like you said time will tell with the Jukes.
    WhY sOo SeRiOuS

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by testrage View Post
    So the service engine soon light on my Juke switched on over the weekend. Was able to take it in today to get it looked at.

The dealership is saying that it's running too rich (code P0172) and that they are talking with the Nissan techs to get it sorted out. I mentioned the TSB even though the TSB doesn't have this code as one of the watchouts for the ECM reprog.

I'm hoping to hear more tomorrow. I hope I get my Juke back soon though because I really don't like the crappy little Hertz rental Versa they gave me..

Will keep everyone posted if anyone's interested.
    Dealer still has the juke. Seems like it's an issue that has not been seen before. The Service Manager is trying to get someone from Field Service in to take a look at the Juke.

BTW, in case anyone was wondering. Car has 534 miles on it and was on the second tank of gas since I purchased it. Premium fuel only ever used and filled-up at a reputable gas station (Shell).

This Versa still sucks..LOL.
    Current
    - 2013 Honda Accord coupe - Modern Steel Metallic (aka Gray),V6,M6 (my DD appliance )
    - 2013 Dodge Dart - Redline Red (wife's DD)
    - 2010 Nissan GT-R - GMG Premium (weekends)

Check Engine Light

My check engine light came on as well on my Juke. Stalled out on me twice as well. After the second stall I pop the hood and realized my negative battier cable was not even tightened down. I called Nissan told them my car won’t turn over because of it and asked if I could tighten it down not to void my warranty to drive it in to reset the check engine light. Check you cables. Been fine since.

Quote Originally Posted by GRey1 View Post
    I thought the Juke received a different model cvt than the Rogue anyway?
    Front drive Jukes are on an all new CVT. Until recently I thought they all were (as per Jatco's product descriptions on their site). Then I happen to come across a piece on an Automotive Engineers' website. According to them, the AWD Juke is using the Murano transmission with significantly modified computer control and refinement. If that is the case, one would think that the decreased weight of the Juke coupled with the new electronic brains should mitigate any problems. However, I am inclined to believe the information on the Jatco site, as they are a subsidiary of Nissan.

Quote Originally Posted by GIXXER View Post
    Yes I have that. My question is, was the CVT fixed for 2011. Thats why I was thinking of going with the 2011 6 speed. Besides I miss driving a manual. It was so much fun.
    I don't think there is any possible way that Nissan dropped the ball when designing the Juke.

Remember, Juke is a global vehicle. It is being marketed in Europe as the "little brother" or "sequel" to the VERY POPULAR Qashqai model (too bad they don't sell that thing in the US!). Currently, Nissan Qashqai is the 5th best selling car in the UK and has been rated amongst the most reliable cars in the UK as well.

Nissan has released the Juke to the market with considerable fanfare. To follow the stunning success of the Qashqai with an inferior product would spell disaster for Nissan's goals, especially since they are within a couple hundred sales of overtaking Toyota in Britain. Nissan has made no secret about wanting to pull to the front of the Japanese "big 3". First in England, then in Europe, then in the US. Nissan sales growth has been utterly unbelievable during the down market and they seem well on their way.

Juke embodies Nissan's ambition to challenge Toyota and Honda. It is the first of many new and completely revamped models to be released in the next two years. Considering the Juke is like the spearhead of Nissan's new war machine, I have to believe they made it good and durable.

Quote Originally Posted by wryker View Post
    Note that in the US the Juke is a 2011 model and NOT covered by the Nissan CVT extended warranty since it only covers models through 2010.
    Yes. Nissan has refined their CVTs and the original warranty period has been reinstated on 2011 models. To me, the fact that the warranty period is back to normal gives me confidence the problems are fixed. The fact that Nissan extended warranties on nearly an entire decade's worth of vehicles gives me confidence Nissan will stand by me if they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    I guess only time will tell whether they fixed it or not. I think they have since the number of complaints dropped off drastically after around the 2005 model year and all but disappeared after the 2007 model year.
    I agree. I have seen many accounts of high mileage (100-200k) CVTs 2005 to the present with much fewer failures.

Personally, I don't think the Nissan CVT has ever been more prone to fail than most of it's slushbox cousins (under normal conditions). The problem is, when it does fail, the potential is there for a very costly repair (if the problem is in the pulley assembly). The significance of the replacement cost outweighs the significance of the actual failure rate, resulting in an elevated perception the CVTs are prone to fail. Also, it is easy to understand the frustration of total transmission failure on a car that has fewer than 100k miles, which is why I think Nissan extended the warranties.
    Last edited by JukieMcJukerson; 01-19-2011 at 07:16 PM.

Now, well, the service manager addressing my Juke, specifically told me "Sun LEAD sensor"... which I googled and only came up with (sun load sensor) as a match. To be sure, any sensor is linked in the whole macadamia nut mix. Time will tell....

Dealer still has the juke. Seems like it's an issue that has not been seen before. The Service Manager is trying to get someone from Field Service in to take a look at the Juke.

BTW, in case anyone was wondering. Car has 534 miles on it and was on the second tank of gas since I purchased it. Premium fuel only ever used and filled-up at a reputable gas station (Shell).

This Versa still sucks..LOL.
    Finally got my Juke back today from the dealership. They said that they had reprogrammed the ECU but they didn't seem to know anything about the TSB & ECM update that is out for the Jukes.

Feels good to have my car back although they messed around with my settings and the car feels weird. They also put on more than 40 miles trying to identify a so called problem that was causing the car to run rich. Nissan Techs stopped by earlier today and told them that the engine running rich every start-up was because of the ECU cycling to test the injectors or something.

I'm only mentioning all this in case one of you sees anything similar. It might save you 4 days and 40+ miles on your car.

Weekend time..Cheers
    Current
    - 2013 Honda Accord coupe - Modern Steel Metallic (aka Gray),V6,M6 (my DD appliance )
    - 2013 Dodge Dart - Redline Red (wife's DD)
    - 2010 Nissan GT-R - GMG Premium (weekends)

Ive gone 1500 miles since they replaced the fuel rail problem which they said was the problem of my cel. Fingers crossed that ive been cured now too.

My check engine light has not been back on since they did the tsb of flashing the ecm last week.

Wow seems like every Juke has a different problem why the CEL comes on.
    WhY sOo SeRiOuS

40 MILES USED to check the car..sounds like a joyride..maybe someone took it home one night which this dealers always do...

Finally got my Juke back today from the dealership. They said that they had reprogrammed the ECU but they didn't seem to know anything about the TSB & ECM update that is out for the Jukes.

Feels good to have my car back although they messed around with my settings and the car feels weird. They also put on more than 40 miles trying to identify a so called problem that was causing the car to run rich. Nissan Techs stopped by earlier today and told them that the engine running rich every start-up was because of the ECU cycling to test the injectors or something.

I'm only mentioning all this in case one of you sees anything similar. It might save you 4 days and 40+ miles on your car.

Weekend time..Cheers

12. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.