First Oil Change
NEWS

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First Oil Change

Question First Oil Change

Hi All,

Any expert advice if the first oil change should be done really soon (Under 1000 km or 600 miles) or do you all follow the Nissan schedule? I have heard conflicting views. Some say that oil from the factory is formulated for break in and should be run longer and some say its just regular dyno. Any one know for certain what comes in Japanese built Jukes? Should I change my oil to Synthetic right away or should I follow Nissan maintenance Schedule?

By the way, whats the recommended oil weight for Juke? I am just curious and don't have a manual.. Dyno or Syn?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

try this similar thread (in which I learned a new word--"swarf"):

First Oil Change

and here's the thread linking the US manual for a little light reading:

US Owners Manual .pdf
    Last edited by Violet West; 11-04-2010 at 07:58 PM.
    Former Board mommy. Present RAV4 owner.

Ugh... i'm confused to. I'm going to follow the manual...

I was convinced by my Service Manager not to do an early oil change and stick to the schedule. He swears that new cars don't have break-in rules like old cars. It can't hurt my warranty, so I'll let him have this one. Could swear the last page of the manual mentions a break-in period, but whatever. It's covered.
    2011 Chrome Silver Juke SV CVT/AWD
    w/ 32 tinted front windows
    "Wanna see my Juke move"?

My dealership scheduled my first oil change when I picked up the car. They said the standard 3 months 3-4 K miles. I'm trying to keep the RPM under 4 K for the first 1 K miles as the manual suggests. I'm sure someone blew past that during a test drive.

I'll go with their recommendation, like its been said before, because it's under warranty.
    2011 Cayenne Red SV AWD - (Navi, splash guards, UK Arm rest, BU Camera)
    : 25+MPG City 30MPG Highway / Dino Oil
    : No Lights, Engine or Exhaust Mods

Quote Originally Posted by ZacMan527 View Post
    My dealership scheduled my first oil change when I picked up the car. They said the standard 3 months 3-4 K miles. I'm trying to keep the RPM under 4 K for the first 1 K miles as the manual suggests. I'm sure someone blew past that during a test drive.

I'll go with their recommendation, like its been said before, because it's under warranty.

Yeah you can't do that where I live... to many stupid people. Yesterday morning I had to slam the gas to get around a van changing lanes into me... his radio must have been up because I laid on the horn and he kept coming. I thought about reporting him to his company (company wrapped vehicle) but people do make mistakes and noone was hurt and nothing was damaged.

Also is it bad to have brought the truck above 100mph a few times on the highway under full throttle? lol in other words F it.

Quote Originally Posted by atif7x7 View Post
    Hi All,

Any expert advice if the first oil change should be done really soon (Under 1000 km or 600 miles) or do you all follow the Nissan schedule? I have heard conflicting views. Some say that oil from the factory is formulated for break in and should be run longer and some say its just regular dyno. Any one know for certain what comes in Japanese built Jukes? Should I change my oil to Synthetic right away or should I follow Nissan maintenance Schedule?

By the way, whats the recommended oil weight for Juke? I am just curious and don't have a manual.. Dyno or Syn?

Thanks
    i believe nissan gives you your first oil change for free dont they? thats what i was given for when we got the '09 Altima. i know the juke needs 5w-30 im not sure if Nissan puts factory brake in oil or not, i would hope. i recommend that you stick with the nissan schedule until the car is brakes in which is around typically 3-5,000 miles. after that happens i recommend synthetic oil because its has higher tolerances then regular oil. im not gonna say what brand because its almost like choosing a religion. some will say this brand is the peanut butter to their jelly and some other brand is a horrible cheap imitation, etc. overall, just make sure u keep the engine oil clean.
    Last edited by shockrage; 11-21-2010 at 04:52 PM.

9. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.