How to: Transfer Case Fluid Change (with pics) - Page 2

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to: Transfer Case Fluid Change (with pics)

Longer Breaking bar with a steel pipe. Break Free or Liquid Wrench. Soak it for 24 hours.
    2014 Silver NISMO RS 2wd 240whp 260tqe
    Tint Sun Strip. Cargo Cover. DRL Switch. Zenon Headlites. Full Ultratech Racing Brace Pkg
    LED:Gator Backup Dome License SideMarker Brake. Pinstriping. Doorguards.Weathertech's
    Lighted Scuffs, Accent Lighting, Nismo Strut Caps, 80A Engine mount. Uprev Tuned. Boost gauge
    2J Pully, GTM IC pipes, Injen CAI, TS Wastegate, Injen 2ndCATdlt & 3" pipe, TS BOV, Stut Tower Brace

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ayS View Post
    having a hardtime breaking loose the bolts from the factory for the first time on the transfer case. Any advice for getting it off easier? any other tool we could possibly use besides the steel pipe method?
    It looks like you have a 2016 RS.
    You may need to put the Juke on stands so you can use a longer pipe. If the fill plug is the same way on your Juke, there is not enough clearance to get a breaker bar in there. "Low profile" socket is another option. Those are usually sold in kits and are quite expensive.

- Are the fill plug and drain plug located the same as in my pictures? (taken on a 2013 S AWD)
    - Are you using the Allen wrench or the box wrench? How long is the handle?

Here is something that worked for me. I took a deep well 10MM socket and a fairly long extension and placed it on the end of the 10mm L-wrench, essentially creating a longer handle.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

ayS
    thanks for the recommendations guys. Well i was able to finally get the fill and drain plug off using a stubby hex and a 15 inch breaker bar. drained and fill the transfer case, tomorrow the rear diff. hopefully i can get rid of the "wine" i hear. though i suspect that could be from my intake and i am a bit paranoid.
    2016 Pearl White Nissan Juke Nismo RS AWD

Added a Step 0 in the first post to help locate the transfer case.

Quote Originally Posted by genuser View Post
    Added a Step 0 in the first post to help locate the transfer case.
    Perfect! I didn't think your write up could be any better, I stand corrected.

I did the trans case fluid maintenance last fall along with the rear dif. Your write ups with pics made the job familiar prior to getting under the car and thus much easier. Thanks

Now, how is it that your Juke is so clean underneath...?
    '12 Juke SL AWD '91 BMW 318is

Quote Originally Posted by dude59 View Post
    Perfect! I didn't think your write up could be any better, I stand corrected.

I did the trans case fluid maintenance last fall along with the rear dif. Your write ups with pics made the job familiar prior to getting under the car and thus much easier. Thanks

Now, how is it that your Juke is so clean underneath...?
    Ha, ha. I found a gas station with the perfect touch-free car wash including the perfect underbody wash. It is not cheap, but they don't cut corners with soap or water or pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by ayS View Post
    hopefully i can get rid of the "wine" i hear. though i suspect that could be from my intake and i am a bit paranoid.
    Over the years several Juke owners with the CVT transmission have reported hearing a "whine". Without actually hearing the sound and under what conditions it occurs, it's hard to tell if it's the classic CVT whine. Some who had the CVT whine report a CVT fluid change eliminated it. Some members, including a couple Nissan techs here, have recommended CVT fluid change at 15 to 30K mile intervals.
    Last edited by dude59; 03-20-2017 at 05:13 PM.
    '12 Juke SL AWD '91 BMW 318is

11. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.