How to: Rear camera install - Page 4
NEWS

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How to: Rear camera install

OK so if I put a back up cam in my SV where do I hang the monitor to watch to see if im running over the little kids in the naborhood or there toys? I don't have the navigator kind as they just wanted to dang much for this item, Anyone knows where is a cool place to put the cam monitor on my dash? A pic sure would help. Thanks my juke pep's

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

OHHHH and if you have a pic of what im trying to do can you please send it to me in a way i can find it real easy, as in computer stupid and half the time I can't find my way around in here. Thanks, Scott....

is this where the camera is located with the factory-mounted RearView camera or is it just attached to the license plate because that's easier for aftermarket?

i dont know how to connect the wire to 41 and 42. should i cut the wire from cam? but it has 2 wires inside, which one is 41, which one is 42?

Hi Thanks for the great instructions but despite following them cant get the camera to work.
    I got this camera from ebay, Item number: 330532341542 its listed for a QASHQAI but replaces the number plate light like the factory unit, only cost me 15.58 (yes - fifteen, fifty eight) free fast shipping from Hong Kong, I also replaced the other number plate bulb for a white neon one as this is what is in the camera unit. Powered the camera up & tried it on the TV at home, great colour picture. I got some connectors for the back of the head unit from Maplins in the UK They are called Colour Single-Pin Cables A39GF, the black plastic bit on the socket is easily removed & with a bit of fitting they go into the plug.
    I fitted the camera (I had to loosen the rear finisher from the rear door so i could get the wire through but this was O) I tried the camera in the car with portable TV - it gave a great rear view on the TV.
    The problem I have is that despite all this when I tried it on the head unit it does not work. The plug with terminals 23, 41 &42 that I have is a "mic patch lead", I needed to purchase this separately after retro fitting the Bosch Nissan Nav head unit. I connected the feed & shield from the camera to terminal 41 & 42, as the lead is a mic patch there is no wire into terminal 23 so nothing to cut. Does any one have any ideas why it its not working?, is there a different lead to 23 that stops the feed? Thanks

Further to my previous post today, another potential problem with the camera not working on the head unit could be that I have purchased an NTSC system camera (the seller thought that NTSC would work on 99 per cent of units - he was very helpful - NTSC or PAL are available with this camera). The camera worked on 2 different UK Samsung TV. Does anyone know if it needs to be a PAL system camera ? Thanks again.

Unhappy

I have taken head unit out again & re-connected feed & shield wires to the terminals, after checking camera feed on TV which was good. I also plugged feed & shield directly onto the terminals but again no camera picture on the head unit. Am pretty frustrated now & unsure if I can do anything else.

I give you kudos for trying this CSCSRS Juke. I know my limits which is why I bought the SL model. I'm an electronic nut - not a car guy.
    I'm not prejudice, I hate everybody.

Thumbs up

Thanks WRYKER its so frustrating as I don't think I'm doing anything wrong & can not understand why it does not work, its also a pain removing the unit each time. I need to leave it for a while & give it one more go. Best Wishes.

Ok, I've had my Nav equipped SV for about 24 hours now, and I've got the camera on order to be here in time for the weekend. Now I'm trying to find the service manual. The only thing I see on the Nissan Tech Info website is a CD for $210 or online viewing starting at $20 a day.

Am I missing something? The OP makes it sound like there is some way to buy just the A/V and interior body sections, but I'm not seeing that.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

12. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.