Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

Headlight Bulb Replacemnt

62K views 35 replies 24 participants last post by  Nuclear-Fallout 
#1 · (Edited)
So, Page 8-25 of the manual is worthless. I cant seem to get the connectors out OR to twist the base out. Anyone replace the bulbs yet want to clue me in on how to do this and how they found someone with a tiny enough arm to get to the passenger side bulb?!

*Replacement, cant change titles. Oops.

#8 ·
twist and turn. Pull the bulb out.

i know its a *****!

Is it so hard to make something that screws on, I found it more difficult to re-install, the bulb is tricky. It must be twisted in some weird fashion, i just looked at the headlight from the outside to see if it was lining up straight in the housing.

#13 ·
I changed mine a while ago. And to tell you the truth, I can't recall anything difficult about it. I don't have skinny arms either!

#16 ·
Hey,

I just swapped both bulbs out with Silverstar Ultra's. Took ~15 minutes. I disconncted an airbox on the drivers side to provide additional room.

- Push down on top of connector and pull connector straight back out.
- Remove black plastic ring by rotating counterclockwise and then pulling straight back out.
- Remove old bulb by pulling straihgt back out.

I had a little less room on the passenger side, but I managed to squeeze my hand down there after a few tries. Installation of the new bulbs and re-assembly is easier.

I suggest working on the drivers side first, to figure everything out as there is more room.

I have to wait for the sun to drop to see the rewards.

#22 ·
Man Hands Don't work on Juke

I was able to use my 13-year old half-Japanese son to get the bulbs out. We put the new Hella HB5 9007 bulbs in but we were not able to re-lock the bulb or the plastic cover into the sockets. Thus, I expect that the first pothole I hit the bulbs will fall out. Was anyone able to put the bulbs in? I think I also broke one of the three small silver plastic piece on the socket... Am I a dealer's wet dream or what?

#23 ·
I was able to use my 13-year old half-Japanese son to get the bulbs out. We put the new Hella HB5 9007 bulbs in but we were not able to re-lock the bulb or the plastic cover into the sockets. Thus, I expect that the first pothole I hit the bulbs will fall out. Was anyone able to put the bulbs in? I think I also broke one of the three small silver plastic piece on the socket... Am I a dealer's wet dream or what?
Seriously? I didn't find them that difficult to remove and replace at all....yeah its a bit tight but many of us on here have had no problems replacing the bulbs...

#25 ·
#26 ·
If you're going to do a HID conversion look at this site first HIDRetrofits | A High Performance HID Projector Retrofit Headlights Resource, then proceed to go here The Retrofit Source online: headlight upgrades for all applications and be sure to keep this in mind under
FMVSS 108 Section S7.7 (replacement light sources) you can be ticketed for your conversion. Although if done properly I doubt it will ever be an issue.
Thanks. That's all well and good, but just want to know if the NOTTO's are worth it.

#29 ·
#30 ·
#33 ·
Installed 400 lumen Lumen brand led parking lights in the gators. $21 a piece from carid.com. Outstanding. Trick is to put a couple drops of superglue and wedge a thin piece of cardboard, like from a matchbook, into the fixture. Otherwise, the led is loose and will eventually fall out into the gator lens.

Matched these up with a set of silverstar zxe headlamps, and I'm good to go. Excellent alternative to hid that is relatively cheap and doesn't cut a single wire. Looks awesome.

#34 ·
#36 ·
I just did mine. Its really easy (can be hard to unplug bulb) once you figure out the tricks. Step by step guide:
1 open hood
2 identify bulb housing I started on right it is a little easier
3 remove rubber grommet. There is a tab you pull then you slide it back along wiring harness. (It makes it easier)
4 un screw bulb holder it takes 1/4 turn then bilb comes out.
5 look at how the bulb is in there it needs to be reasembled corectly... I have an awesome memmory, but you could take a picture.
6 now the fun part. Unclip the bulb there is an area to push in the rear to open clip, but on the passenger side I went in bulb side and lifted the clip (might be easier)
7 celebrate getting bulb off...
8 instill new bulb in holder (never touch the glass as oils from your finger burn the bulb and extremly shorten its life)
9 put the bulb back into the housing the clip goes straight vertical.
10 twist the ring back on if it isnt going the bulb is not lined up correctly.
11 reinstall rubber gromet.

The passenger side is the same procedure with a few extra steps (when I figured this out it made the process easier)

Extra steps :
Remove winshield washer fluid filler neck it takes about 30 senconds and opens up the bay
1 On top of the filler neck where it attaches to the fender there is a bracket that is held in place by a bidy clip.
2 use a small flathead screwdriver to pop up the middle.
3 remove the clip
4 pull the neck straight up. It has 2 o rings at the bottom twisting it a little will help.

Follow the directions above to change the bulb
To reinstall neck
1 put the tube back in the hole
2 reinstall body clip

Finally close the hood and drink a beer. Shouldnt take longer then 15 minutes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.