Installing fog/driving lights
NEWS

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Installing fog/driving lights

Installing fog/driving lights

The only thing that I'm want to change on my SV (it just turned 1,000 miles yesterday) is the lack of fog or driving lights that are standard on the SL. So I bought a pair of lights and need to install them. But I have two questions: (1.) Where is there an easily accessible switched circuit under the hood, preferably in the area of the battery, to wire the relay to? and (2) Where can I run a wire through the firewall for the light switch? Any help/hints would be appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Did you buy the factory ones? They should be "Plug and Play" if you did. Mine are on order and I was told they come with everything needed including the new stalk and all wiring.

No, I bought a pair of cheapo Auto Zone lights. I considered getting the Nissan OEM foglights but in addition to paying about $200 for the lights, installation by Niisan requires approximately four hours of labor which involves removing the front bumper. But the wiring for your OEM lights is already installed behind the bumper.

my dealership quoted me $55 on the entire installation...

Please let me know the name of your dealer. I asked three different Nissan dealers including the one who sold me the car and ALL said that it would be roughly a four-hour job not including about $200 for the cost of the lights themselves.

Thanks,

Doug

Did I mention that my dealer wanted $300 for the lights alone?

nissan of dallas. the $55 is just for installation. the kit itself is $215. so $270 out the door. i have it on an email if they want to give me **** when i actually go to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silme View Post
    Did I mention that my dealer wanted $300 for the lights alone?
    eBay, OEM plug and play kit, DIY.

NISSAN JUKE FOG LIGHT KIT WITHOUT AUTO HEADLIGHTS - eBay (item 180582839654 end time Dec-03-10 11:48:46 PST)

Maybe the $55 quoted by Nissan of Dallas is their "Black Friday" special. It doesn't seem possible that they could remove the bumper, remove the brackets and the inserts that block the holes used by the lights, install the new lights, replace the bumper, and change the light stalk inside the car all in less than an hour. I would verify the price with their service manager before telling them to go ahead. Caveat emptor!

You would be surprised at how fast they go. Plus you gotta think, they exactly where everybolt is, what size, and just exactly how to pull on "that" part that just wont come loose. So $55 labor is apx. 45 minutes of labor. The only reason I don't tackle myself is i bought the extended warranty and they said will void warrant if i don't have them install.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.