Trip computer / Odometer - failure and blackout

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trip computer / Odometer - failure and blackout

Bue

Angry Trip computer / Odometer - failure and blackout

Our Juke from 2011 is having problems on the trip computer.

Sometimes it works fine,
    sometimes we can see half of the display,
    sometimes we can see strange symbols,
    and sometimes its alle gone...

Have you seen this before?
    What to do?
    Trip computer / Odometer - failure and blackout-img_1132.jpgTrip computer / Odometer - failure and blackout-img_1197.jpgTrip computer / Odometer - failure and blackout-img_1203.jpgTrip computer / Odometer - failure and blackout-img_1207.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trip computer / Odometer - failure and blackout-juke.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

I have never seen anything like this posted before. I think your Juke is trying to tell you something.
    Hidden Content

Wife's - 2013 Juke SL
    Mine - 2014 Juke Nismo RS

That is very odd... I'd guess a loose connector. Unfortunately it's probably internal to the display, so unless you want to take the cluster out yourself and dig into the internals, a dealership will probably have to order a new one to replace it.
    2013 Nissan Juke SL - Gun Metallic - CVT - AWD
    "Günther" The Growling Gun Metal Grey Juke (Hidden Content )
    Injen - CAI, Second Cat Delete, Cat-Back Exhaust, IC Pipes w/ Custom Lower Pipe
    Turbosmart - Kompact BOV
    2J Racing - Lightweight Pulley
    Saikou Michi - Dual OCC
    Impact Racing Zone - Front Strut Bar
    Stillen - Rear Sway Bar
    Prosport - EVO Boost Gauge

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum, Bue. Sorry you are having issues. Looks like a trip to the bone yard is in order!?
    2014 Nismo RS 6MT
    Nismo cf front lip, Nismo cool-blue mirrors, Nismo CAIw/Aux, Impul cf mirrors + inner panels, Seibon hood, Hella horns
    Homelink mirror, OEM refresh tails, DRLswitch, Rays formula lugs, 2J pulley+hoses, Injen IC kit, SM DOCCs
    Synapse DV, IRZ STB, Cusco RSB, 370Z smoke rear fog+switch, SmartStart mobile remote start
    Lightwerkz FXR Stg 1 HID projector retrofit, 3Gs Dual Pod Pillar, Aeroforce CNi102 gauges, Samco hoses
    Uninstalled: TUI catback, Cusco lower arm bar, Impul grille

My microwave oven does this...lol. After a while it is fine but a year down the road it acts up again for a month or so. I just figured it was communicating with me
    2011 Juke SL (bought used on 11/2016 w/35k+ miles)
    Gun Metal, leather w/red stitching, RF audio, Nav/rear camera, heated seats, moon/sunroof. Mods: Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , K&N air filter, window visors, top rear spoilerr, Hidden Content , headlight inserts, Hidden Content , Lock buckle covers
    More to come

Thats a bad LCD unit. Replace it.
    2014 Silver NISMO RS 2wd 240whp 260tqe
    Tint Sun Strip. Cargo Cover. DRL Switch. Zenon Headlites. Full Ultratech Racing Brace Pkg
    LED:Gator Backup Dome License SideMarker Brake. Pinstriping. Doorguards.Weathertech's
    Lighted Scuffs, Accent Lighting, Nismo Strut Caps, 80A Engine mount. Uprev Tuned. Boost gauge
    2J Pully, GTM IC pipes, Injen CAI, TS Wastegate, Injen 2ndCATdlt & 3" pipe, TS BOV, Stut Tower Brace

Bue
    Hi all. Thanks for your replies.
    Maybe my car is is trying to tell me to dump it... - I have just replaced the engine after a broken timing chain after 70.000 miles. (Cost: 10.000$)

But anyway, Macgyver: Do you think I can get a spare LCD unit? - Do you know the problem - seen it before?

/Bue

Quote Originally Posted by Bue View Post
    Hi all. Thanks for your replies.
    Maybe my car is is trying to tell me to dump it... - I have just replaced the engine after a broken timing chain after 70.000 miles. (Cost: 10.000$)

But anyway, Macgyver: Do you think I can get a spare LCD unit? - Do you know the problem - seen it before?

/Bue
    I did a little search and found these in Google shopping:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#t...+juke+odometer

I know that my microwave LCD display has a short or something and that's why it does that on occasion but it doesn't effect the functionality. A little different situation with the Juke. Unfortunately LCD displays don't last forever. There are also a ton of them on eBay.

As far as the timing chain: did you have the recall done for that timing chain before it went on you?
    Last edited by Stunning70; 01-03-2017 at 03:12 PM.
    2011 Juke SL (bought used on 11/2016 w/35k+ miles)
    Gun Metal, leather w/red stitching, RF audio, Nav/rear camera, heated seats, moon/sunroof. Mods: Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , K&N air filter, window visors, top rear spoilerr, Hidden Content , headlight inserts, Hidden Content , Lock buckle covers
    More to come

Quote Originally Posted by Stunning70 View Post
    I did a little search and found these in Google shopping:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#t...+juke+odometer

I know that my microwave LCD display has a short or something and that's why it does that on occasion but it doesn't effect the functionality. A little different situation with the Juke. Unfortunately LCD displays don't last forever. There are also a ton of them on eBay.

As far as the timing chain: did you have the recall done for that timing chain before it went on you?
    This ^^^^^^^

It should be an easy install for the most part. I think the mileage is stored in the ECU? so this is an easy solution. Replace the whole speedo/dash.
    2014 Silver NISMO RS 2wd 240whp 260tqe
    Tint Sun Strip. Cargo Cover. DRL Switch. Zenon Headlites. Full Ultratech Racing Brace Pkg
    LED:Gator Backup Dome License SideMarker Brake. Pinstriping. Doorguards.Weathertech's
    Lighted Scuffs, Accent Lighting, Nismo Strut Caps, 80A Engine mount. Uprev Tuned. Boost gauge
    2J Pully, GTM IC pipes, Injen CAI, TS Wastegate, Injen 2ndCATdlt & 3" pipe, TS BOV, Stut Tower Brace

Bue
    On a google search I found a lot of Nissan Quest owner with the same issue on the LCD...
    Maybe it can be fixed by reworking the ribbon cable...

@Stunning70:
    The recall for the timing chain did not cover Denmark.

/Bue

13. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.