Too much treble, not enough mid-range?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Too much treble, not enough mid-range?

Too much treble, not enough mid-range?

I have tried to search through threads here, google search, etc., but I haven't seen others complaining about the same thing, but forgive me if this has been asked and answered elsewhere on the forum.

I can't seem to get my audio system to sound right. I have the SL audio w/Fosgate subwoofer. If I adjust treble and bass in the center, the treble sounds way too sharp. Some songs literally almost hurt my ears. But when I lower the treble, it still doesn't sound right. It seems like there's too much treble and not enough mid-range. I know NOTHING about sound systems, but I know this doesn't sound right! Can somebody tell me if it sounds like there's something wrong with my system?

My last vehicle was a 2003 Ford Escape XLT w/6 disc changer. The sound in my Juke doesn't even come close to that, and 8 years later, I would think it should, no?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

i feel the same way. it's either too much bass, and everything else is washed out, or too much treble, and everything else is washed out. im sure theres a balance that we just havent found yet

I have the RF sound system in my Juke. I have bass set at 1 and treble at 4. I only have listened to music thru my iPod, and if you are using the same you might need to go thru the music settings on that to get the right sound. I have the balance and fader both set even. Hope this helps

Count me in. The SL sound system is poor. The midrange is weak and the treble is trashy. Also the base is not tight. A bit too boomy.

The worst thing is the midrange.

I think it needs new drivers, equalizer or both.

I think I read a post where someone has replaced the drivers. Would love to know the results.

PiperRoy

Quote Originally Posted by PiperRoy View Post
    Count me in. The SL sound system is poor. The midrange is weak and the treble is trashy. Also the base is not tight. A bit too boomy.

The worst thing is the midrange.

I think it needs new drivers, equalizer or both.

I think I read a post where someone has replaced the drivers. Would love to know the results.

PiperRoy
    Well said. I'm trying to determine - is the system consistent from one Juke to another and a few of us just don't like it or do a few of us actually have a problem with our systems?

Quote Originally Posted by cmgpage View Post
    I have the RF sound system in my Juke. I have bass set at 1 and treble at 4. I only have listened to music thru my iPod, and if you are using the same you might need to go thru the music settings on that to get the right sound. I have the balance and fader both set even. Hope this helps
    Would that be base 1 above center and treble 4 above center? If so, that is the opposite of what I am doing, and really makes me think I have a problem with my unit. I have to turn the treble down and boost the bass a bit. I have the same issue whether using FM, XM, and aux.

1 above center on bass and 4 above center on treble. If I want a little more bass I kick it up 1 or 2. I admit that the system isn't the best, but for 'factory' it isn't bad. If I am wanting something that is going to rattle the windows in my house, than I'm going custom on whatever car I buy. But for the price of my SL, it beats the hell out of the loaner car (altima) that we drove around in before getting the Juke! I am coming from a merc clk and it's not as clear as that, but I'm in no rush to buy any speakers/amp!

From the center point I go 4-5 above for Treble and 4-5 below for bass.
    It seems to work for my listening preference.

I'm going to try the other combos mentioned and see how that sounds.
    Last edited by msagustin; 07-04-2011 at 02:50 AM.
    2011 Nissan Juke SL AWD CVT
    Cayenne Red
    2012 Nissan Juke SV AWD CVT

Electric Blue
    Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
    TAKE THE COLOR POLL

i don't know. maybe settings is really dependant on music taste, if Juker A listens to 50 cent and Juker B listens to Ma and Pa Banjo theyre obviously not going to set the balance similarly.
    And it pains me to complain at all, since i came from a no frills 98 dakota, whose speakers were already effed beyond repair

Quote Originally Posted by MattThePossum View Post
    i don't know. maybe settings is really dependant on music taste, if Juker A listens to 50 cent and Juker B listens to Ma and Pa Banjo theyre obviously not going to set the balance similarly.
    And it pains me to complain at all, since i came from a no frills 98 dakota, whose speakers were already effed beyond repair
    Hahah....I hear you Matt. Good point! But I think my issue may be getting missed in all this. I'm not looking to rattle windows and I'm no audiophile. I'm a right-down-the-middle listener (bass, treble, volume and probably even a "light-weight" compared to most in musical taste - think Eric Clapton, Coldplay, Beatles, with occasional Sinatra thrown in!). On the Escape I had for 8 years with a decent equalizer that had several instant settings, I LIKED it in the default setting when listening to music (News setting when listening to talk). I'm trying to determine if there is something wrong with my unit. All settings in the center should be pretty much the way the record producers intended it to sound, more or less...it should at least be "not bad". That's not the case.This sounds "tinny". Treble at center sounds so sharp that it literally almost hurts my ears in certain songs. Normally, turning the treble down would take care of the problem, (or of just a preference issue) but mid-range is so weak it sounds more like a transistor radio than a premium sound system.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.