New stereo finally installed! - Page 11
NEWS

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New stereo finally installed!

I have the Metra Axxess controller with a Pioneer X930 HU and it works.

There are settings for the Axxess for Seek up/down and Preset up/down. You probably have the toggle set for Preset. This will allow you to cycle through radio stations and albums or folders on CD/SD cards but not cycle through CD tracks or tracks within a folder on SD/USB. To cycle up/down on tracks, you need to change the toggle to Seek.

The problem then will be that you can't cycle up/down through radio stations. You will be Seeking through every station and not your presets. To get around this, I use the toggle for Seek and programmed the on-hook BT button for Preset up. That way I can at least cycle through radio stations in one direction and I can also use that button to switch to the next folder on an SD card or next album on an ipod.

Hope that helps. I can't offer any advice on why your ipod isn't working.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

ARF
    Quote Originally Posted by Acme View Post
    I have the Metra Axxess controller with a Pioneer X930 HU and it works.

There are settings for the Axxess for Seek up/down and Preset up/down. You probably have the toggle set for Preset. This will allow you to cycle through radio stations and albums or folders on CD/SD cards but not cycle through CD tracks or tracks within a folder on SD/USB. To cycle up/down on tracks, you need to change the toggle to Seek.

The problem then will be that you can't cycle up/down through radio stations. You will be Seeking through every station and not your presets. To get around this, I use the toggle for Seek and programmed the on-hook BT button for Preset up. That way I can at least cycle through radio stations in one direction and I can also use that button to switch to the next folder on an SD card or next album on an ipod.

Hope that helps. I can't offer any advice on why your ipod isn't working.
    When did you install the Axxess?

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
    Gun Metal AWD SL, , The Shop 3" turbo back dual exhaust, 3" CAI & Downpipe. Forge IC, Tial QR DV, EcuTek tune, BNR TD04 19t/HL turbo. 370z sport brake package. BC coilovers, impul braces, IRZ strut. Rays VR.G2 20x9 Wheels, Hankook V12 Evo 245/35/20. HID retro xenon lights. 38% tint, Nismo front, side & Spoiler. Sound- IPad mini HU, Audison Bit One & Voce 5.1k Amp. Morel Supremo soundstage & dual 10" Ultimo SC Sub. Sparco Milano seats

Thanks for the help, I'll take it back to the place and have him switch it, annoying that it doesn't just work like you think it would.

Quote Originally Posted by ARF View Post
    When did you install the Axxess?
    1/23/12

ARF
    1/23/12
    Did you plug directly into the glove box controller

Gun Metal AWD SL, , The Shop 3" turbo back dual exhaust, 3" CAI & Downpipe. Forge IC, Tial QR DV, EcuTek tune, BNR TD04 19t/HL turbo. 370z sport brake package. BC coilovers, impul braces, IRZ strut. Rays VR.G2 20x9 Wheels, Hankook V12 Evo 245/35/20. HID retro xenon lights. 38% tint, Nismo front, side & Spoiler. Sound- IPad mini HU, Audison Bit One & Voce 5.1k Amp. Morel Supremo soundstage & dual 10" Ultimo SC Sub. Sparco Milano seats

I had Best Buy do it because my insurance company paid. My old X920 was stolen out of my old car and I ditched it for the Juke so I put the factory radio back in and put the replacement Pioneer in the Juke and it came with an install voucher.

I believe the controller behind the glove box needs to be jumped so the Axxess can utilize the BT buttons. I can dig out my notes if you need me to and it should be on the Axxess web site.

ARF
    I had Best Buy do it because my insurance company paid. My old X920 was stolen out of my old car and I ditched it for the Juke so I put the factory radio back in and put the replacement Pioneer in the Juke and it came with an install voucher.

I believe the controller behind the glove box needs to be jumped so the Axxess can utilize the BT buttons. I can dig out my notes if you need me to and it should be on the Axxess web site.
    The Axxess website has bad information. If you have notes I would appreciate it. I can PM you my email address if you find it. Thanks.

I can send it tonight when I get home. I gave the installer the instructions from Axxess. You just may not have found what you needed because their site is not that good. Sorry I can't pull it apart to look because I don't have a garage to work in.

I'll take those notes too if you don't mind. If this PAC one doesn't want to work properly I have no issues with swapping it out for the Axxess one.

Just out of curiosity, is everyone that is installing headunits using the power/ground that is in the wire stock wire harness? In my last vehicle I switched from using the power/ground in the stock harness to running a dedicated 10awg power cable from the battery and using my own chassis ground and found that sound quality improved quite a bit just from doing that. This was with an aftermarket headunit, of course, but was amazing at how that alone made such a large difference.

If you are running separate amps for your speakers and subs, the thicker power cables to the HU more than likely won't make a big difference though, its just the 16awg power wires on the stock harness can't supply the power needed to run the 4x50w amps in most headunits. You get voltage sag, which leads to additional heat and diminished power output.

Just an idea for anyone looking to install a headunit... The benefit might be even larger with a dedicated power line as well as ground.
    Current Ride: 2012 Juke SL AWD in Metallic Bronze with the black and red leather seats.
    Current Mods: LED replacements front to back, K-Powered IC Hardpipes, rear muffler delete.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.