Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

hit/run while parked

3K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Macgyver 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

my car was hit while parked and no note was left. i actually didn't even notice right away so could have been in a few different places i went to.

anyways, it doesn't look too bad but needs work, it is a leased car. Went quickly to get an estimate and is about 1k. i haven't called my insurance but will do it shortly. The thing I didn't get from the estimate was that the quoted me for the "JUKE" "AWD" SL nameplates, the damage is on the left rear side, and those things are placed on the right side.

any thoughts?

my deductible is $500 so the guys said I should go through insurance.

I have attached some photos and hopefully you'll see the damage. Other than that, the only thing i noticed is that the muffler is slightly noisy, I think. I assume is making contact with the plastic thing that's right behind.

I would appreciated any input!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
What a total Bummer !!!

I feel for you.

How much was your deductible ?

#3 · (Edited)
it would be $500. Hoping my premium won't go up, but the agent said they can't guarantee that even if it wasn't my fault.

Hopefully the the damage isn't over of the ballpark estimate I got, though I am taking the car to the shop my insurance recommended and they will do a throughout inspection.

My first claim ever, wish whoever did would have left a note.

#4 ·
Your should go through insurance because you would only pay $500. The rest is covered by insurance. In the event it goes over the estimate, the insurance still covers it.

Chance of insurance not going up? Somewhere between slim and none. About the only thing that you can claim and not have insurance go up is wind shield damage from stone chip. Other than that it will mostly depend on the coverage and local legislation. I know some insurance company have accident forgiveness and some jurisdiction has no fault coverage.

It is entirely possible that whoever did it didn't notice the damage and left or could have been afraid of insurance going up and just ran.

#5 ·
Hard to tell from the images, but it looks like just the lower plastic bumper was damaged (which is not painted). Did they crack or penetrate the clearcoat on the upper bumper anywhere (doesn't seem like they are replacing that piece from the estimate)? Anything structural bent?

If not, I would pick up a CAPA-certified lower bumper cover for ~$72, grab some new retaining clips for a few bucks more and buff out any surface scratches on painted surfaces. Then save on deductible and the associated insurance increase.
2012 NISSAN JUKE 1.6L L4 Turbocharged Bumper Cover | RockAuto

#6 ·
**cough*cough** a mixture of hairspray, sand, dirt & general side of the road mess, when you return the car **cough*cough** it looks nasty and wont wash off quickly-it covers a multitude of sins :)

someone went into the side of me creasing the front and rear door of a loaner, i put this mess all over the car and never had any repercussions.

#7 ·
Thanks everyone for your input. I looked at it again because the muffler is making a little more noise. though it is more noticeable when idling. To me it looks like the plastic is making it contact with the muffler and hence the noise- I'm not able to pull that plastic think back and I cannot tell if the metal support ? That runs along the muffler got pushed in or if that's how it suppose to be.

#13 ·
Without seeing more of the back end, I think you're getting charged for badges you don't need.
https://parts.nissanusa.com/nissanp...d=14&groupid=N&sectionid=990&partcode=84815^A
#908921KA0A: Nissan. Hatch Emblem. Nameplate. Rear; JUKE
These should be what is on the Left hand side.
Yeah- I have no idea why that quote adds those other badges. i don't know what the balance panel is? if its the whole thing there the badges are then thats why, but even if it was that, the badges aren't damaged, can't they just use those?

#11 ·
Couple of more questions-

Am I required to inform the leased company? its unclear in the paperwork, it says if there is sustainable damage, not sure what's considered that.

The shop/inspection place my insurance recommends won't do it until Monday June 5th, they said the place is booked all next week, the agent offered two other places but they are far - about 25-30 minutes, plus traffic- the other place is within a 5 minute drive so I said I will do it then/there, obviously my choice, but is it normal for the inspection to take this long? the agent said they don't send anyone because the car is drivable, this shop has very good reviews everywhere I have looked.

#14 · (Edited)
Here are a few more photos. For the record, when I first noticed, the cover over the tire was popped out, I pushed it in along with the panel where the JUKE badge is, it wasn't very significant on either part. The photo where the red circle is shows the plastic panel or cover? that came undone, the arrow points to whats very close to the muffler which I don't know if it is supposed to be like that or the metal thing was pushed in. I hope I am explaining myself and hope the damage isn't too bad.

Attachments

#16 ·
Its all fixable on a lighter note. Wont take much for a good body shop. Just sucks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.