Juke Wine Rack Grill Options - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Juke Wine Rack Grill Options

Not bad.. But I was forced to use what I've got, found or was able to acquire from my wife company.. They have a metal smithing shop and a few water jet machines.. Thou I'm very lucky have been given these aluminum sheets which have been honey combed cut, I've simply placed these inside the grille openings and attached with heavy duty black tie wraps.. Not pretty, but very simple to have done. Taking about 1 hour to complete. Even had two other Juke owners request that I do the same to their Jukes.
    Read more? ( Honey Comb, Honey Comb...)

If I could gain some leeway on acquiring these sheets, (which are only produced once ever 6 months or so) I was thinking of creating a grille kit to sell to other juke owners.. Still in the works.
    Last edited by MarylandJuke; 04-05-2012 at 01:19 PM. Reason: URL Updated

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Clark View Post

I like the custom bottom brackets you added to the Ovals to hold the grill in place...makes for an easy "lift up" for cleaning...

I can't believe how many folks have installed these now.... I'm glad to have worked with Matt at Customcargrills to develope the original templates for these....I've had mine installed on my Juke for over a year now and holding up amazingly well! And yes...thats my Juke on Customcargrills.com website...

http://customcargrills.com/products.asp?cat=64
    Last edited by curious; 03-30-2012 at 12:58 PM.

Hi curious, I first checked out your pic on the Custom Car Grill website end of last year and it sold me the idea of fitting the Grill Parts. I then contacted Matt regularly and what I intended to do I have sent him this week a small procedure on how I installed these brackets etc.
    I must say that I need more time to look at your website but the first impressions are "Excellent" a really nice Juke with lots of spec. Just a quicky do you have the information for the Brake Caliper Covers as this is what I have been looking for some time but I would prefer steel as against plastic ? - Thanks Dave

I received a set this week. Now they are coming with screws in case you want to screw down the swivel bases and not rely on the adhesive tape.
    2012 JUKE S CVT FWD
    Current Mods: 50/35 Tint / IC Hard Pipes / 2J Crank Pulley / Injen CAI
    Planned Mods: 3" Turbo back / Charge Pipe / Synapse DV / Wine Rack Inserts / Fog Light / LEDs

I chose not to use the swivels because I was worried about snow and ice ripping the grills off. So I used three L brackets. One on each side (these are what I screwed the grill to) and one on the bottom so the grill to act as a back stop. I have had them on for about a year now and they have not budged.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Juke Wine Rack Grill Options-dsc02136.jpg   Juke Wine Rack Grill Options-dsc02134.jpg   Juke Wine Rack Grill Options-dsc02135.jpg  
    Last edited by jlgurne; 03-30-2012 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post
    wow..now thats alot of brackets there JLG!

I do like Dave's tapped hole bracket approach alot...very clean looking and a nice one screw approach for easy liftup of the grill for cleaning...I am glad to see Customcargrils will be using these in their kits now... If my epoxied down swivel mounts ever do fall off I'll have to have Matt send me some brackets...
    Yeah it looks good. LOL...I have a problem with way over analyzing things and doing way more than needs to be done. I have to tell myself often to use the KISS(keep it simple stupid) principle but rarely stick to it. I also had it in my head that I would not use zip-ties.

curious /jlgurne, I am glad you guys appreciate this solution so just to fill you in a little more here are some pics of what the parts looked like before assembling them and the finished bracket installed. Std Bracket + rubber backed with double sided tape ( 1 sided only ) + again a strip of double sided tape for adhesion to auto + screw for fixing. Hope this helps you if required !!

Juke Wine Rack Grill Options-p1020781.jpgJuke Wine Rack Grill Options-p1020785.jpgJuke Wine Rack Grill Options-p1020786.jpg

Done deal ordering todayJuke Wine Rack Grill Options-img_0029.jpg

No I just like the pick
    Last edited by CoolantGuy; 03-31-2012 at 11:45 AM.

I fabricated this prototype and it seems that it will fit just right on the grille. I'll test fit it tomorrow, if it fits the other two are ready to be made. DIY instructions will follow if the fit is successful...

Juke Wine Rack Grill Options-new....jpg

12. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.