Juke Front Bumper

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Juke Front Bumper

Juke Front Bumper

Had Nissan repaint my front bumper after having a piece of paint chip off in the corner between the bumper and fender. They paid for it but I picked it up today and the White Pearl is too White and looks bad. I have to call tomorrow and have them redue it. I am at the mercy of them since they are paying for it. This sucks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Juke Front Bumper-img_0486.jpg  
    Last edited by adamfajge; 09-16-2011 at 10:22 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

ooohhh bad color match I am amazed they even tried to hand it back to you looking like that.
    2011 Chrome Silver SL FWD. Sport Package

I would bring it back and make them redo it. It obviously doesn't match.
    2011 Nissan Juke SL AWD CVT
    Cayenne Red
    2012 Nissan Juke SV AWD CVT

Electric Blue
    Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
    TAKE THE COLOR POLL

Super Moderator
    I prob did not even take the car back.

Hope they can get it in the right color. Gonna be difficult.
    F15 Juke DIG-T(urbo)

They will fix it this week. They said it needs to be tinted darker. Its hard color to work with. In sunlight it looks different than with the clouds out.

The bumper will match the body color if done correctly. There is also a technique called "blending" that tricks the eye.

A 30 year body shop painter told me the reason why some bumpers have a slight variance in color to the actual body color is because the bumpers are painted separately and quite possibly at different times from the actual body of the car creating the slight color mis-match.
    When on the assembly lines, they pick the matching color and bolt it in. It's usually close to spot on. Some slight color mismatch are obvious like silver and red.

I actually looked at a Juke being repaired for rear end damage. The fresh painted rear bumper matched the rest of the body perfectly. The unaffected front bumper had a darker color variance.

Now I firmly believe that the explanation of "painting on metal versus painting on plastic will always create a variance in color" is just a myth.
    2011 Nissan Juke SL AWD CVT
    Cayenne Red
    2012 Nissan Juke SV AWD CVT

Electric Blue
    Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
    TAKE THE COLOR POLL

Quote Originally Posted by msagustin View Post
    The bumper will match the body color if done correctly. There is also a technique called "blending" that tricks the eye.
    Absolutely, but this isn't even close enough to blend in IMO.
    Hope they have a better match the second time!!!! Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by msagustin View Post

A 30 year body shop painter told me the reason why some bumpers have a slight variance in color to the actual body color is because the bumpers are painted separately and quite possibly at different times from the actual body of the car creating the slight color mis-match.
    When on the assembly lines, they pick the matching color and bolt it in. It's usually close to spot on. Some slight color mismatch are obvious like silver and red.

I actually looked at a Juke being repaired for rear end damage. The fresh painted rear bumper matched the rest of the body perfectly. The unaffected front bumper had a darker color variance.

Now I firmly believe that the explanation of "painting on metal versus painting on plastic will always create a variance in color" is just a myth.
    The issue is that the bumpers are plastic and the fenders are metal. From the factory these parts usually do not match very well, but the issue it even worse dealing with pearls like found on the Juke and my PPW Z.
    2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X - Stock
    2004.5 Nissan 350z PPW - Tein Coilovers, 20x9.5/20x11 iForged Sprint Wheels... more stuff
    1992 Chevy 2 Door Full-Size Blazer 4x4 - 6" Superlift Lift, 20" Centerlines, 33" M/T Tires

I like the new shade of white better.. Just have them paint the whole car to match the bumper

when I bought my Juke I had to have the dealer fix a bunch of scratches I found and they still are not 100% gone. I might have to have them repaint where the deep scratches are!

12. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.