Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

The first chips are always painful

15K views 48 replies 35 participants last post by  berth 
#1 ·
Not even 3k miles and I have 2 road wounds on my hood! Took the afternoon and washed the car and nearly dropped to my knees.

Oh well.

By the way, those Sham Wow things are terrible! My blue shop towels did better at soaking up water. Save your money and stick with the towels, Sham Wow is garbage.

See less See more
#41 ·
Nissan is notorious for cheap paint so I wasted no time in wrapping my hood, roof and back hatch with 3M Di-Noc carbon fiber. Should last about 6-7 years since the car is rarely in the sun (I work nights and it's parked under a carport) for more than 3-4 hours a week. When it comes time to trade it in or sell, I'll remove the wrap and have those pieces look as good as new. See sig for pic.

G
#45 ·
Mine is a year old and I have a hood deflector, but still have 20-30 chips. Some of which have started to rust even though I have touched them up. Dealer said this is not covered under warranty and I am working with Nissan North America to come to a resolution as this is ridiculous. My previous car was a 2003 Chevy Malibu that had probably a hundred chips in the hood, none of which had started to rust in 8 years.

#47 ·
My driver door has a ton of paint gone. I went to walmart one day (first problem there), and once i came back out, whoever decided to park next to me took out a section of paint with their door. I have no idea who did it, but it looks terrible and i was told only option to fix it is to get it re-painted. Plus i have to look at it every time i get into my car. Really depressing.

#48 ·
I am definately worried about my car. this is my FIRST brand new car! I drove a YUKON for last 12 years. I may have 2-3 chips on that hood. I am thinking, I made a mistake buying a Nissan now. I do love my Juke but if I'm already trying to buy a touch up paint, I'm not sure if I made a right decision......

#49 ·
You should definitely look into something like Clear Bra. Here is the group that did mine.
VentureShield Paint Protection

I got mine in January and took it skiing pretty much every week (only in bad weather) during the winter and every other week this spring and summer and I have no dings to speak of. I think I paid something like $700. I have 8k on the car already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.